• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeAJ

I wonder if all these Vivillon variations are kinda GF's way of making up for the fact that it's the only new bug line this gen.

Latias-in-Disguise

Keep it secret?
Wow, those Vivillion forms are stunning! I live in New Mexico, so here's to hoping I get the Sun form!

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
We are most likely getting the same one as Norway, Tundra. Sweden and Norway are geographically similar, and connected, so we are most likely getting Tundra.

Ah, shame, not a giant fan of the Tundra one. ._. Oh well, wasn't gonna use Vivillon anyways. :D

Persian22

I really dislike soccer/football really much.

BUt still I love to see the Netherlands get an Orange Vivillion! That would look beautiful!

Persian22

Just noticed this, no eelectross in kalos?

The Vain unfezant is forgotten also instead they use the bland Pidgey family...

Really al the cool pokemon from older games are wasted and forgotten, i'm so happy at least Grumpig made it...

No Shiftry, no Ninetales, No Persian...

Tenilius

Really al the cool pokemon from older games are wasted and forgotten, i'm so happy at least Grumpig made it...

There's ~450 spaces in the Kalos 'dexes, some lines have to be left out, you'll be able to use them post-game anyway either in game or when Bank/Transporter launches.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Btw, Audino has been found, right? Do we know if it's part Fairy yet?

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
hmmm what will Vivillion's shiny form look like XD mind f*ck XD

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
hmmm what will Vivillion's shiny form look like XD mind f*ck XD

Since it's body is the same, I'm sure just it's body will change color. ^^

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
yes right ^^

btw i think customizing will be very expensive. the first clothing store (before the first gym) has hats for more than 3100P.
sorry a bit off topic.

Underachiever007

Eh, it's a matter of taste. Of the Pokemon left out, there's only a handful I'd ever consider "cool". Unfezant, for example, is a Pokemon I'm happy to see excluded, if its exclusion ensured the inclusion of better-designed birds like Pidgey and Staraptor. I agree with you about Shiftry though. It's been a long time since that thing's been in a regional dex. It deserves a comeback.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Eh, it's a matter of taste. Of the Pokemon left out, there's only a handful I'd ever consider "cool". Unfezant, for example, is a Pokemon I'm happy to see excluded, if its exclusion ensured the inclusion of better-designed birds like Pidgey and Staraptor. I agree with you about Shiftry though. It's been a long time since that thing's been in a regional dex. It deserves a comeback.

It deeply amuses me that Ludicolo is more respected than its version counterpart.

I wouldn't bet on it being on the Kalos Dex though, as Dratini-line, Clamperl-line, Aron-line and Tympole-lines are all very likely to fill the remaining spots as two of them have their members as statues, one of them has a Mega Evolution and the final one has appeared in every single pre-release media ever since the first trailer(which would mean GG Duskull yet again).

Edit:
I thought whipped dream for swirlix, but then I wondered if I wasn't a switch around with aromatisse having a puffy skirt, and slurpuff gaining femininity

also, in X I have only found female Litleo so far despite looking for ages. Could it be gender exclusive? or just a really low percentage of males
For the first part, I doubt they would do a switcheroo when their items are so obvious. For the latter, both cases are likely, but you might need to verify it manually.
Btw, Audino has been found, right? Do we know if it's part Fairy yet?
I don't know if anybody actually caught it, the new rustling grass mechanics are rather odd.

Last edited:

Underachiever007

It deeply amuses me that Ludicolo is more respected than its version counterpart.

I wouldn't bet on it being on the Kalos Dex though, as Dratini-line, Clamperl-line, Aron-line and Tympole-lines are all very likely to fill the remaining spots as two of them have their members as statues, one of them has a Mega Evolution and the final one has appeared in every single pre-release media ever since the first trailer(which would mean GG Duskull yet again).

It's always a little weird when they put one version-exclusive counterpart in, but leave the other out. Last time I checked (which was, admittedly, a while ago) Honchkrow was in the dex but Maismagius wasn't.

Do we have much data on Hawlucha's moves yet? I want to know whether it learns Fly and HJK. Both seem like obvious additions to its movepool to me, but you never know with Gamefreak.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Do we have much data on Hawlucha's moves yet? I want to know whether it learns Fly and HJK. Both seem like obvious additions to its movepool to me, but you never know with Gamefreak.

Smogon has them, but they didn't include Fly, which it gets. As far as I know, it doesn't get Hi Jump Kick(as it's Japanese name is "Jumping Knee Kick" and birds' knees don't allow for something like that).

Edit: Sauce thread and sauce pic.

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
^ Which is odd, cuz' Hawlucha does have knees. XD

If Vivillon gets one for every US state..what happens when you catch one on a state boarder..

I don't have the game, and there may very well be a Vivillon for every state of America, but I'm inclined to say that there will not be. I know America is highly diverse and I'm sure there will be certain Vivillons to represent a cluster of the 50 states. However, personally, I think it would be unfair and ridiculous for GameFreak to single out one country, considering that there are around 200 countries in the world, and personalise one Pokemon to all of one country's states. I live in Australia, and whilst we have less states than America, I would not expect them to detail Vivillon to the characteristics to each of our country's states.

Status
Not open for further replies.