• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond and Pearl Filler List?

It's been a long, long time since I've seen DP so I plan on rewatching it after I rewatch XY/XYZ again.

I was wondering then, is this a good DP filler list?

Real filler: Episodes that can be skipped without any problems
Technical filler: Episodes that can optionally be skipped with few problems

--Diamond and Pearl--

Season 10: Diamond and Pearl

Real filler

Dp021 Ya See We Want An Evolution
Dp023 Faced With Steelix Determination
Dp024 Cooking Up A Sweet Story
Dp028 Driftwood On The Wind
Dp039 Steamboat Willies
Dp042 The Electrike Company
Dp043 Malice In Wonderland
Dp048 Ash And Dawn! Facing A New Adventure!

Technical filler

Dp006 Like It Or Lup It
Dp010 Not On My Watch Ya Don't
Dp022 Borrowing On Bad Faith
Dp029 The Champ Twins
Dp044 Mass Hip-Po-Sis
Dp046 A-Maze-Ing Race

Episodes this Season: 52
# Of Real Filler Episodes: 8
# Of Technical Filler Episodes: 6

Percentage of Season:
Real Filler: 15%
Combined: 27%

Season 11: Battle Dimension

Real filler

Dp056 The Keystone Pops
Dp057 Bibarel Gnaws Best
Dp058 Nosing Round The Mountain
Dp059 Luxray Vision
Dp070 The Bells Are Singing
Dp087 The Psyduck Stops Here
Dp094 Doc Brock

Technical filler

Dp062 Tanks For The Memories
Dp065 Sleight Of Sand
Dp071+72 Pokemon Ranger And The Kidnapped Riolu
Dp092 A Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine
Dp098 If The Scarf Fits Wear It

Episodes this Season: 51 (Or 52)
# Of Real Filler Episodes: 7
# Of Technical Filler Episodes: 5 (Or 6)

Percentage of Season:
Real Filler: 14%
Combined: 23% (Or 25%)

Season 12: Galactic Battles

Real filler

Dp105 Get Your Rotom Running
Dp109 Leading A Stray
Dp113 Hold The Phione
Dp115 Stealing The Conversation
Dp116 The Drfting Snorunt
Dp117 Noodles Roamin' Off
Dp120 Mysterious Creatures Pokemon
Dp134 Promoting Healthy Tangrowth
Dp135 Beating The Bustle And Hustle
Dp137 Three Sides To Every Story
Dp142 Where No Togepi Has Gone Before
Dp143 Try For The Family Stone
Dp149 Sticking With Who You Know

Technical filler

Dp125 Battling A Cute Drama
Dp153 The Treasure Is All Mine

Episodes this Season: 53
# Of Real Filler Episodes: 13
# Of Technical Filler Episodes: 2

Percentage of Season:
Real Filler: 25%
Combined: 28%

Season 13: Sinnoh League Victors

Real filler

Dp158 Regaining The Home Advantage
Dp160 A Marathon Rivalry
Dp172 With The Easiest Of Grace
Dp178 For The Love Of Meowth

Technical filler

Dp164 Piplup Up And Away
Dp168 Keeping In Top Forme
Dp181 Bucking The Treasure Trend

Episodes this Season: 34
# Of Real Filler Episodes: 4
# Of Technical Filler Episodes: 3

Percentage of Season:
Real Filler: 12%
Combined: 21%

Diamond and Pearl Summary
Episodes This Arc: 191
# Of Real Filler Episodes: 32
# Of Technical Filler Episodes: 16 (Or 17)

RafaSceptile

I was making a list about Pokémon filler episodes, but I was clasifying just in Filler and Not Filler, this is what I get:

DP010, DP021, DP023, DP024, DP025, DP028, DP030, DP032, DP039, DP042, DP043, DP044, DP046, DP047, DP048, DP056, DP057, DP058, DP059, DP065, DP070, DP082, DP086, DP087, DP089, DP090, DP092, DP094, DP098, DP103, DP105, DP107, DP109, DP112, DP113, DP115, DP116, DP117, DP120, DP121, DP125, DP134, DP135, DP137, DP139, DP140, DP142, DP145, DP148, DP149, DP153, DP158, DP159, DP160, DP164, DP168, DP169, DP172, DP173, DP178, DP171.

That was a total of 61 episodes of 191 (31.94%), but I'm not sure about some of those episodes if should be considered filler or not, especially some episodes involving New Moves without any training arc or something similar.

Also some episodes that you put in your list are not in my list, so I can also reconsider those ones.

