• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
How many new pokemon in this gen (excluding megas) ?

Is there a legendary trio?

The Legendary trio is comprised of Zygarde, Xerneas, and Yveltal.

R_N

Wait, I just remembered something. Someone called 'Zar' on Josh's board. Is it a leaker ? Because I think I remember hearing it informing Josh of how it evolve its Clauncher...

The name sounds familiar, so maybe? Guess he didn't just disappear like I thought if so

Paradigm

Zar was female and vanished. Kenpachi seems to have vanished too. Could be IRL stuffs. Could've been Nintendo'd. Right now Josh is our only hope for late game stuff. He's approaching gym 8.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
I just realized this gen we don't have a true 'trio'
I mean we have the 3 Legendaries that are Game Mascots
But no United Theme Trio, like the Musketeers/Swords, The Pixies, The Beasts, The Birds, etc (Though, due to the fourth member, the true trio for Gen 5 could be considered the Genies)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
But no United Theme Trio, like the Musketeers/Swords, The Pixies, The Beasts, The Birds, etc (Though, due to the fourth member, the true trio for Gen 5 could be considered the Genies)

The Swords of Justice are a foursome, though.

So, yeah, it's most likely Bird, Beast, Regi, Pixie, Kami.

Not sure with this one, though.

Perhaps YveXerZyg is actually the lesser trio and the real Mascot Trio is Event?

Rakurai

The problem is if you don't have a diverse team you're going to get stomped competitively. You need the best of walls, the best of sweepers, clerics / haxxers, and whatever else to make sure your team is ready for anything.

This is what gives me the impression that the battle facilities in this game are going to be an absolute nightmare to get a high win streak in if there are Mega Evolutions in the later rounds.

A lot of the megas shown so far look to be of a strength that's easily capable of tearing through your entire team if you don't have something that can counter them, and since you can only use three Pokemon, the likelihood of being able to do so is much lower.

Abizzel1

Y U no love Regi's

:'-(

Abizzel1

One thing I really want to know is doe Hail now boost an Ice types DEF stat by 1.5x. It's only fair since Sandstorm does the same for it's type. I also want to know if there are any hail type abilities that boost ice attacks by 30%, or double speed like Sand Force and Sand Rush.

Since the Ice Gym is last ice might get a better boost. Here's hoping, ice could really become an anti-meta game with these boost, and we all know they need it.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Zar was female and vanished. Kenpachi seems to have vanished too. Could be IRL stuffs. Could've been Nintendo'd. Right now Josh is our only hope for late game stuff. He's approaching gym 8.

Hm, interesting. But at this point, I think even if Josh was caught up, it wouldn't do much difference. I just really hope he finds out how evolving Pumpkaboo and Phantump, though. They both seem pretty mysterious, especially Gourgeist. "Small from" bothers me.

And I'm happy about it. Legendaries that aren't the mascots usually do nothing interesting, story-wise. The lesser, the better.

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
This is what gives me the impression that the battle facilities in this game are going to be an absolute nightmare to get a high win streak in if there are Mega Evolutions in the later rounds.

A lot of the megas shown so far look to be of a strength that's easily capable of tearing through your entire team if you don't have something that can counter them, and since you can only use three Pokemon, the likelihood of being able to do so is much lower.

The strategy of "Fight Mega with Mega" still applies, but I agree it's likely to be more challenging than previous battle facilities.

R_N

Kanpachi hasn't vanished, he just has life and presumably is trying to avoid poke-burnout.

Good, the amount of legendaries getting churned out each gen was getting ridiculous.

Bluemage21

Kanpachi hasn't vanished, he just has life and presumably is trying to avoid poke-burnout.

There is no such thing, it is impossible to be bored of pokemon only distracted by something lesser :)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Good, the amount of legendaries getting churned out each gen was getting ridiculous.

I actually loved Gen IV's amount of 14 (Phione included).

I loved all the myths regarding them, and that they weren't just there as was the case with Gen I.

I also liked their designs a lot.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
No, it's Dazzling Gleam. And the guy takes mostly ss of the ones Josh post up.

But perhaps the light coloring means that it can learn it, but that it's not selected?? That would be awesome!

There really aren't that many good 6th gen Pokemon in terms of their stats.

The only ones that really stand out to me at this point are Helioptile, Noivern, and Goodra.

Really, Heliolisk has good stats? Must've missed something then.. Why u no mention Talonflame (Att/Spd), Aegislash (Att150!), Barbaracle or Trevenant (Att)?

Yveltal's entry is awesome. I wonder how it'll play out with Xerneas?

When Xerneas is resting, it sends out life energy to the surrounding souls.

Nah, that's just what Naruto does nowadays.. Naruto = Fairy-type! :D

Daisukereds

I know of 3 leakers : Kenpachi, Zar (both.. most likely with Y) and Josh, who had X ..or it was the other way around.

R_N

Really, Heliolisk has good stats? Must've missed something then.. Why u no mention Talonflame (Att/Spd), Aegislash (Att150!), Barbaracle or Trevenant (Att)?

Talonflame is actually looking aggressively mediocre in everything but speed

I know of 3 leakers : Kenpachi, Zar (both.. most likely with Y) and Josh, who had X ..or it was the other way around.

Josh has Y, he was evolving Skrelp earlier and dealing with Yveltal i believe

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Kenpachi and Josh have Y, while Zar had X, I think. But 'Zar' vanished after giving few pictures, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.