1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Diamond and Pearl Opening Song

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Dark Star, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Sammi

Sammi Banned

I hated the opening to no end, just like all the other openings. The ending was crap too.

Hikari's theme, in Japanese is "yay"! XP

And in the dub, her voice... Ew. I wanted to barf. I'm forever watching subbed episodes, after this.

2. Nathan Madien

Nathan Madien Me on a Good Day

It's a requirement by law.

3. Evilchibi_pichu

Evilchibi_pichu Entertain me minions

Only heard part of it before went somewhere else (was the Pokemon party thingy); I thought my ears were going to bleed. Ugh.. Even the kid next to me hated it.

4. l3g1t

l3g1t Legend Hunter

Wonder why? :/

5. CaptainBrain

CaptainBrain Continuum

Maybe, and I'm going out on a limb here....but isn't Sinnoh a new world for Ash and Co. to explore? Aren't there new places and battles? It makes sense.

6. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

I LOVED the new opening song myself. Wow, a return to rap, for the first time since the Orange Islands (one of my top favorite theme songs, BTW). I guess after seven seasons of either pop (JLC, PA, AB), rock (MQ, AC, BF), or bubblegum pop (JJ), I guess it was high time for rap to make a comeback. It had a really catchy tune, and I was humming it even after watching the episode. If it's the theme song for the season, I definitely approve.

However, I'm still mad that Team Rocket got left out of the credits AGAIN. Come on, PUSA, they're just as important to the show as the twerps are.

7. WarthogDemon

WarthogDemon <-- La Foam

Well as I said further up the thread, it's the same world. Just a different continent.

8. flyboy1308

flyboy1308 Coming Ta Town

SOS means someone help me. Save me form THAT monstrocity they mean to call a theme song. It was too fast, horribly song, disgustingly bad lyrics, and it was bad too.

9. Poke'Blaze

Poke'Blaze That THAT!

Do want to know what I think?... It sucked!

10. Tbone2356

Tbone2356 ᵀᴴᴱ ᴼᴿᴵᴳᴵᴻᴬᴸ

Is it just me, or is the theme song trying to send subliminal messages to children?

There were lines like "We can change the world!"

That just got me thinking this.

11. Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Haunter Hunter Sohrab Johto Champion

Great song, but damnit once again the opening is too short!

12. Mello

Mello Serial Fangirl

Alright, after seeing the "Battle Frontier" theme, I was so like WTF. It was too short and everything. I saw the DP theme the other day, and I was like... this is even worse o_O. Too short, the animations don't even make sense, the singer sounded horrible and everything. Good good smile was better.

13. The whole song was really bad and so awful my dogs strted howling after hearing that. And this really happened too.

14. WarthogDemon

WarthogDemon <-- La Foam

Apart from the unlikihood, isn't that a little too vague to be subliminal?