• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond and Pearl VS Black and White/Best Wishes

DP VS BW

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This reminded me of how little I cared about Team Galactic. They were such useless add-ons to the plot that I hardly ever remember them at all. I feel like DP's plot would be relatively unchanged if Team Galactic was taken out.

Hunter J was a very cool idea that was handled in an alright fashion. I kind of want another Hunter to come in who is a total badass, who likes Pokemon but hates humans. Hunter N?

Galactic got the best screentime of all the evil teams, how were they an afterthought?

Compared to Magma/Aqua and the none existent Team Plasma? DP got the villains right more than any other saga.

Grei

not the color
Galactic got the best screentime of all the evil teams, how were they an afterthought?

Compared to Magma/Aqua and the none existent Team Plasma? DP got the villains right more than any other saga.

I'm not sure where you ever read "Galactic didn't get enough screentime"

I mean, I know all you care about is screentime, but that doesn't mean I care as much about it

I called them useless additions to the plot, which is different. Honestly, they were more distractions than anything else. I wish that the writers would treat the evil teams as plot devices rather than distractions even though they're distractions half of the time in the games

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well that's simply because Ash's story/Gyms will always be the main focus of the show. Secondly, Dawn's Contests took up the other huge chunk of DP. However Team Galactic and Hunter J got regular appearances throughout the saga and had the best written villain plotline of the series.

They actually tried to kill Ash numerous times, had a coherent storyline, and their antics were far above the silly TR or Magma/Aqua schemes from older episodes.

If it weren't for Team Plasma being non-existent, then I would have said they had a chance of being better than Galactic. But we're now over 60 eps in and Ash has 5 badges...so I dunno...

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I honestly think that yes, Cilan can get annoying but I love his accent and how whenever he meets someone, he's all like, "Hi. I'm a Pokémon Connoisseur." (o_O) WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? ARE YOU A POKéATER OR SOMETHING?? GET AWAY FROM MAI CHARMANDER YOU MENACE (D:) And also I think his food puns are supposed to be cheap, lame and obnoxious. :3

Hence why I don't watch the English dub, although Cilan's the only guy who has a remotely tolerable voice due to it being the smoothest.

G50

No longer posting
I love the much faster pace of BWs, DP just felt like it continually dragged on....

Ludi-Kero!

Hugging 'til the end
Oh lawdy, Ludi-Kero's the complete inverse of me.
Do I care about all that "interesting" crap going on? Nope.avi, I just wanted some damn battles, not girly crap (that's unsuitable for wimminz) and unattractive characters in both senses. Sinnoh's disappointed the crap outta me.
...Oh? Plot-centric battles? Yeah, you could say that in the sense of gyms, but ones like Hunter J and Galactic made me cry in the shower, as I stated several times before.
Everyone has different tastes, and that's why it's very hard to find a common "best".

But I don't understand the thing you say about "battles". DP is the series that focused the most on battles. There was a battle almost every episode- gym battles/contest battles/rival battles/villain battles/random battles were everywhere.

The first 61 episodes had:
*Two Ash VS Paul
*Dawn VS Nando/Ash VS Nando (same episode)
*Croagunk's debut had 3 battles
*The whole Jubilife Contest
*4 Gym Battles (3 VS Roark, 1 VS Gardenia)
*Pikachu VS Magikarp
*Pikachu VS Aipom
*The whole Floaroma Contest (including Ash VS Kenny)
*Ash/Dawn VS Tag Brothers
*Ash VS Gardenia
*Lucian VS Dawn
*Cynthia VS Paul
*Zoey VS Jessielina
*The whole Tag Battle tournament
*Cacnea's Farewell had 2 battles
*Pikachu VS Spiritomb
*Ash VS Atsuo
*Ash VS Kenny

Holy... that's a lot of battles ha. And yeah, there were battles of all kinds, for all the tastes. Lots of Pokémon being used, lots of strategies, etc.

Most of those are pretty good battles- some are reaaally good battles.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Yeah, but there was no emotional depth to them. All the emotion, all what would've made me care about them was thrown away in favour of focking TRAINING METHODS rather than focusing on the Pokemon themselves. With Chimchar, I kept feeling as if it was his own struggle against Paul, and as Ash got less and less innocent (read: Sinnoh Ash is Hardcore) he emotionally connected to his Pokemon less and less. It was all about the training, and that's what I disliked about Sinnoh!Ash.

Silly Ludi-Kero, why you no care about Pokemon?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I voted for Diamond & Pearl, but that's only because I dislike the Black & White saga with a passion. I could go into depth, but I might accidentally start World War 3.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It hasn't changed much, the writing style is the same, Satoshi just has more pokemons and there are less fillers, voting Best Wishes, even though this polls make no sense till the series actually ends.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It hasn't changed much, the writing style is the same, Satoshi just has more pokemons and there are less fillers, voting Best Wishes, even though this polls make no sense till the series actually ends.

