• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dhjona's Sprites/Fakes

Dhjona

fakedex.png

here is my fakedex so far.

None of these sprites may be used without permission, may not be modified without permission, or used in any fake "rom hacks", etc.

rates?

Last edited:

Zeb

Yami Ryu

WHAY MINDLESS PRAISE IT REALLY HELPS PEOPLE.

Really I mean it really tells someone how to get better when they really need it? BELIEVE IT!

The Sypha line; I never liked it in the contest and I still don't like it. It looks to much like Magikarp-Dragonair-Gyarados, there's little originality in it. ESPECIALLY with the colors you chose and how much they look like a Gyarados. There doesn't seem to be any originality with the line. There's also the fact the tail sames the exact same thickness for like 1/3rd the body length, and even when it gets to the orb it doesn't slim down. It doesn't seem to be angled right; more like it wouldn't fit anymore that way so you bent it at a seemingly harsh angle. The body twist and the fin on the underbelly also make it seem like it's twisted and turned awkwardly.

For the Dragonice it's clear you used Charizard and another pokemon, with some scratching to get it; the scratching you did is rough and hard. I am going to put it off as these are the first sprites and the gyara clones are newer.

The body changes depth and width and it should not do that; it thickens and thins out when it shouldn't. Look at a snake. Does a snake go from wide to thin to wide; 'tall' to 'short' to 'tall'? No. It's a tube, depending on the species it's a fat tube, or a thin tube, or it starts out thin, goes thick and goes thin again. The lack of black outlines also hurt this sprite; the overzealous attempts to make its scales and spines look like ice also came off poorly. Try using Regice/Snorunt's fem evolution for examples. And work on shading on it.

Volcanix just looks wrong; from the random lol!canon coming from the belly that made me think of something else entirely, to the fact it looks like it's bleeding. Everywhere. Making me think something else entirely. And it's blatantly obvious what pokemon you slaughtered to make it; going so far as to destroy the shading and then poorly make your own, giving it MLSS aka multi light source syndrome. Pick a light source and try to stick to it.

The Ferrex, oh god just two colors to shade it? And where's the outline, where's the body, I'm sorry but it just looks like a blob with decorations of arms, legs and tail and a head. It needs SERIOUS reworking, reshading, and probably SCRATCHING instead of trying to take parts from other pokemon.

Overall these are meh-ish. From Scogon to Peahawk. While they aren't the worst I've seen, they're barely any better. You need to continue practicing on scratching and editing more; reshading and recoloring. Because taking parts from other pokemon to make your own can only take you so far- mean hell there's nothing saying you can't revamp a sprite you did a long *** time ago.

doomupeditz.png

It was edited from a Growlithe. When I last left it; it had no claws. No eyes, it was overshaded, over fluffy and it was generally just a horror. And now look at it :/ and it's the same sprite- just edited and edited again.

Snorky the Snorlax

Insect swarmer
Good

um... Yami Ryu was there maybe SOMETHING good in it?

I love Scogon, I agree Syphonia's chain resembles a dragonite mixed with a milotic and Ferrex is just an abomination...

I could see Dragonice working as a good single form pokemon just with a better name and for Spiriteon I have to say I like it but the name could be changed, I know it's hard to get a good ghost "eon" in there but try something like, "Shadeon".

Afrontree looks like it would be an evolved Suddowoodo. Bunneggi looks like a drugged Bunneary. Panthigris is beautiful, I can look at that one and say "Very nice". Volcanix looks like a Politoed/Aggron/Magmortar fusion gone wrong. And finally the Peakid family... I like them... They could be like the normal/flying of a new season...

And thats all I have to say... Some are bad, some are good, keep it up

Dhjona

Well, i'm back and ready to sprite some fakemon. ^^

first step. answer the replies.

WHAY MINDLESS PRAISE IT REALLY HELPS PEOPLE.

Really I mean it really tells someone how to get better when they really need it? BELIEVE IT!

The Sypha line; I never liked it in the contest and I still don't like it. It looks to much like Magikarp-Dragonair-Gyarados, there's little originality in it. ESPECIALLY with the colors you chose and how much they look like a Gyarados. There doesn't seem to be any originality with the line. There's also the fact the tail sames the exact same thickness for like 1/3rd the body length, and even when it gets to the orb it doesn't slim down. It doesn't seem to be angled right; more like it wouldn't fit anymore that way so you bent it at a seemingly harsh angle. The body twist and the fin on the underbelly also make it seem like it's twisted and turned awkwardly.
hmm.. later, when my fakedex is totally finished, i'm gonna revamp them (not all, but i think the ones who had the most critism or just the ones who i think they need a change).

