• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond BT Team please help

LilBandito

The Great One
Alright so heres my BT team that ive been working on. Criticism is appreciated cuz im noob and suck and I need help choosing a special sweeper. So far ive gotten:

Hypno@ Leftovers
Bold Nature

Psychic
Calm Mind
Thunder Wave
Substitute

EVs: 230 hp/252def/spdf rest of way

Well hes my tank and not much else i can say cept hes cool :D

Weavile@? Not sure prolly choice scarf or band not sure yet
Jolly Nature

Ice Punch
Brick Break
Night Slash
Slash

EVs: 252 atk/252 spe/4 hp

Porygon-Z@Choice Scarf
Timid

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Tri-Attack
PsyBeam

EVs: 252 spatk/252 spe/4hp

Last edited:

megamaster125

Alright so heres my BT team that ive been working on. Criticism is appreciated cuz im noob and suck and I need help choosing a special sweeper. So far ive gotten:

Hypno@ Leftovers
Bold Nature

Psychic
Calm Mind
Thunder Wave
Substitute

Leafeon@ Life Orb
Jolly Nature

Leaf Blade
Return
Swords Dance
Synthesis

EVs: 252 atk/252 spe/4 spd

Thats it so far. Still need a special sweeper im open for suggestions though i prefer UU pokemon over OU. Any criticism is welcomed and appreciated.

Hypno really isn't bulky enough to be a wall. If you want a psychic type wall, try Cresselia or Bronzong.

Leafeon is much too frail to be using Synthesis, and return doesn't get you any super effective hits. Leafeon itself has a very poor movepool, and get's completely shut down by any steel type. In fact, as of right now, both of your pokemon get shut down by any steel type. If you're looking for a grass type to use, I recommend Breloom or Sceptile.

For a special sweeper, I would recommend something with a fire attack. Choice Scarf Heatran is pretty good, and if you choose to use Breloom/Sceptile, Heatran can come in on any attack they are weak against.

LilBandito

The Great One
hmmm good ideas think ill stay with my hypno though just cuz hes awesome and any moveset ideas for heatran?

LilBandito

The Great One
oh and im tryin to make hypno a tank not a wall

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
dpmfa097.png

Hypno
252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Calm @ Leftovers
~ Seismic Toss / Psychic
~ Thunder Wave / Hypnosis
~ Wish
~ Reflect / Light Screen

dpmfa485.png

Heatran
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive/Rash @ Choice Scarf
~ Fire Blast / Flamethrower
~ Earth Power
~ Explosion
~ Dragon Pulse

Last edited:

LilBandito

The Great One
alright thanks i got a weavile as my physical now tho still deciding on a pecual sweeper

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
could you edit your first post so that i can see exactly what your team is and then help accordingly? thanks!

LilBandito

The Great One
re-edited to update team for rayray

I can't see the reason behind slash on weavile. I would use fake out (to get rid of focus sashes that appear later on the tower), taunt (to stop annoyers / boosters) or even counter with a focus sash of your own. Aerial Ace may help you too with your little fighting problem

For the item, i don't think the extra speed of the scarf would be needed anytime soon, go with a choice band or life orb. Maybe expert belt if you need to switch attacks and don't like the recoil.

You have a problem with fighters. Weavile is x4 weak, porygon-z x2, and even hypno resists them, it's not strange to see fight + dark or fight + bug (heracross) or fight + anything that can severely hurt hypno.

LilBandito

The Great One
Yea slash is just there for no reason. Aerial Ace is a good idea. Im using expert belt. I do have a problem with fighters but aerial ace should help but proygonz also has psybeam (prolly gonna make it psychic) to help out.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Just a little nitpick, your Hypno's HP EV is 230 which isn't divisible by 4. You might want to go to 228 or 232.

LilBandito

The Great One
oh thanks didnt even notice that lol i fail

Final

I Submit to No One

Hypno@ Leftovers
Bold Nature

Psychic
Calm Mind
Thunder Wave
Substitute

Hypno should always run max HP to maximize its sponging capabilities. A 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def spread may be fine as Calm Mind is bolstering his Special Defense. I'm not 100% sure if it would be best as there may be a better EV Spread to use.

Weavile@ Choice Band
Jolly Nature

Ice Punch
Brick Break
Night Slash
Aerial Ace / Ice Shard

EVs: 252 atk/252 spe/4 hp

Use Choice Band. Unless Weavile is Adamant, Choice Band will be the better option. Battle Tower also has Item Clause meaning all your Pokemons must have different items. For moves, Aerial Ace or Ice Shard are better than Slash. Aerial Ace handles Double Team spammers and the like while Ice Shard can pick off weakened opponents.

Porygon-Z@Choice Scarf
Timid

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Tri-Attack
Dark Pulse

EVs: 252 spatk/252 spe/4hp

Dark Pulse >>>> Psybeam. Psychic is available for a more powerful alternative but even the Dark Pulse is still the better option for this set.

Suggestions bolded with feedback.

LilBandito

The Great One
Thanks and i have the dark pulse tm to! Would choice band be better than expert belt though? I find that there are alot of pokemon that i can super effective against with this moveset and i hate being locked into one move.

Final

I Submit to No One
Thanks and i have the dark pulse tm to! Would choice band be better than expert belt though? I find that there are alot of pokemon that i can super effective against with this moveset and i hate being locked into one move.

If you don't want to be locked into a move, Life Orb is an alternative if you don't mind the recoil. If you get a lot of Super Effective coverage with Weavile, by all means use Expert Belt. It is down to personal preference. Life Orb gives a 30% boost to all its moves whether they're Super Effective or not against the opponent.

LilBandito

The Great One
Alright yea thats what i plan to do. Thanks for the input alot of very helpful stuff