Morax

King of heroes
It's been a long, long time since I've seen DP so I plan on rewatching it after I rewatch XY/XYZ again.

I was wondering then, is this a good DP filler list?

Real filler: Episodes that can be skipped without any problems
Technical filler: Episodes that can optionally be skipped with few problems

--Diamond and Pearl--

Season 10: Diamond and Pearl

Real filler

Dp021 Ya See We Want An Evolution
Dp023 Faced With Steelix Determination
Dp024 Cooking Up A Sweet Story
Dp028 Driftwood On The Wind
Dp039 Steamboat Willies
Dp042 The Electrike Company
Dp043 Malice In Wonderland
Dp048 Ash And Dawn! Facing A New Adventure!

Technical filler

Dp006 Like It Or Lup It
Dp010 Not On My Watch Ya Don't
Dp022 Borrowing On Bad Faith
Dp029 The Champ Twins
Dp044 Mass Hip-Po-Sis
Dp046 A-Maze-Ing Race

Episodes this Season: 52
# Of Real Filler Episodes: 8
# Of Technical Filler Episodes: 6

Percentage of Season:
Real Filler: 15%
Combined: 27%

Season 11: Battle Dimension

Real filler

Dp056 The Keystone Pops
Dp057 Bibarel Gnaws Best
Dp058 Nosing Round The Mountain
Dp059 Luxray Vision
Dp070 The Bells Are Singing
Dp087 The Psyduck Stops Here
Dp094 Doc Brock

Technical filler

Dp062 Tanks For The Memories
Dp065 Sleight Of Sand
Dp071+72 Pokemon Ranger And The Kidnapped Riolu
Dp092 A Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine
Dp098 If The Scarf Fits Wear It

Episodes this Season: 51 (Or 52)
# Of Real Filler Episodes: 7
# Of Technical Filler Episodes: 5 (Or 6)

Percentage of Season:
Real Filler: 14%
Combined: 23% (Or 25%)

Season 12: Galactic Battles

Real filler

Dp105 Get Your Rotom Running
Dp109 Leading A Stray
Dp113 Hold The Phione
Dp115 Stealing The Conversation
Dp116 The Drfting Snorunt
Dp117 Noodles Roamin' Off
Dp120 Mysterious Creatures Pokemon
Dp134 Promoting Healthy Tangrowth
Dp135 Beating The Bustle And Hustle
Dp137 Three Sides To Every Story
Dp142 Where No Togepi Has Gone Before
Dp143 Try For The Family Stone
Dp149 Sticking With Who You Know

Technical filler

Dp125 Battling A Cute Drama
Dp153 The Treasure Is All Mine

Episodes this Season: 53
# Of Real Filler Episodes: 13
# Of Technical Filler Episodes: 2

Percentage of Season:
Real Filler: 25%
Combined: 28%

Season 13: Sinnoh League Victors

Real filler

Dp158 Regaining The Home Advantage
Dp160 A Marathon Rivalry
Dp172 With The Easiest Of Grace
Dp178 For The Love Of Meowth

Technical filler

Dp164 Piplup Up And Away
Dp168 Keeping In Top Forme
Dp181 Bucking The Treasure Trend

Episodes this Season: 34
# Of Real Filler Episodes: 4
# Of Technical Filler Episodes: 3

Percentage of Season:
Real Filler: 12%
Combined: 21%

Diamond and Pearl Summary
Episodes This Arc: 191
# Of Real Filler Episodes: 32
# Of Technical Filler Episodes: 16 (Or 17)
Thanks! :D

Blastmaster

Borrowing on Bad Faith has Jessie's first win + more Aipom foreshadowing so I wouldn't consider that one skippable. The win was unofficial but it establishes Jessie as a competent Coordinator + adds little bits into Dawn's overconfidence arc. I remember Tanks for the Memories being pretty big for Dawn's depression arc too, along with a couple other smaller things.

Doc Brock does have an important Chekhov's Skill where Brock shows off some medical knowledge that Dawn eventually uses to treat Mamoswine with. Noodles Roamin' Off has a smaller one where Meowth ends up using his ramen skills from that episode in a later Contest. Promoting Healthy Tangrowth has a new move and a bit of Mamoswine development, so ig those three could be considered "technical" fillers though I think Brock's focus also helps play into his doctor shift at the end of the series.

And I wouldn't consider With the Easiest of Grace a filler at all, Bulbapedia apparently does but it's the only episode that builds up Dawn and Togekiss's relationship before the Grand Festival, so it's pretty important.