For the Dragonice it's clear you used Charizard and another pokemon, with some scratching to get it; the scratching you did is rough and hard. I am going to put it off as these are the first sprites and the gyara clones are newer.
i only used charizard mouth and nose, the rest is full scratch. but it do was one of my first scratched sprites (my 2nd). ;)

The body changes depth and width and it should not do that; it thickens and thins out when it shouldn't. Look at a snake. Does a snake go from wide to thin to wide; 'tall' to 'short' to 'tall'? No. It's a tube, depending on the species it's a fat tube, or a thin tube, or it starts out thin, goes thick and goes thin again. The lack of black outlines also hurt this sprite; the overzealous attempts to make its scales and spines look like ice also came off poorly. Try using Regice/Snorunt's fem evolution for examples. And work on shading on it.
your right, i will change it when my fakedex is full. ;)

Volcanix just looks wrong; from the random lol!canon coming from the belly that made me think of something else entirely, to the fact it looks like it's bleeding. Everywhere. Making me think something else entirely. And it's blatantly obvious what pokemon you slaughtered to make it; going so far as to destroy the shading and then poorly make your own, giving it MLSS aka multi light source syndrome. Pick a light source and try to stick to it.
that's not blood, it's supposed to be lava. xD and once again, i will change it.

The Ferrex, oh god just two colors to shade it? And where's the outline, where's the body, I'm sorry but it just looks like a blob with decorations of arms, legs and tail and a head. It needs SERIOUS reworking, reshading, and probably SCRATCHING instead of trying to take parts from other pokemon.
this one is 95% scratched, only the mouth is from Aggron! i do have a 100% scratched Ferrex, but liked this one more. i can show you if you want.

Overall these are meh-ish. From Scogon to Peahawk. While they aren't the worst I've seen, they're barely any better. You need to continue practicing on scratching and editing more; reshading and recoloring. Because taking parts from other pokemon to make your own can only take you so far- mean hell there's nothing saying you can't revamp a sprite you did a long *** time ago.

doomupeditz.png

It was edited from a Growlithe. When I last left it; it had no claws. No eyes, it was overshaded, over fluffy and it was generally just a horror. And now look at it :/ and it's the same sprite- just edited and edited again.

look at the bolt above.

um... Yami Ryu was there maybe SOMETHING good in it?

I love Scogon, I agree Syphonia's chain resembles a dragonite mixed with a milotic and Ferrex is just an abomination...
Syphonia isn't mixed, it's full scratched.

I could see Dragonice working as a good single form pokemon just with a better name and for Spiriteon I have to say I like it but the name could be changed, I know it's hard to get a good ghost "eon" in there but try something like, "Shadeon".
the name of Dragonice still have to be changed, but don't know one, butt Spiriteon is changed in Emfeon. :D does someone know a better name for dragonice.

Afrontree looks like it would be an evolved Suddowoodo. Bunneggi looks like a drugged Bunneary. Panthigris is beautiful, I can look at that one and say "Very nice". Volcanix looks like a Politoed/Aggron/Magmortar fusion gone wrong. And finally the Peakid family... I like them... They could be like the normal/flying of a new season...
It is an evolved Suddowoodo. ^^

And thats all I have to say... Some are bad, some are good, keep it up

step 2, post a fakemon.
it's one i made for a contest, where you had to retype a pokemon into Halloween style.
halloween.png

i still have to warm up from the long stop, but will as soon as possible post a new sprite.

ratez?

Yami Ryu

I don't think you really get it. It seems you don't really care about the fact that I actually thought your supposed scratch Ferix was a fusion, a bad one, of Rampardos and Aggron. You also seem to overlook when I say you need to practice shading and scratching. You seem to think this means to just go back and fix up the worst of the worse sprites.

No, it does not.

It means, practice scratching now.

But if you're only going to wait until after the fakedex to even start to bother to try and hone your skills, and you're not even really reading what I'm saying- and that larvitar thing really proves it, I'm not going to really bother attempting to help you as it is pretty evident what kind of reviews you really are garnering for, if you blow off the only real crit you've received for these sprites with Oh I will start doing that, but later. Once everything is you know, finished..

Toge Tamer

<- First Radar Shiny
I don't think you really get it. It seems you don't really care about the fact that I actually thought your supposed scratch Ferix was a fusion, a bad one, of Rampardos and Aggron. You also seem to overlook when I say you need to practice shading and scratching. You seem to think this means to just go back and fix up the worst of the worse sprites.

