• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

dialouge option cut out?

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster

And yet, it moves!
did they take out the dialouge change option in the english version of PBR?
i was watching vids on youtube and they all have the same lovey-dovey dialouge.

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
No.

It is still in the game, however:
- Rental Passes have preset phrases unless the player changes them.
- Random WiFi battles [without Friend Codes] do NOT show custom phrases, and use the pre-set ones for that character instead.

If you use FC's, then you will see the custom phrases appear instead.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Also, one more thing to add: If you're playing against someone with a Japanese game (or any future version without this censoring), the other player will be able to see your customized phrases...but the American player will see the default phrases.

NFreak

Insert Title Here
They should really change that. They're overprotective. >_>

Besides, I want mine to be seen. I have AYB, O RLY, and Trogdor references all over them. =P

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I would hardly call it "overprotective." Young children play the game, and Nintendo wouldn't want them to read...well, some of the more "adult" comments people might put on their Passes.

Rakurai

They should've simply had an option to turn the dialogue on or off.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well, young children are exposed to this kind of dialogue in Japan, and I'll bet it'll happen in Europe too. Things censored here in the States that aren't censored elsewhere seems to cause a reverse cathartic reaction...but I'll save that discussion for later.

Kids know more than you think, by the way. Censorship for children is, for the most part, a product of American culture.