1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Diamond and Pearl Opening Song

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Dark Star, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Lindsay

Lindsay Charizard Trainer

Yes I agree with you all. I recorded the show on Fri night. The anime will replay again this week at 6:00pm CDT and Thurs at 6:00pm-9pm CDT. The theme song was horrible. The anime however was great! So I agree with everyone here. The theme song was horrible.

2. WarthogDemon

WarthogDemon <-- La Foam

I've heard worse in the way of theme songs.

Hated the animation near the end though. It was like they thought they needed to make it look VERY kid-friendly . . . like preschool friendly.

3. Ampris

Ampris Slip slidin'

Just saw it. I agree that it's reminiscent of the speaking portion of 2BA Master with some weird music added in the background, but what struck me most was how underwhelming and dull it was. At least the other bad openings held your attention the whole time with their energy. That was just boring. :[

4. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

I doubt the Theme Song will affect the ratings though, because Yugioh and DBZ's theme songs sucked and they pulled in big ratings (in the heyday).

5. i like the new song . It shows the Jrap side of Pokemon!

6. Worst theme song ever

7. Nathan Madien

Nathan Madien Me on a Good Day

I wonder how bad Pokemon theme songs would be if the fans assembled them.

8. -Starly-

-Starly- Brain Damage

Don't even think about that possibility.

C'mon, it's not THAT horrible as some of you say. Sure it made me cringe when I first saw it, but by the third time I heard it, it was fine and didn't bother me. You guys need to learn to adapt to the anime since the anime won't adapt to you.

9. Maestro Kinético

Maestro Kinético Well-Known Member

I think it's the worst opening we have had, they keep getting worse by time. They should have kept the original song, its a classic. It gives me chills.

10. Lil Brother

Lil Brother Just kinda there.

I like it after having had watched it on YouTube 10 or so times. ^^ You silly fans and your tendencies to shout out "WORST THING EVA!!!" every five seconds (not that I'm not guilty of this, but whatever!). I would have liked to kept the entire scene with Ash, Paul, and their Pokémon and Team Rocket (who weren't in the BF opening, either...) but it works well enough.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  11. Zaraki

Zaraki marshstomp teh whip

it was stupid i hated the only pokeraps that worked were in the very first season. you just cant rap a pokemon theme song -__-

12. Crystal Clair

Crystal Clair Well-Known Member

I agree. Although I, earlier, was complaining on how much I didn't like Shinji's new voice, I realized it was pretty darn good coming from PUSA
    However, this theme song is now the second coolest IMO. It's just so cool. As said on youtube by someone, the first 11 seconds of the song are the best.
    And just to make Kanto elitists go wild
    This new theme song>>>>>> the Kanto one
    8D

although, I do have to admit the very beginning, before they started "rapping" was a bit akwardly sang, like some kids commercial. But other than that, and in the end, it was pretty good.
    And when they mentioned "game", for a second, I thought they broke the 4th wall again.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  13. Ampris

Ampris Slip slidin'

Meh, the second time watching it was a little better. The scenes and lyrics felt more interesting and somewhat less disjointed. Still boring and unispired, though.

It's a frikkin' conspiracy, I tell ya.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  14. well to make any dub lovers mad.

any of the japanese theme songs >>>>>>>>>> all the dub songs put together

15. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Err...I actually like it after hearing it more...slightly...better then that horrid Season 1 junk...

16. CabbyFish

CabbyFish It's B and it's W...

This opening is offical according to today's webcast. Sorry.

17. -Starly-

-Starly- Brain Damage

Yes, because a song with half of its lyrics Pokemon attacks are soooo much better.

18. Nathan Madien

As opposed to what? Self-esteem "you can do it if you really try" songs?

19. WarthogDemon

WarthogDemon <-- La Foam

Okay . . . after a second and third listening to this song, I wish to restate my opinion . . . it's rather lousy.

It sounds like they were thinking, "Oops, we ran out of time to record a theme song . . . oh! How about we take this Diamond/Pearl promo we never used and slap a rap beat to it? That'll be perfect!"

4kids theme songs are better than this. >_>

20. Nathan Madien

Not by much, though. They were wise enough to have enough animation in their themes to cover up the hit-or-miss lyrics.