No, it does not.

But if you're only going to wait until after the fakedex to even start to bother to try and hone your skills, and you're not even really reading what I'm saying- and that larvitar thing really proves it, I'm not going to really bother attempting to help you as it is pretty evident what kind of reviews you really are garnering for, if you blow off the only real crit you've received for these sprites with Oh I will start doing that, but later. Once everything is you know, finished..

Maybe he doesn't want to do it right now? I'm sure he realises the crit you're giving him, but maybe he'll get to it later? He could quite easily take from your crit to make a new, better scratch. And you point out that Larvitar as if to say he hasn't listened to you at all, but maybe he just doesn't get it? Spriting can be hard at first, just need to have some time and patience. I see potential, especially with Panthigris.

Dhjona

I do get it, and i'm happy with your critism. But i don't want, just like Toge Tamer said, to change it right now. Later, I promise, i will do it. But not now. First i want to practise more, in scratching and shading, and then when i'm ready, i will change it. So i will not wait until the fakedex is completed, but when i'm ready for it.

No, it does not.

But if you're only going to wait until after the fakedex to even start to bother to try and hone your skills, and you're not even really reading what I'm saying- and that larvitar thing really proves it, I'm not going to really bother attempting to help you as it is pretty evident what kind of reviews you really are garnering for, if you blow off the only real crit you've received for these sprites with Oh I will start doing that, but later. Once everything is you know, finished..'
It wasn't smart for me to post the larvitar. It was an old sprite of me, but i wanted that you got something to rate or see. But now i see, that was a mistake.
And i don't blow up your crit, i totally understand your critism and your right.
I want to ask you if you still want to rate my sprites, because it's very important for me. Then i can see, if i make progress or not. And if you have critic, i will change it right away.

In conclusion: Do you see potention in my work or not? because you said ''the worst of the worse sprites''

see the bold above.

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

see the bold above.

You know I really hate it when people seem unable or incapable of breaking up a quote tag. It's not that hard to do. It's really easy and simple. And it shows you really read something instead of just using bold to instant reply to something and show no you did not read at all.

It's so nice.

While they aren't the worst I've seen, they're barely any better.

I said your sprites are bad. Not that they're the worst of the worst. So don't even try to put words in my mouth. Or my posts.

I do get it, and i'm happy with your critism. But i don't want, just like Toge Tamer said, to change it right now. Later, I promise, i will do it. But not now. First i want to practise more, in scratching and shading, and then when i'm ready, i will change it. So i will not wait until the fakedex is completed, but when i'm ready for it.

And again you didn't really read what I wrote. I said you're not even practicing now. You're not even attempting now. You're not even trying to improve now for each sprite you do- you just gave a wave hands answer of I'll do it after I'm done, not now.

Then what's the point of posting? What's the point of asking for a 'rating'? If you just want praise now and sprite crit to take in later, there are other places. Or hell you could even have it in your first post. Crit is accepted but is ignored until a later date.

I am not saying go back and edit the sprites. I am saying, START PRACTICING FOR FUTURE SPRITES.

It wasn't smart for me to post the larvitar. It was an old sprite of me, but i wanted that you got something to rate or see. But now i see, that was a mistake.
And i don't blow up your crit, i totally understand your critism and your right.

The 'oh it's old' excuse has been used to death. Everyone has used it, it really is no excuse in the end- and yes you pretty much did.

hmm.. later, when my fakedex is totally finished, i'm gonna revamp them (not all, but i think the ones who had the most critism or just the ones who i think they need a change).

You completely ignored at all, saying if you would take the crit and start scratching/editing more and practicing on shading.

Toge Tamer

<- First Radar Shiny
I am not saying go back and edit the sprites. I am saying, START PRACTICING FOR FUTURE SPRITES.

The best way to practice is by doing, no? He said he's working on new sprites, so I think that is classified as practising.

Give the guy a break. :<

EDIT: Regarding the rather harsh VM you sent me, I'd just like you to know that my comments aren't out of malice. I'm sorry if I have offended you, Yami, and I'm sorry about what happened in my thread.

Last edited:

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
I gotta agree with Yami on this one. Under no circumstances should your own original fakemon contain any part of another existing Pokemon. I can tell that a few of your sprites were scratched completely, but it's very obvious where you used bits and pieces of other sprites.