The writing for the rivals and villains is worse. Trip is a total dud and Team Plasma hasn't even debuted yet.

Paul, Galactic and Hunter J are definitely better than any rivals/villains BW has so far.

Ludi-Kero!

Hugging 'til the end
Yeah, but there was no emotional depth to them. All the emotion, all what would've made me care about them was thrown away in favour of focking TRAINING METHODS rather than focusing on the Pokemon themselves. With Chimchar, I kept feeling as if it was his own struggle against Paul, and as Ash got less and less innocent (read: Sinnoh Ash is Hardcore) he emotionally connected to his Pokemon less and less. It was all about the training, and that's what I disliked about Sinnoh!Ash.

Silly Ludi-Kero, why you no care about Pokemon?
I think it's exactly the other way. The Pokémon themselves were heavily featured, it was them who made the battles possible in the first place (for example, Croagunk was obviously the focus, not Jessie; the little "grudges" and "revenge" feelings that came from the Pokémon -like Staravia and Turtwig against Gardenia's Turtwig).

All the training was what made clear that the bond these Pokémon shared with their trainers was very strong. Cacnea and James is a perfect example of this. Piplup and Dawn are pretty much this too. Heck, the whole TradePlot was about this: 2 trainers who have connected with their Pokémon so well are able to realize they should trade to make their Pokémon happy. Ash and Aipom had a lot of this- remember how *perfect* Jessie/Aipom were that Ash was scared she'd go away.

And now that I think about it, even the series made it clear that Ash was emotionally connected with his Pokémon- the connection was so strong that sometimes it was a bad thing: Ash lets his feelings and the feelings of his Pokémon cloud his judgment (Ash VS Paul I).

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
The writing for the rivals and villains is worse. Trip is a total dud and Team Plasma hasn't even debuted yet.

Paul, Galactic and Hunter J are definitely better than any rivals/villains BW has so far.

No it isn't, as far as I'm concerned I'm enjoying this rivalries more then the DP ones, besides Shinji but just because I like Shinji more that doesn't mean Shooti is bad, just like you and some other people say, that just stupid, I'm liking he has taken Cheren route, I like Cheren story ingame, I like that he has something else besides battling to him also(aka his hobby), which has played into the story with Oshawott development.

The team Plasma situation is unfornatunate, I still hope they can't reintroduce them but I doubt it will happen, obviously we know their plans since it had to be canceled.

For all we care, TV Tokyo might have told them, don't make any reference to those episodes AT ALL in the future, including, don't get Team Plasma ever in the plot again, that doesn't mean **** anyway.

Still aslong as the episodes are good, I can pass without Plasma, which fortunatly for me, since I don't dislike a good well written episode, just because one pokemon doesn't appear, I am liking most BW episodes.

I don't care for J really, I didn't dislike her but I could pass without her, certaintly better then having TR doing their crap every episode in DP, so I liked her in that sense.

The writing style is the same, the writing for the episodes, WRITING STYLE, I don't care if Team Plasma didn't appear, I'm talking about the writing style, how the episodes are handled, heck its even better now, we have less CotD and no TR, they once again improved like they have done since the first region.

Yes Johto writing was better, besides the amount of fillers and no evolutions, the gym battles weren't pity badges and the leagues was awesome, that is already a major improvement from Kanto.

Bottom line we have haters since the start of the region that won't change opinions, we have haters because of the Don Battle that dide a 360 and started hating the series, those things won't change.

Anyway like I said people doing this dumb threads with BW comparisions to other regions, when BW hasn't ended is just stupid, obviously people who hate the series now won't change opinions for a fact, not because of anything besides being crybabies or nostalgic about some old stuff.

I shouldn't even have voted anyway, I was not going to but I ended up doing it.

pokeaussie37

I'm quite amazed that at this stage, the honours are shared, and the votes are even. I still disagree with comparing the two at this stage though. I will wait until it's finished, but I think at a minimum Best Wishes should reach the hundred episode mark before they become remotely comparable,

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
I love DP more for the battles,rivals,Pokemon,Ash's personality in Sinnoh. He was smarter and more connected towards his Pokemon more. Even the villans were better written then BW villans. And I like the change up with the main girl. Instead of another tomboy,DP gets a girly- girl. Which makes things different for me. In BW,I liked the trio chemistry even though I enjoy The DP trio more. The Pokemon in Unova have great personality. The rivals were meh. The only rivals I liked is Georgia,Bianca,Stephan. I never connected with Trip,He barely feels like a rival that Ash wants to beat unlike Paul or Gary.

J-boogie200

The BW trio has better chemistry than the DP trio, but I prefered other aspects of DP more.

I beg to differ. The DP trio was fine the way it was. Not all characters have to be buddy/buddy with each other. I believe the original trio had the best interactions and it will remain that way. Naturally, it's hard to hold a candle.

Status
Not open for further replies.