• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond Battle Tower Team

Ketsushi

Amongst the Woopers?
The stupid battle tower is irritating me, and it's time to make a good team for getting my fourth star~~

;477;Dusknoir
-Trick
-Memento
-Disable
-Pain Split
Ability: Pressure
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Careful
252 hp, 204 Def, 52 Sp.Def

I hope disable isn't too gimmicky there, but I think it's worth a shot. It simply cripples whatever is leading. Trick should take care of most things; my next two pokemon have a good few resistances. Memento is there to shut down anything making use of the choice scarf I gave it, and disable to shut things down entirely, if I get a free turn to do as such. Pain Split is pretty obvious, and the EVs keep it's defenses fairly even.

;381;Latios
-Dragon Pulse
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Refresh
Ability: Levitate
Item: (I've been able to bring the soul dew into the battle tower, but I'm not sure if it works)
Nature: Timid
252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 hp

Just a Mono-attack Latios. If Dusknoir does it's job, It should be very easy to set up calm mind and possibly a clean sweep-assuming no steel types get in my way. Speaking of Steel-types, I could try to catch it for some hidden power type I like and replace Refresh, But it'll be very difficult to even get the right IVs and Nature.

;212;Scizor
-Bullet Punch|Iron Head
-Sword Dance|Agility
-Superpower
-U-Turn
Ability:Technician|Swarm
Item: Life Orb
Nature:Adamant
252 Atk, 252 Speed

I can't decide between the two seperated builds, but both should be pretty effective. Bullet Punch w/ technician and sword dance would be very destructive, with Superpower to destroy steel types. U-Turn can be used to get out quickly with some STAB, and a stat boost to use after Dusknoir, if it gets the chance. I'm not too sure about the EVs, but Scizor will need some decent speed to use Superpower w/ Bullet Punch. Only...Lucario, Skarmory, Metagross and Heatran (I think) will outrun Scizor, but I at least can hit neutrally or super-effective on all of them. I could put more into defenses on the Agility set, but I don't know.

Between Scizor and Latios, only Rock and Flying hit neutral, and everything else is resisted in some way.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
The stupid battle tower is irritating me, and it's time to make a good team for getting my fourth star~~

;477;Dusknoir
-Trick
-Memento
-Pain Split
-Flash

I'm not a big fan PP draining the lead, it should be
used for an easy set up, so use Flash. Everything
else looks fine.

;381;Latios
-Dragon Pulse
-Calm Mind
-Surf/Thunderbolt
-Substitute
Item: Leftovers

Substitute is the best hax protection you can get.
With Sub and Leftovers, you can forego Recover and
add another attack. Having a pokemon with the same
weakness as your lead can cause some problems tho.

;212;Scizor
-Bullet Punch
-Sword Dance
-Aerial Ace
-Brick Break
Ability:Technician
Item: Life Orb
252 Atk, 252 Speed

Aerial Ace covers evasion Hax and gets a Technician
boost, Brick Break covers steels and Bullet Punch is for
raping.

Between Scizor and Latios, only Rock and Flying hit neutral, and everything else is resisted in some way.

Changes in Not this

Final

I Submit to No One

;477;Dusknoir
-Trick
-Memento
-Flash
-Pain Split

I hope disable isn't too gimmicky there, but I think it's worth a shot. It simply cripples whatever is leading. Trick should take care of most things; my next two pokemon have a good few resistances. Memento is there to shut down anything making use of the choice scarf I gave it, and disable to shut things down entirely, if I get a free turn to do as such. Pain Split is pretty obvious, and the EVs keep it's defenses fairly even.

As GrumpySnorlax stated, you should stick to Flash instead of Disable since forcing your opponent to Struggle is not something you really want to be doing since it can shorten your setup and possibly leave one of your set-up sweepers open to an attack they're weak to or an OHKO move.

;381;Latios
-Dragon Pulse
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Substitute
Item: Draco Plate

Just a Mono-attack Latios. If Dusknoir does it's job, It should be very easy to set up calm mind and possibly a clean sweep-assuming no steel types get in my way. Speaking of Steel-types, I could try to catch it for some hidden power type I like and replace Refresh, But it'll be very difficult to even get the right IVs and Nature.