Syphonia seems fairly well put together, but it's obviously heavily based on Gyarados and/or Milotic. If it wasn't half flying type, I would be a little more lenient, but that's kind of Gyarados' thing.

Your Buneggi looks away too stylized and cartoony, even for a Pokemon. It's not a bad sprite, but that's just how I feel.

On Afrontree, I would avoid copying and pasting it's bushes. I don't like that they're exactly the same.

Maybe I'm just being picky. Your sprites aren't bad for just starting, but I'd definitely work on it before I actually uploaded anything.

Dhjona

I gotta agree with Yami on this one. Under no circumstances should your own original fakemon contain any part of another existing Pokemon. I can tell that a few of your sprites were scratched completely, but it's very obvious where you used bits and pieces of other sprites.
i won't use other parts of existing pokemon anymore.

Syphonia seems fairly well put together, but it's obviously heavily based on Gyarados and/or Milotic. If it wasn't half flying type, I would be a little more lenient, but that's kind of Gyarados' thing.
Yeah, but the fact is, that is was a request on another forum. i had to make a flying/water fakemon.

Your Buneggi looks away too stylized and cartoony, even for a Pokemon. It's not a bad sprite, but that's just how I feel.[/QOUTE]
Your not the only one who said that.

On Afrontree, I would avoid copying and pasting it's bushes. I don't like that they're exactly the same.
your right. i was a little lazy at the end. ^^

scorgon is a copy of that neopet....and the name dragonice, I know those are the types... but really?
And i know the name is bad, but i didn't know a better name. And i all ready asked if someone new a better name. ^^

Does someone know a better name for Dragonice?

It's so nice.

While they aren't the worst I've seen, they're barely any better.

I said your sprites are bad. Not that they're the worst of the worst. So don't even try to put words in my mouth. Or my posts.

You seem to think this means to just go back and fix up the worst of the worse sprites.

And again you didn't really read what I wrote. I said you're not even practicing now. You're not even attempting now. You're not even trying to improve now for each sprite you do- you just gave a wave hands answer of I'll do it after I'm done, not now.

Then what's the point of posting? What's the point of asking for a 'rating'? If you just want praise now and sprite crit to take in later, there are other places. Or hell you could even have it in your first post. Crit is accepted but is ignored until a later date.

You completely ignored at all, saying if you would take the crit and start scratching/editing more and practicing on shading.
So if i understand it right, you say, don't make new sprites (for the dex) but start practising with scratching in shading (so make revamps, and reposes)?

that's why i made a repose of pidgeot.
pidgeot.png

Crossel

Path to power.
Well if he wants to make a fakedex, I think he can decide what to use and what not to use.
I agree, you should not create a fakedex if you cant completly scratch a sprite by yourself.
Seeing as many sprites in the dex have fused pokemon in it.
It flips the project of.

On the other hand, some are completly scratched and have a unique design.
I know that fusions revamps devamps reposes etc will help you learn abit more about scratching.

There are other ways though, you can use a refference to scratch a sprite.
You can make a drawing and scan it on your computer and then sprite the drawing into a sprite.
I personnaly do not do it like that, But many spriters use that to improve alot ( example wichu)
If you want to learn scratching: just do it, and listen to the crits people give you and try to improve by using that.

Edit: your repose. is it scratch? i dont know for sure.
But i think it is, and it looks okay, it has some flaws though, the left wing ( our right)
is completly shadeles how come ?
Again a refference can help you with that, just google and type a bird or whatever, and check out its anotomy.
The pose is okay, but learn abit more about the shading, check tuts or other people there sprites.
I've seen worse so dont worry ^^

Last edited:

Dhjona

There are other ways though, you can use a refference to scratch a sprite.
You can make a drawing and scan it on your computer and then sprite the drawing into a sprite.
I personnaly do not do it like that, But many spriters use that to improve alot ( example wichu)
If you want to learn scratching: just do it, and listen to the crits people give you and try to improve by using that.
I will do that.

Edit: your repose. is it scratch? i dont know for sure.
it is a full scratch.

But i think it is, and it looks okay, it has some flaws though, the left wing ( our right)
is completly shadeles how come ?
Again a refference can help you with that, just google and type a bird or whatever, and check out its anotomy.
The pose is okay, but learn abit more about the shading, check tuts or other people there sprites.
well actually, the shading is based on other original pokémon sprites, as Fearow, Swellow and Pidgeot himself. so why the left wing isn't shaded is because Swellow has his wing shaded that way. ;)

more rates?