• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
I don't have the game, and there may very well be a Vivillon for every state of America, but I'm inclined to say that there will not be. I know America is highly diverse and I'm sure there will be certain Vivillons to represent a cluster of the 50 states. However, personally, I think it would be unfair and ridiculous for GameFreak to single out one country, considering that there are around 200 countries in the world, and personalise one Pokemon to all of one country's states. I live in Australia, and whilst we have less states than America, I would not expect them to detail Vivillon to the characteristics to each of our country's states.

I don't think the United States will get 50 different Vivillion forms. Especially since this game region is based off France. Plus that would be A LOT of forms. Imo, I don't think Vivillion will get but about 20-30 different forms, if that many. I could be wrong though. (Especially when you look at how many color variations Spinda has.) We will find out on Saturday.

I apologize for my laziness, but what do we know about version exclusives now?

The same. We know the generation 6 exclusives and Mewtwo X/Y and Charizard X/Y.

I have a question. I'm from a different country. However, I'm using UK eShop and my 3DS XL was bought in UK. Plus, my region is set to UK. Does that mean, I'm getting a UK version of Vivillon even though I'm not from UK?

We really don't know for sure how different people are getting different Vivillion forms. If the current theory is correct, then I would assume that you would get the UK Vivillion form. But like I said we really don't know for sure. We will find out soon though.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Does anybody know how early in the game you can obtain Sylveon, Skrelp, Skiddo and the fossil pokemon ?

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
Does anybody know how early in the game you can obtain Sylveon, Skrelp, Skiddo and the fossil pokemon ?

Sylveon is max Amie, so I guess it takes a few hours? I'm not sure.
The fossil Pokémon are obtained right before or right after defeating the second gym leader.
And I'm not sure about the other two. I heard you get a Fishing Rod early, but I'm not sure if that's true, and I'm not sure if Skrelp can be caught via Rod.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Sylveon is max Amie, so I guess it takes a few hours? I'm not sure.
The fossil Pokémon are obtained right before or right after defeating the second gym leader.
And I'm not sure about the other two. I heard you get a Fishing Rod early, but I'm not sure if that's true, and I'm not sure if Skrelp can be caught via Rod.

Oh I see, thanks! I heard Eevee can be obtained in the wild, do you know in which town?

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
Oh I see, thanks! I heard Eevee can be obtained in the wild, do you know in which town?

I haven't heard which town because I am trying to keep away from spoilers (except for the Dex spoilers lol).

The first page says Eevee is caught in the Coastal area, so I'm thinking you can catch it pretty early. I would say at least before the 5th or 6th gym. I'm just guessing though, so don't quote me on that :)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
If Vivillon gets one for every US state..what happens when you catch one on a state boarder..

As far as I know, it depends on where your 3DS's region is, not where your 3DS physically is.

So basically if we wanted a Marine Pattern all we would have to do is change the region to Spain?
Well, I can seemingly only change my region into some other European country: there's no option for Japan or the US. It's probably because of the region lock stuff. So I wouldn't be able to get all the patterns that way at least.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Do we have any confirmation that Lapras is obtainable early in game?

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader

Thankfully yes. Since Lapras is my favorite Pokémon I was very glad to hear that a NPC character gives you a Lapras. If I'm not mistaken, you receive it after the third gym :)

ArtImitatingLife

I think it was confirmed to be given to you after the second gym?
EDIT: It's third, never mind.

Yes that is true. The important thing is from where you bought your 3DS.

But not everybody in American, here...

North America was just an example, since I assumed Canada, the US, Austrailia and the UK would be the most common countries on an english speaking forum, and since they're not from the UK.

Last edited:

Hasty

Moonside
Well, I can seemingly only change my region into some other European country: there's no option for Japan or the US. It's probably because of the region lock stuff. So I wouldn't be able to get all the patterns that way at least.

I think you can't get more than 1 pattern without trading...
There are Events for different European countries etc. (from which you can't access all, only 1 from where your 3DS "is from").... as far as I know...
You can play every game from an European country on your European 3DS but they are still region-locked in regard of Events etc.
Correct me if I'm wrong. :D

North America was just an example, since I assumed Canada, the US, Austrailia and the UK would be the most common countries on an english speaking forum, and since they're not from the UK.
Yeah, OK. :p

Last edited:

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Oh and the Gen 1 starter? How early in the game you obtain them?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Status
Not open for further replies.