• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonkrios95

Well u can blame me for thinking of a turtle based team xD

;-; can we stop arguing about that fake picture pwease and get back to DEX DISCUSSINGGGGGGGGGG?????????? GAWSH PEOPLE

Anyway what pokemon do you guys think is left to be seen (OLD pokemon that is)

I think the Dratini line given its use in promo material, as other have been found, i.e. Pikachu, Charizard, Zoroark etc.

Hopefully Feebas/Milotic, hopefully with a type change for Milotic, it should be a fairy.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I think the Dratini line given its use in promo material, as other have been found, i.e. Pikachu, Charizard, Zoroark etc.

Hopefully Feebas/Milotic, hopefully with a type change for Milotic, it should be a fairy.

Milotic should definitely be in Kalos regional dex.

Kodama

Turtles, Tortoises, and Terrapins are ALL in the order Chelonia

So if your going to separate Tortoises from Turtles, Terrapin have JUST as many differences

I'm not sure about this but "A terrapin is a turtle living in fresh or brackish water. Terrapin is an Algonquian word for turtle."

Last Entei

Charizard Master!
Personally, I'm hoping for a red pattern and a yellow pattern.

On a semi-related note, how do you guys pronounce Vivillon's name? To me, it reads as "VIV-ee-yon," what with the double L and all.
Yeah yellow would suit him a lot...Em I just pronounce it Viv-illi-on

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
On the subject of only ~70 new Pokemon - frankly, I'm fine with it, in principle. There are so many Pokemon anyway (both in general and in the Regional Kalos Pokedexes) that I'm not fretting over a <100 new 'mon count. The issue for me is that I just don't enjoy a lot of the designs as much as I did the last few generations. I loved Gen IV and V, even though each had a fair share of designs I didn't like.

I guess it's that so few designs really stand out to me this time. None of the starters really stand out to me (though I'll be picking Chespin anyhow), and the only designs that seriously wow me are the Honedge, Clauncer and Skrelp lines (also Hawlucha). I guess that's a little disappointing, because every generation has given me more all-time favorites, but I think the Honedge line is the only one I love that much this time around.

AshenWolf

The Winter Wolf~
sorry for asking, anyone have pic of blue vivillon? i want to make sure if it exactly as what i thought the pattern would be

Heartlessangel17

Dark Trainer

This just occurred to me. Milotic is a wall. A good walls, yet is in UU (Correct me if I am wrong). If it is re-typed as Water/Fairy (Which it should) It will gain an immunity. Would that be enough to push it up to OU?

PsychoIncarnate

I'm not sure about this but "A terrapin is a turtle living in fresh or brackish water. Terrapin is an Algonquian word for turtle."

Turtles have adapted to an aquatic life and are streamlined for swimming with webbed feet, or in the case of sea turtles, long flippers.

Tortoises, on the other hand, are almost exclusively land-dwelling animals, usually with stubby feet, and aren’t good swimmers.

Lastly, the term “terrapins” is sometimes used for turtles that are semi-aquatic and live near brackish waters or swampy regions. They’re sort of like a mix between a turtle and tortoise, as they spend most of their time divided between water and land.

But I don't think it matters much anyway since they are all in the same order generally just referred to as turtles

AshenWolf

The Winter Wolf~
oh it's name polar pattern. i guess i'll use him in my team. thanks you

oh yeah, before i forget, any known location for Polar Pattern? or however the way to get the patterns

finally, this went through. this forum hates me.

Zeeg44

Everyone who's is upset about the amount of new Pokemon should just relax. So what if there isn't enough of a certain type so that you can use just the new Pokemon of the region I personally think that's the charm of the kilos region. This is the first time we have had a region with this many Pokemon both old and new right from the start. I for one am excited to make a team of awesome Pokemon from various gens and I mean the new Pokemon are pretty cool with a few exceptions but seriously I really like the kalos dex thus far.

storm12

Weather Bearer
I think that people complaining over the lack of new pokemon, have to, inherently take issue with the notion of Mega Evolution- because it is essentially the presence of Mega evos that has restricted the dex, as people have said- they require something close to the development of a new pokemon- so for good or ill, Mega Evolution seems like a way of them adding something 'fresh' without having an overly bloated dex, as technically, technically, they are not seperate pokemon, but they are 'new'- this is what I think was part of there reasoning for Mega evolution, to kind of place a bit of a halt on the 100+ pokemon each gen, which, a couple down the line, would, mean over a 1000 pokemon which could become something difficult to maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.