• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond dust and thunderstorms! Oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clash

He's Back!
These weather effects sound very cool, can't wait to see one for myself!

freedom-123

AAMayL supporter
i saw diamond dust a few days ago, and i was like WTF??? my game is glitched xD, but i ahvnt experience the thunderstorm yet

m15-07

EX/Ace Ruin Maniac
The thunder storm is somtimes near the great marsh

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Huh. Just looked on Bulbapedia and nothing on either of these effects

HANZ

Yeah i had the diamond dust thing too seemed to me it appeared because i was aloud in the temple in snowpoint city for the first time or maybe its something else.

Not sure about the thunderstorms though.

I remember the Thunderstorm twice in my Diamond, which I didn't expect happening both times. The Diamond Dust thing, I don't recall...

TrainerIruka

Glaceon fan
Wow, I've played Diamond for over 375 hours and I haven't seen any of that yet. I don't check the tvs much also, though. I find them usually a pain to listen to.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
wow thats cool, i might have to check my TVs more often

Sparkyperson

Light Ball Collector
I got Diamond Dust last week, though it was a glitch, so i kept going back off and on the snowpoint city map to check if it went around. Now that i know it isnt a glitch i'm relieved.

EmpressMyuu

Well, I'm glad to relieve you of the worry that it was a glitch, because the first time I EVER saw it, I thought the same thing. I'd forgotten about this thread until now! Yesterday (I say yesterday since it's past midnight here now) on my Diamond, I was in Snowpoint and the diamond dust effect was happening again. So, I checked my Pearl game after that and...sure enough, it was happening on there too. The thunderstorm thing wasn't happening though, but with that and with whoever got a thunderstorm on their game along with their brother, it just gives me even more evidence that there's certain dates that it'll happen.

If that's correct, then that must mean diamond dust occurred on everybody else's games yesterday as well. Or if not that, maybe it targets people grouped together in possibly a 10 to 30 mile radius? It might be more complicated than it seems. Oh well. Even if it doesn't do anything it's inspired me to include it in a story I'm writing ^_^

FlareDS

It cant be an area related thing because two people might have it at the same time but have bought their games from totaly different places. My diamond from the UK and pearl is from america. I would say that it's most likely a day of the week and time thing.

If I see either of these on my games I'll check the other one at the same time and see if it happens there also. It would be interesting for people to post the day and time (where they are) when they see these in this thread and we could configure a list and then people could check theirs at those times to see if they are all the same or if it's a random thing.

EmpressMyuu

Actually, when I said it could be affected by area, I mean geographically in specific regions of the globe on a certain day, not where the games were bought.

That's a cool idea, I'll post the one from yesterday.
Date: September 20, 2007
Time first seen: At about 3:35 AM
How long it lasted (could be useful): All day, until midnight

Good Lord, we've GOTTA be nerds if we're going this deep into the game! :p

feral

Well, I'm glad to relieve you of the worry that it was a glitch, because the first time I EVER saw it, I thought the same thing. I'd forgotten about this thread until now! Yesterday (I say yesterday since it's past midnight here now) on my Diamond, I was in Snowpoint and the diamond dust effect was happening again. So, I checked my Pearl game after that and...sure enough, it was happening on there too. The thunderstorm thing wasn't happening though, but with that and with whoever got a thunderstorm on their game along with their brother, it just gives me even more evidence that there's certain dates that it'll happen.

If that's correct, then that must mean diamond dust occurred on everybody else's games yesterday as well.

I had it yesterday

Team Thunderstar

Normal contest rank
wow that sounds really odd.

poke_trainer_234897

This diamond dust thing happened to me yesterday. I also thought it was a glitch first, but it was also happening in my pearl game also. The thunderstorm thing isnt new thought, there use to be thunderstorms in my ruby and sapphire games.

I remember seeing thunderstorms...but I'm not sure on which days. Never seen the Diamond Dust though, that sounds cool.

And I thought it was odd when my AC:WW town was rainy the same time it was rainy or snowy IRL. o_O

BNS

My shiny Pupitar
Actually, when I said it could be affected by area, I mean geographically in specific regions of the globe on a certain day, not where the games were bought.

That's a cool idea, I'll post the one from yesterday.
Date: September 20, 2007
Time first seen: At about 3:35 AM
How long it lasted (could be useful): All day, until midnight

Good Lord, we've GOTTA be nerds if we're going this deep into the game!

It could also be that the 2 games are part of the same group. So they get weather effects on the same day the same way they get the same swarms on the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.