Rest all seems pretty accurate.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
As much as fillers can be exhausting I never find myself able to skip them when watching a series or rewatching it lol (Which is why I'll never watch Naruto or One Piece, too many episodes :p)

Morax

King of heroes
As much as fillers can be exhausting I never find myself able to skip them when watching a series or rewatching it lol (Which is why I'll never watch Naruto or One Piece, too many episodes :p)
Naruto i can understand but One Piece definitely worth a watch.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Naruto i can understand but One Piece definitely worth a watch.
It does sound really interesting but 1K+ episodes is too much man, esp coz I know I won't be skipping fillers once I start watching
With Pokémon it's different, I grew up with it so watching episodes was easy and it's more the childhood nostalgia factor and what the games mean to me and how I find it wholesome then watching it coz of its quality

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Riolu two-parter definitely shouldn’t be on this list...It involves Hunter J. And anything involving her feeds into the Team Galactic arc.

Doc Brock is important. The name should make that obvious. It relates to his doctor goal, which people already think there wasn’t enough buildup to that. Don’t take out what there was.

Tanks for the Memories is important for Dawn’s depression arc and development. It’s not filler by any stretch.

Promoting Healthy Tangrowth is important for Mamoswine’s arc.

Other than that, everything looks good.

Borrowing on Bad Faith has Jessie's first win + more Aipom foreshadowing so I wouldn't consider that one skippable. The win was unofficial but it establishes Jessie as a competent Coordinator + adds little bits into Dawn's overconfidence arc. I remember Tanks for the Memories being pretty big for Dawn's depression arc too, along with a couple other smaller things.

Doc Brock does have an important Chekhov's Skill where Brock shows off some medical knowledge that Dawn eventually uses to treat Mamoswine with. Noodles Roamin' Off has a smaller one where Meowth ends up using his ramen skills from that episode in a later Contest. Promoting Healthy Tangrowth has a new move and a bit of Mamoswine development, so ig those three could be considered "technical" fillers though I think Brock's focus also helps play into his doctor shift at the end of the series.

And I wouldn't consider With the Easiest of Grace a filler at all, Bulbapedia apparently does but it's the only episode that builds up Dawn and Togekiss's relationship before the Grand Festival, so it's pretty important.

Rest all seems pretty accurate.
This is a bit of necro, but are there any DP fillers you'd recommend watching? Asking you since you seem to have a good grasp of Diamond and Pearl in general. I've added all of the ones you've mentioned as being important to DP, but if there are any good/fun fillers that while are not very substantive towards the story of DP I'd want to watch that as well. Fun interactions between characters/Pokemon, interesting filler plots, anything like that I'm game for.

Last edited:

Blastmaster

This is a bit of necro, but are there any DP fillers you'd recommend watching? Asking you since you seem to have a good grasp of Diamond and Pearl in general. I've added all of the ones you've mentioned as being important to DP, but if there are any good/fun fillers that while are not very substantive towards the story of DP I'd want to watch that as well. Fun interactions between characters/Pokemon, interesting filler plots, anything like that I'm game for.
I think my personal favorite DP filler is A Maze-ing Race, I really like how character-driven the comedy is in that one and the maze plot sets up a lot of interactions you don't see too much otherwise. Malice in Wonderland and the evil Togepi episode are also pretty popular for similar reasons, the Riolu 2-parter is a Hunter J episode which are pretty much always good, and I'm partial to ones like The Treasure is All Mine, Piplup, Up and Away, and For the Love of Meowth for either being funny or being decent focus episodes even if they're not super important. The Piplup one might depend on how you feel about Piplup in general though.

I think that's about it, I personally don't mind most of DP's fillers but I admit that's because I'm more attached to its cast than I am with others. Assuming you're not, the rest are all pretty skippable.

I think my personal favorite DP filler is A Maze-ing Race, I really like how character-driven the comedy is in that one and the maze plot sets up a lot of interactions you don't see too much otherwise. Malice in Wonderland and the evil Togepi episode are also pretty popular for similar reasons, the Riolu 2-parter is a Hunter J episode which are pretty much always good, and I'm partial to ones like The Treasure is All Mine, Piplup, Up and Away, and For the Love of Meowth for either being funny or being decent focus episodes even if they're not super important. The Piplup one might depend on how you feel about Piplup in general though.

I think that's about it, I personally don't mind most of DP's fillers but I admit that's because I'm more attached to its cast than I am with others. Assuming you're not, the rest are all pretty skippable.
Alright thanks. I'll keep it in mind.