• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond battle tower team

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
;006; Charizard @ Focus sash
Mild
252 Sp. attack/252 Speed
Flamethrower
Air slash
Sunny day
Solarbeam

;477; Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Sassy
4HP/252 Sp.defence/252 Defence
Will o wisp
Pain split
Confuse ray
Night shade

;289; Slaking @ Choice band
Adamant
252 Speed/ 252 Defence
Aerial ace
Return
Fire punch
Earthquake

I'm not so good with team building, so some help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Current changes in bold

Last edited:

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
1. Don't just slap three pogeys together and call it a team. For example, Dusknoir's Trick Room only benefits him, and hurts Charizard and Slaking (who are rather fast).
2. I'll post recommended movesets, but I suggest that you start over.

Charizard@Salac Berry
Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Blaze
252 Speed, 252 Atk, 6 HP

~Substitute
~Belly Drum
~Fire Punch
~Earthquake

Substitute+Belly Drum gets you down to 1/4th health, triggering Blaze and Salac Berry. Now, you can sweep with your boosted Fire Punch and +6 Atk/+1 Speed.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Careful (+Sp. Def, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Pressure
252 HP, 176 Sp. Def, 80 Def

~Will-O-Wisp
~Shadow Punch
~Pain Split
~Ice Punch/Thunder Punch

Slaking@Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Truant
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP

~Return/Giga Impact
~Earthquake
~Fire Punch
~Aerial Ace/Sucker Punch

The choice between Giga Impact and Return is tricky. While Truant does seem like a perfect match for Slaking, using Giga Impact makes Slaking completely helpness next turn. Your opponent could just send in a Fighting type and Close Combat/Cross Chop you. On the other hand, Return is plenty powerful, has 100 accuracy, and enables you to switch, if needed, on the next turn.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
;006; Charizard @ Life Orb
Modest / Timid
Flamethrower / Fire Blast
Air Slash
Sunny Day
Solarbeam

Fire Blast gets boosted by Sunny Day to make it 100& accurate, IIRC (I might be wrong.).

If you're good at predicting and want sheer power, try this Charizard:

Charizard @ Salac Berry
Nature:Jolly
EVs:252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Def
IVs:30 HP
Moves:
Belly Drum
Substitute
Earthquake
Fire Punch

My Explanation
This is a very scary and powerful set. After Belly Drum, Fire Punch OHKOes all Pokemon as long as they don't have 4x resistance to Fire Punch. Earthquake can OHKO Tyranitar after a Belly Drum. The EVs will guarantee the OHKOes I have said in my post. Dragon Claw shouldn't be on this set since Fire Punch will OHKO all of the Dragons in the Battle Tower. It's recommended that if you do softreset game / breed for IVs that you get 30 HP IVs, as to guarentee Salac Berry's activation after a Belly Drum and Substitute (from Smogon). HP needs to be 296 to be divisible by 4, so the end result is what I explained in the sentence before this one. Put your stats into an IV Calculator, input 0 EVs if you breed a new Charizard, figure out it's IV like that. I put EVs into Def instead of HP as that would put you at 297 HP, making Salac not activate.

Calm / (anything that raises Def or SpD, but drops SpA or Spe)

Ice Punch
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split / ThunderPunch
Shadow Sneak / Shadow Punch

;289; Slaking @ Choice Band
Adamant

Return

Fire Punch
Shadow Claw
Earthquake

I'm not so good with team building, so some help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Changes in bold.

Is this for the Battle Tower or are those just the Pokemon you have thought of so far? If it's the former, you need EVs to have any chance of going far. If it's the latter, think of three other Pokemon to use.

Last edited:

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Earthquake is better than Dragon Claw on Charizard; +5 Atk Stab Blaze Fire Punch still OHKOs things like Gyarados, Salamence, Dragonite, etc. Earthquake, on the other hand, lets it kill things like Heatran and Tyranitar should it show up later in the battle.

Calm on Dusknoir when it has Physical moves 0_0?

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Earthquake is better than Dragon Claw on Charizard; +5 Atk Stab Blaze Fire Punch still OHKOs things like Gyarados, Salamence, Dragonite, etc. Earthquake, on the other hand, lets it kill things like Heatran and Tyranitar should it show up later in the battle.

Calm on Dusknoir when it has Physical moves 0_0?

Yeah, I changed it to Earthquake. It was EQ before, but I don't know why I changed it.

I thought Calm was + SpD, - SpA, sorry.

callum5042

Brawl Pro
Im not very good at battle tower teams my self

Charizard @ Focus Band
Mild
Flamethrower / Heat wave
Air slash
Earthquake
Roost

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Sassy
Toxic
Ice Beam
Confuse ray
Night shade

Slaking @ Wise Lens
Impish/Adamant
Slack off
Thunder Bolt
Yawn
Aerial Ace

Change in bold

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Sassy
Toxic
Ice Beam
Confuse ray
Night shade

Slaking @ Wise Lens
Impish/Adamant
Slack off
Thunder Bolt
Yawn
Aerial Ace

Change in bold

Thunderbolt is meh on Slaking because why not take advantage of its monstrous 160 Atk stat? Same with Aerial Ace. Slaking's an all-out offensive Pokemon rather than a Phazing / Supporter. Slack Off is unrealiable as his Ability will prevent him from healing much.

