• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dialga pencil drawing (and I'm not dead)

This is still very much a work in progress, but I've been working on it since last year. I'm trying to put together a Dialga I liked from a pokemon card and some random clocks, including the Big Ben, which is seriously trying my patience xD

anyway, yeah, I'd love some feedback, I'm not the best at composition and whatnot, so please do share your thoughts and suggestions :3 (you may click on it to go to my page)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This seriously looks like something you'd see in an art gallery. I've always said you have talent, but this is better than I expected. Right away, I love the clocks all around since they fit so perfectly with Dialga. I like the shading on all of them since they stand out pretty well. I think parts of the Dialga are shaded a little too lightly though, compared to other parts. For example, the parts near the spikes on its back look slightly lighter than the rest of the body (maybe I'm just picky?). You get extra points for that realistic-looking diamond on Dialga's chest though, so no worries. The drawing is still great.

Neon-Snorlax702

that, is, ABSOULETLY AWESOME AND WELL, IMENSE! i love it, i especially love the clocks, representing time! =-D

You really can't notice the Dialga, since it's shaded very lightly compared to all those clocks especially since it's supposed to be the figure of emphasis.

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
You really can't notice the Dialga, since it's shaded very lightly compared to all those clocks especially since it's supposed to be the figure of emphasis.

The reason maybe being;

This is still very much a work in progress

I think the composition is good, you have what you want to be the main focus [Dialga] in the middle and the clocks at varying size, angles and perspective around the edge, leading the eyes into the middle again.

I like how you used objects to measure time as a subject reference, but also clocks travelling through time, to different methods of how time was measured, the sun dial, public clock tower, wall clocks, and the different 'languages' of how time is told.

You are a very talented artist =]

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
I LOVE all the different clocks, the Dialga is amazing to just the spikes look to light. I guess that's what the "still a work in progress" means. I also like the random iPhone in the corner xD That is how I tell time now, though. Haha. Good Job!

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
That's a nice Dialga you drew there. Very very nice...

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys :)

The_4th_Kira - The metal parts are shaded a bit lighter on purpose, by not using the darker pencil on them, I can sorta differentiate it better from the flesh and whatnot. Also, as is on the card, I left some spots empty because they will be shining or glowing, or whatever :p and that will show on objects I will draw behind them. I didn't like the diamond on the card so I made my own using a reference, glad you like it :)

Neo Duality - indeed that is one of the issues I am facing, having Dialga be more of the figure of emphasis here. I AM trying to make the clocks sorta drive you to it, also the very last thing I'll draw on this the deep background should help some in the end c:

Northern_Lights - Aha, you sir deserve a cookie for your good observation skills and reading further into the picture :]

Grovyl - haha yeah, a friend told me, hey put a phone in there, and well, one of the most popular phones was the iPhone, and if you look closely, the app that you see on the corner is actually the clock app :3

Since a few of you mentioned the spikes being lighter, I will elaborate on that further; the spikes and the overall strong highlights and contrast on Dialga will hopefully help it stand out a bit more when the background is added, which I am planning to be pretty dark.

Again, thank you all for taking your time to critique and comment :3 Here's a little color doodle I did so your eyes can rest from the monochromaticness xD http://themexicansmeargle.deviantart.com/art/Crossing-Paths-196351919

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
Hello. I was bored and give some thoughts to visit the FAN ART forum. Anyway, love your Pencil Draw here. How about give some thoughts to put it on dA?

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
That is such a beautiful drawing! I envy your drawing skills, lol. And I love the great detail you did on the clocks and that iPhone in the bottom right corner.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
This is AMAZING, especially for using just a pencil! I also like how it's not just Diagla: that the picture has a theme to it.

Awesome job. 10/10

Hello. I was bored and give some thoughts to visit the FAN ART forum. Anyway, love your Pencil Draw here. How about give some thoughts to put it on dA?

It is on DeviantArt

That is such a beautiful drawing! I envy your drawing skills, lol. And I love the great detail you did on the clocks and that iPhone in the bottom right corner.

Just takes patience :) Thank you so much though ^^;

This is AMAZING, especially for using just a pencil! I also like how it's not just Diagla: that the picture has a theme to it.

Awesome job. 10/10

Well it takes a little more than one pencil now, although I find that you don't need much more than two or three kinds of mechanical leads(4H, HB, and 2B) but it made my life a whole lot easier to fill some of the darkest areas with a normal 3B pencil.

I've had some tough times trying to figure out where to go next with this, but I think I'm getting some neat ideas now and hope to continue. Thanks so much for all the support and advice everyone ^u^

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
On dA already huh? Hahaha! I see. Well, keep up the good work then. I'll be visit here often. Look forward to another!

Alliance

Re-Arrival
You, sir, are amazing. I wish I could draw with such beauty and accuracy as you.
The diamond you used in replacement to Dialga's is so life like. I just wanna reach out and grab it.....
I really can't wait for the finished result. I'm sure it will be a work of at, worthy of being hung next to the Mona Lisa.