Soul Dew doesn't work in the Tower although you can bring it into the Tower. It is essentially dead weight. Basically, stick to Draco Plate as the hold item since it boosts Latios' sole Attack. Also, don't worry about Hidden Powers since Latios OHKOs or 2HKOs everything at +6 with Dragon Pulse. Even the Steel Types that resist it as well as Chansey and Blissey. Out of the Steel Types, only Bastiodon, Registeel and Probopass are 2HKOed and Chansey and Blissey are 2HKOed. Also, Substitiute is better over Refresh since it not only helps against status (in fact it blocks it), but it helps Latios set up on Special Attacks and weaker Physical Attacks easier. If you wish to have another Attack, Surf is probably your best option since it is virtually unresisted alongside Dragon Pulse (Shedinja and Empoleon are the only Pokemon that resist Water + Dragon) but it isn't really needed since Dragon Pulse already destroys pretty much everything at +6.

;212;Scizor
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance
-Brick Break
-Substitute
Item: Leftovers / Iron Plate
252 Atk, 252 Speed

I can't decide between the two seperated builds, but both should be pretty effective. Bullet Punch w/ technician and sword dance would be very destructive, with Superpower to destroy steel types. U-Turn can be used to get out quickly with some STAB, and a stat boost to use after Dusknoir, if it gets the chance. I'm not too sure about the EVs, but Scizor will need some decent speed to use Superpower w/ Bullet Punch. Only...Lucario, Skarmory, Metagross and Heatran (I think) will outrun Scizor, but I at least can hit neutrally or super-effective on all of them. I could put more into defenses on the Agility set, but I don't know.

Agility is rubbish on Scizor since it leaves its Attack untouched which means it will miss vital OHKOs and 2HKOs. Also, Bullet Punch's priority is better than Iron Head's power. You should also use Brick Break over Superpower as Superpower's only real use is to 2HKO Skarmory after boosted by Swords Dance in competitive play and in the tower, once at +6, Brick Break will destroy it anyway. For the last spot, Substitute gives Scizor a chance against Magnezone and Heatran who are the biggest threats to it since they 4x resist Bullet Punch and in most cases outrun Scizor. Also, U-Turn is not a good choice on this set since switching out of boosts is counterproductive. For hold items, Leftovers or Iron Plate are the best choices. Not 100% sure about the EVs but I doubt you'll need that much Speed with Bullet Punch as the main Attack. Also, Technician should be the ability since it boosts Bullet Punch's power.

Suggestions bolded. Hope they help. Latios and Dusknoir sharing some of the same weaknesses isn't good but Scizor luckily resists their weaknesses so it isn't all bad.

Ketsushi

Amongst the Woopers?
Revisions

Dusknoir
-Trick
-Memento
-Flash
-Pain Split
Nature: Calm
252 HP / 124 Def / 24 SpDef / 108 Spe

Just like you both recommended

Latios
-Dragon Pulse
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Substitute
Item: Draco Plate

I went with this because Recover is so nice with Substitute, and as Final said, Surf wouldn't offer too much of an advantage.

Scizor
-Bullet Punch
-Sword Dance
-Brick Break
-Aerial Ace
Item: Iron Plate
252 Atk, 252 Speed

I'll probably change the EVs a little in the end, bullet punch will do most of the running for me. I went with Aerial Ace because I need to have something useable against Shedinja, and I really hate Double Team in the tower. I think I need as much health as I can get with this Scizor, so I got rid of the life orb. When I change it's EVs it should be a fairly tough pokemon.

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
I actually came up with a custom Dusknoir spread a while back which I've found to work pretty well, despite it being strange. 252 HP / 124 Def / 24 SpDef / 108 Spe, Calm. The HP gives you a decent amount of bulk right from the start, an essential quality for a TrickScarf lead to have. Next, the Spe allows you to outrun any of the Tower's Scizor and Tyranitar, along with Pokémon in those tiers. This is important so that the can't set up Swords Dance or KO with Crunch respectively. The remainder is invested into defences to give you the best all-round potential while making sure that Porygon & Co. get an Atk boost rather than SpAtk.

Ketsushi

Amongst the Woopers?
Hmm That looks pretty cool. I have been a bit worried about things outrunning me and beating dusknoir before it can set up properly...I'll try it :D