Since Slaking is your physical sweeper, Charizard should be your Sp.Sweeper.

Charizard (Timid Nature) @Choice Specs/Life Orb/Wise Glasses
-Flamethrower
-Air Slash/HP Electric
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Since Slaking is your physical sweeper, Charizard should be your Sp.Sweeper.

Charizard (Timid Nature) @Choice Specs/Life Orb/Wise Glasses
-Flamethrower
-Air Slash/HP Electric
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast

Charizard was my special sweeper, hence why I gave him a (admittedly poor special set).

The trick room thing is a good point, I'll drop that.

randomspot555

Im not very good at battle tower teams my self

Charizard @ Focus Band
Mild
Flamethrower / Heat wave
Air slash
Earthquake
Roost

Charizard doesn't have the bulk to survive long enough, so Roost is a wasted move slot.

Focus Band only has a 10% chance at working. In other words, you have a 90% chance of basicaly not holding an item.

And why is Slaking holding Wide Lens? All of it's moves have 100% accuracy without Brightpowder/double team.

And as with most BT team posts: If you don't have a firm grasp on basic game mechanics such as EVs, natures, physical vs special moves, etc... then the battle tower is going to chew your team and spit it out. The furthest I've ever seen anyone get without EV training their Pokes is 28, but I think they just got really, really lucky.

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Charizard doesn't have the bulk to survive long enough, so Roost is a wasted move slot.

Focus Band only has a 10% chance at working. In other words, you have a 90% chance of basicaly not holding an item.

And why is Slaking holding Wide Lens? All of it's moves have 100% accuracy without Brightpowder/double team.

And as with most BT team posts: If you don't have a firm grasp on basic game mechanics such as EVs, natures, physical vs special moves, etc... then the battle tower is going to chew your team and spit it out. The furthest I've ever seen anyone get without EV training their Pokes is 28, but I think they just got really, really lucky.
If you read my original post, I didn't give Slaking wide lens, or Charizard roost, or focus band.

EvilAzn

Phantom Poster
;006; Charizard @ Life Orb/Choice Specs/Wise Glasses/Expert Belt
Modest/Timid (its best to not use a mix charizard unless if you want to)

Flamethrower/Fireblast
Air slash
Hidden Power Grass
Dragon Pulse/Focus Blast

Impish/Careful
Wil-O-Wisp
Pain Split
Shadow Sneak/Punch
Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch

;289; Slaking @ Choice Band/Life Orb/Shell Bell(highly advise that there be only 1 choice item user per team and slaking would more than likely be the best choice in terms of your team)
Adamant
Return/Double Edge(not recomended since the recoil will kill you)
Earthquake
Ice Punch/Fire Punch/Shadow Claw/Punishment/Faint Attack
Thunder Punch/ Fire Punch/Shadow Claw/Punishment/Faint Attack

I'm not so good with team building, so some help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The only reason why I put shell bell on slaking is because leftovers is already in use which would be something I would say isnt such a bad idea to tack on over choice band/life orb. Also I would say lead with slaking since he can practically 1ko almost anything that starts off and take a hit while at it. Additionally if you predict a pokemon that will use fake out, switch to dusknoir and then punish it with WoW, etc. Also trick room won't be doing you much good considering you have 2 pokemon of good speeds.

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I suggest you remove Slaking. I'm telling you: BellyZard is awesome.

Maybe get a Special Sweeper such as Starmie or Togekiss.

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
^ Azeem is right your best bet is to go with Bellyzard.

for his special sweepers you will want Togekiss and a parfilinch set

~Air slash
~T-Wave
~Aura sphere/Shadow ball
~Nasty plot

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
In the BT, Truant is the worst Ability to have as you could get KOed on the "It's Loafing Around." turn. Besides, the BT doesn't know how to outpredict something.

Last edited:

randomspot555

I suggest you remove Slaking. I'm telling you: BellyZard is awesome.

Maybe get a Special Sweeper such as Starmie or Togekiss.

The problem with Bellyzard is all the set up it requires. It pretty much requires not to get hit while it sets up Belly Drum and Sub, which has a 99.9% chance of not happening in the Battle Tower. A much more reliable sweep would be Choice Band/Scarf Garchomp, or (as you correctly point out
) any number of Starmie sets.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
The problem with Bellyzard is all the set up it requires. It pretty much requires not to get hit while it sets up Belly Drum and Sub, which has a 99.9% chance of not happening in the Battle Tower. A much more reliable sweep would be Choice Band/Scarf Garchomp, or (as you correctly point out
It's a good set, nonetheless. You can't base using a set on the .01 chance it won't work; that's stupid. Most Pokemon won't be faster than you anyways.

However, the sheer power of a Bellyzard set usually outweighs the risks that arrive with it.