• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
Dialga. Its always been my favourite of the three. Then Giratina and finally Palkia

Dialga, I've always liked how it has four legs (I don't know why I like that) and its blue. I also prefer it for having power over Time as oposed to Palkia and space.
Giratina for being part ghost and being creepy, having a darker design.

Kalosian

So long
Palkia, I like Water more than Steel, Spacial Rend more than Roar of Time, Pearl more than Diamond, space over time, and I think it looks better than the other two as well.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Dialga is the Pokemon I liked the most because Having the power to control time is awesome.Roar of Time is one of my fav attacks

jul835

I Will Pwn U
Giritina FTW! He looks freakin beast and remember how you had to get to him in D/P? Going through all those rooms? Hes the hardest one to get. Hes probably my favorite legendary too.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
In terms of stats and movepool, probably Dialga, but in terms of awesomeness, DEFINITELY Giratina, origin form to be specific.

Jenza1202

Dialga hands sown - I love the fact that he's blue, that he can control time and that he's on four legs - certainly he looks much more original than the other two.

ShadowWraith

Top Cut Misser
Giratina Origin Forme is my favorite in looks and epicness while Palkia is my favorite for battle because it has a good power attack with no recharging or waiting like Shadow Force and Roar of Time. While Dialga is recharging Palkia kills it :D

Crystalmew9

Ultimate Mew Fan
Dialga. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Diamond was one of my first Pokemon games, and I loved Dialga, since he's blue, can control time, and is a major player in PMD2; and I love PMD games.

Though Dialga's my favorite, I still like Giratina as well. You may call me crazy, but I still prefer Giratina in Altered Forme, since I'm more used to him in that form from Diamond.

Though I despise Palkia...he's just wimpy, as proven in Battle Revoulution, when I battled them against one another :D

And also this: You can tell The Pokemon Company favors Dialga, since he's in more movies, and plays bigger parts in games (besides Pearl). And, plus, there's a Darkrai card that my friend has where Roar of Time does 80 damages whereas Spacial Rend only does 10. :D

Though I do give Palkia credit for Spacial Rend, being that he doesn't have to recharge after using it...

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Palkia. If I'm correct, then according to stats, Palkia > Dialga > Giratina. The difference is quite small, but to top it off, it's most powerful and most efficient STAB move is Spacial Rend (not Draco Meteor because sp. attack gets reduced). While it has less power, Shadow Force and Roar of Time take up 2 turns, letting the foe have the advantage of a free attack next turn. Spacial Rend does not, while it has high critical hit rate on top of it. But all of them are still really good.

Yes, I know I'm late by quite a few months and probably someone else already said this, but, according to Bulbapedia, the base stats between the three are all equal. Dialga has more HP and Defense than Palkia, while Palkia has more Special Defense and Speed. And equal Attack and Special Attack. And I'll end it at that.

Anyways, I like Dialga better for several reasons: 1) Steel-Dragon=AWESOME TYPE COMBINATION! 2) Roar of Time is epic and so is the rest of his moveset 3) It helped me own Diamond (No, I haven't go my Pokephinany yet or however it's spelled) and 4) It's just epic.

Also, I do like Dialga as well, but what do you mean he plays a bigger part in games? He has the exact same part as Palkia in Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver, and in Diamond, he just has the same part as Palkia except it obviously features Dialga instead of Palkia. And Dialga only makes an appearance in one more movie than Palkia. Dialga was in Rise of Darkrai, Giratina and the Sky Warrior, and Arceus and the Jewel of Life. Palkia appeared in Rise of Darkrai and Arceus and the Jewel of Life. Also, apparently, both appeared as statues in the credits for Zoroark: Master of Illusions, but I don't know since Cartoon Network made that stupid decision to cut the prologue and credit.

Last edited:

Mister_SGG

Before Origin was revealed, my answer would have been Dialga. I still kinda like him the best, even though I bought Pearl back in 07 instead of Diamond.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
Dialga's completely awesome, it oen't have the Dragon weakness that Palkia has.

Palkia, since I caught it first in Pearl, I like the idea of controling space, and Spatial Rend is more reliable, imo. After that would probably be Giratina, cause being 'reverse' sounds cool and I like its shadowness.

Sprintking

Dialga. Diamond is my kind of version, and I prefer the time concept to the space concept.