• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartlessangel17

Dark Trainer

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Still nothing on Greninja's Dark-type moves and Chesnaught's Fighting moves. I want to know if they get anything new and interesting. Nasty Plot for Greninja, please!

Sephora

yes I'm back
I know Fairy Aura boosts Fairy ATTACKS, but I think it's widely accepted it doesn't boost status-boosting moves of that element.
But if it did, that would be crazy-overpowered and Xerneas would catapult to broken stardom. Something of that magnitude would maximize its bests stats in a single turn (or two), so I doubt GF went that far.

No I meant that Xerneas coud use Geomancy to boost it's stats, and THEN use a fairy type move which would be boosted thanks to Fairy Aura. That would still be insanely powerful.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller

Well, that explains those strangely-intricate antlers of his at least. Yveltal's Dex entry was much more interesting, though.

Still nothing on Greninja's Dark-type moves and Chesnaught's Fighting moves. I want to know if they get anything new and interesting. Nasty Plot for Greninja, please!

Well, Infernape got it (though you'd have to pull a few strings to get to it), so why not lend the move to Froakie's line too? Good thing I plan on using him first.

Bluemage21

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
The point still stands that fairy doesn't affect Metagross. The only idiot I see here is you.

Psychic/steel will take half damage from fairy types

Psychic = 1*
Steel = 0.5*

Bluemage21

I'm definitely not an expert but this seems kinda "meh" next to Yveltal's Oblivion Wing.

Power herb hold item....

It is Quiver dance x2 already has good overall stats, and gets boltbeam combo. yeah, Xerneas is AWESOME.

Tytus

Iron Islander
The point still stands that fairy doesn't affect Metagross. The only idiot I see here is you.

You mean "Fairy isn't super-effective against Metagross like it is against all the other Pseudos," right? Because it does affect Steel/Psychic.

If Fairy is flying around because of the hype or whatever, Metagross does enjoy the resist. But gaining the Dark and Ghost weaknesses is still not fun.

Actually, Double team is banned because it makes the game even MORE luck based then it already is, which is not very conducive to a Competitive environment. Also, the Double Team ban is more of a Courtesy used by a lot of players, many who ignore smogon still follow it.

I do agree on the drizzle/swift swim part though, it is stupid and seems there just so their precious Sand teams are kept the most powerful. They also are a bit hypocritical with their Ban list, banning some pokemon deemed powerful but ignoring the ones used on nearly every team and who shape the meta game. Still they are the only source outside of the official one to try and help with the games balance, even if they are not always very good at it, you have to give them that at least.

Anyway, YAY, Xerneas's stats are revealed, now for someone to figure out what its base stats are :)

They are very good at what they do. Smogon bans anything that makes the metagame game all about that one thing. Rain + Swift Swim is banned due to the fact that going first, even with only mediocre stats, means that you will have an advantage 70% of the time. However, it is more about the fact that, not only does Rain give a boost to swift swimmers, but it also makes their WATER-type attacks hit like tidal waves; in short, it covers most of the weaknesses of the swimmers without presenting enough of a drawback.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Well I haven't seen it, and I have to say, that is very interesting. Can shares Eternal life and slept for a thousand years in the form of a tree? I like him more now. Got Yvyltal's dex entry?

I don't have a picture on hand, but Yveltal's Pokédex entry says:

When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
No I meant that Xerneas coud use Geomancy to boost it's stats, and THEN use a fairy type move which would be boosted thanks to Fairy Aura. That would still be insanely powerful.

Ah. Now I feel a bit ignorant...ehehe.

That does make Xerneas the Fairy Version of Kyogre now, doesn't it? Our stag of life just seems to outclass Yveltal as the days go by. I figured it would go this way the moment I saw his appearance back in January.

I'm definitely not an expert but this seems kinda "meh" next to Yveltal's Oblivion Wing.

Seconded.
Any charge move is just asking for trouble if used in a real competitive environment...that is partially why I hope Xerneas learns an extra signature move at level 100, like the Tao Trio did.

Ver-mont

I don't have a picture on hand, but Yveltal's Pokédex entry says:

They're basically two selfish jerks.

Xerneas can share its eternal life, but lets everyone die and takes a thousand-year nap like it just doesn't care.
Yveltal doesn't want to die, so instead it kills everything around it in order to steal their life force and remain immortal.

I love these bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.