• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diabolical Ninjask?

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
Okay, after doing some research, I may have finally thought of a (somewhat) decent OU team.

I'm still not 100% sure of it, so please don't be too harsh.

Changes will be in BOLD.

The "Diabolical"

291a.png

Ask a' Me (Ninjask) (Male) @ Salac Berry
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp. Atk)
Ability: Speed Boost
248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Sp. Def
Substitute
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Protect

The diabolical little thing I came up with the other day. He is meant to use Substitute, and in the mean time, use Swords Dance. After a few Swords Dances and some additional Speed Boosts, he can Baton Pass on to either Gallade or Gliscor, basically making one of them into a demon.

My Sword Armed Friend

475xat.png

Colin (Gallade*) (Male) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Ability: Steadfast
252 HP / 88 Atk / 64 Sp. Def / 104 Spd
Psycho Cut
Brick Break
Ice Punch
Shadow Sneak

He is meant to be Baton Passed to. With the increased Speed and Attack from Ninjask, he can become quite the demon. I gave him Brick Break instead of Close Combat because I would rather not lower his Defenses. Ice Punch is to help counter the likes of Salamence, Gliscor, and flying and dragon types in general.

Tacky Blue and Yellow Bat

472eq.png

Xigbar (Gliscor*) (Male) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def) (Shiny, nature stays despite not being great, sorry)
Ability: Hyper Cutter
252 Atk / 216 Spd / 40 HP
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Swords Dance
Roost

The Physical sweeper and Lucario counter. He can also be Baton Passed onto by Ninjask, but does not need to all the time. Pretty much just a typical Gliscor sweeper.

Virtual Duck in a Scarf

4742.png

I AM ERROR (Porygon-Z*) @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
Ability: Download
252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Ice Beam
Tri Attack
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Fighting)

Special sweeper. Really just a typical Porygon-Z sweeper. Not too sure what else to say about this one...

Defensy Bulky Thing

3952t.png

Vexen (Empoleon) (Male) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature (+Sp. Def, -Atk)
Ability: Torrent
252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Sp. Atk
Ice Beam
Surf
Grass Knot
Stealth Rock

A more defensive type thing, as well as a Swampert counter, thanks to Grass Knot. He is pretty much the same as before, minus Aqua Ring and Quick Claw.

It's a HE, NOT a SHE

282y.png

Fugimoto (Gardevoir) (Male) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
Ability: Trace
252 HP / 24 Sp. Atk / 228 Spd
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Wish
Thunderwave

Well, I need some sort of status and healing support, right? Pretty much just a typical Gardevoir (aside from being male XD).​

Final notes:
- I MAINLY need help with EVs.
- As I said, I am not 100% sure about the team yet.

Last edited:

GoldChocobo

Gotta Love AmbushCat
Ok, from personal use, Ninjask is diabolical, but is easily set up on. Having no attacks on him is not a good idea. So having X-Scissor over Substitute is the better idea, as Ninjasks defenses are extremely low. And with him being 4x weak to Stealth rock, wasting HP isn't the way to go. Also, since he gets speed boosts every turn, a Adamant nature is ideal. Also, since Ninjasks HP is so low, Focus Sash is the best item, which gives you an extra free turn.

Now, since you are passing to Gallade, Leftovers would be the ideal item to have as it lets you get free recovery.

Now with Gliscor if you want more speed go with a Jolly nature, it doesn't lower you defenses, and you have no special attacks anyway. Well thats all I can rate for now, I'll rate more later.

blackemerald

Short and sweet rate.

Despite what people think, Ninjask does not really need speed evs at all. He hits 391 speed with just a jolly nature and 0 speed evs, and gets faster every turn. Since you have no attacking moves on him, try a different spread:

Ninjask (M) @ *stat upping* Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP/236 Def/24 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)

smogon said:
24 Speed EVs allow you to outrun all base 115 Speed Pokemon holding a Choice Scarf after one Speed boost. You can invest more Speed in case you see something faster than that, which is rare to say the least. Being faster than other Timid Scarf Trick users certainly has its merits though. With the given HP and Defense EVs Ninjask can survive almost any priority attack. This spread assures that Ninjask will never be OHKOed by a Jolly Choice Band Weavile's Ice Shard or an Adamant Scizor's Choice Band Bullet Punch, and is almost never 2HKOed by an Adamant Lucario's Life Orb ExtremeSpeed. This means you cannot be punished by priority attacks that normally would be the bane of its existence.

You can protect on the first turn to be faster than damn near everything, take the piority attack and have your berry activate then baton pass to your receiver, most likely Gallade.

Take Focus Sash off Gallade, by the time he comes into play SR will be up 90% of the time, making it useless.

Gliscor doesn't like his defences getting weaker, use Jolly since he doesn't need special attack. 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe is a better spread, lets him outspeed Lucario which you cannot do with your current spread.

If you want to have a status Gardevoir i suggest using this set:

Gardevior @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/ 24 Spa / 228 Spe
-Hypnosis
-WOW
-Thunderbolt
-Calm Mind

This Gardevior works pretty good as a status poke. It uses Hypnosis at turn 1 and Hypnosis or WOW if the opponent decides to swith out. You can also use CM to power up your Thunderbolt. Its also nice if Gardevior traces serene grace from pokemons like Jirachi and Togekiss so TB has 20% chance of paralyzing insead of 10%. The EV spread allows you to outspeed max speed Scizor by 2 points.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
Thanks for everyone's help.

I don't think I'll be making Gliscor's nature perfect, though.