• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond battle tower team

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Sometimes, you need to take hits. Charizard will get you VERY FAR in the BT with Belly Drum.

randomspot555

It's a good set, nonetheless. You can't base using a set on the .01 chance it won't work; that's stupid. Most Pokemon won't be faster than you anyways.

Vice versa, actually. the .01 chance is the chance it has to actually work.

In my experience, it's better/easier/smarter to set up a Pokemon that can actually take some hits. Bulky variants of Scizor, Starmie, Salamence, and Gyarados are great examples of this. Charizard, on the other end, only has one immunity and a ton of weaknesses. Most of the time, the set up will get ruined.

I just think Bellyzard in the Battle Tower is too much of a risk. It heavily relies on everything going perfectly.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Vice versa, actually. the .01 chance is the chance it has to actually work.

In my experience, it's better/easier/smarter to set up a Pokemon that can actually take some hits. Bulky variants of Scizor, Starmie, Salamence, and Gyarados are great examples of this. Charizard, on the other end, only has one immunity and a ton of weaknesses. Most of the time, the set up will get ruined.

I just think Bellyzard in the Battle Tower is too much of a risk. It heavily relies on everything going perfectly.
Then what Belly Drummer is a good Pokemon, a big threat,and has many resistances?

randomspot555

Then what Belly Drummer is a good Pokemon, a big threat,and has many resistances?

There probably isn't. The way I see it, BellyDrum Charizard (in the standard competitive environment) works best when you can force an opponent to switch out so you get a free turn to do as you wish, or spend some time statusing Pokemon to make Zard's set up less risky. But there really isn't time to do that in the BT.

Think about it: How often does the Battle Tower give you 2 turns to set up that leaves you relatively unharmed?

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
There probably isn't. The way I see it, BellyDrum Charizard (in the standard competitive environment) works best when you can force an opponent to switch out so you get a free turn to do as you wish, or spend some time statusing Pokemon to make Zard's set up less risky. But there really isn't time to do that in the BT.

Think about it: How often does the Battle Tower give you 2 turns to set up that leaves you relatively unharmed?
You're right. As for your last question, if Charizard is faster it can Sub before they attack. Then you can use Sub before them, Belly Drum up, they break Sub, and you attack them with +6 Fire Punch and Atk EVs; nature (Adamant) with increase the damage.