• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Added you.

Btw I skipped the last generation of PKMN, so what is that separate friend code for?

The exact same use as with Gen IV.

You register it in the Pal Pad, you go talk to the Pokémon Center WiFi Club Attendant, and you can battle/trade.

I have the opposite reaction. I hated that GF is nerfing the early bugs with each new gen starting with last gen.. Now we have decent bugs instead of terrible.. Seriously Vivillon from the estimation of Smogon it has 80 HP and 100 base stat on both Sp Attk and Speed.. Not to mention it may have a much better movepool after all Masuda said that with the new moves new pokemon are the priority to have them in their movepool the oldies are gunna hafta rely on luck!

I still like Beautifly's design though..

Nerfing?

I thought that Venipede and Sewaddle were much better than the older ones.

Oh, wait, you meant it the other way.

Nah, Venomoth, Butterfree, and a certain Gen III Bug are still great, among others.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Buechs44

Aipom Master
I also really like Dragalge (when I saw Skrelp, I had no idea it would evolve into something this awesome) and Trevenant quite a lot

Watchog

Lv. 50
I'm a little bit upset about the whole 69 new pokemon thing, Just as i predicted, All because of the temporary mega forms. Now i'm not saying i'm gonna cancel pre-order for that, I'm just saying i'm dissapointed with this gen, And by gen i mean generation of pokemon. The game will obviously be sick...

Vizion

I'm really just looking forward to getting a Dragalgae now ;)

Greekboy

Favorite: Dragalge. I need this thing so much!

Least favorite: Whatever that thing is that Bunelby evolves into. (shudders)

Hopefully Draglage would be able to serve as a check to the Fairy type
I'm not much of a competitive battler, but I guess something like that would work?

Underachiever007

The exact same use as with Gen IV.

You register it in the Pal Pad, you go talk to the Pokémon Center WiFi Club Attendant, and you can battle/trade.

Nerfing?

I thought that Venipede and Sewaddle were much better than the older ones.

Oh, wait, you meant it the other way.

Nah, Venomoth, Butterfree, and a certain Gen III Bug are still great, among others.

Do you care about Surskit's evo at all? Never seen you mention it. :p

And yes, Venipede is fantastic.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Do you care about Surskit's evo at all? Never seen you mention it. :p

And yes, Venipede is fantastic.

dirkac is a huge Surskit fan! I think only me and him are the only huge Surskit/Masquerain fan here.

Shraeder

It's Lit
If you guys had to say your favorite and least favorite of the new Pokémon revealed, what would they be?

Fav: Gourgeist

Least: Slurpuff

Fav: Noivern/Greninja(really warmed up to it), with Heliolisk at a close second

Least: PumpkaBOOOOOOO (see what I did there?)

Guitarist82

I'm a little bit upset about the whole 69 new pokemon thing, Just as i predicted, All because of the temporary mega forms. Now i'm not saying i'm gonna cancel pre-order for that, I'm just saying i'm dissapointed with this gen, And by gen i mean generation of pokemon. The game will obviously be sick...

I suppose it is a bit of a let down, we are used to more...

But when you look at the regional Pokédex, I think it is very well balanced with the older Pokémon. There's a bit of everything for everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.