• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond dust and thunderstorms! Oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmpressMyuu

Earlier today, clicking on one of the TVs on my Diamond game, it gave me a special weather report about a "diamond dust effect" over Snowpoint City. (I looked diamond dust up on Google and it's apparently a real weather condition.) I went to Snowpoint City and the snow had stopped, and instead my screen was full of little white and blue sparkles. (This had happened earlier to me and I thought it was a glitch.) At the same time, the weather changed over Route 212 from a heavy rain to a total thunderstorm.

The weird thing, though, is that both of the rare weather conditions were also happening on my Pearl version, and so it leads me to wonder, is there certain days on which it happens? Has it happened to anyone else today?

I understand that something like the diamond dust is nothing more than a pretty visual effect, but I'm quite curious. ^^;;

Digital Flareon

aka Ignis Solus
I'm sorry but, I must say this:

Pics/Vids or it didn't happen.

m15-07

EX/Ace Ruin Maniac
The weather dose change like at the marsh area first time i went thire it was light rain i went thire 2 days after and it was Thunder and Lighten storm, and also that town without poke center or poke mart witch i cant remember the beach thire was heaverly raining and i think snowpoint's weather also change once when i went thire to get Regigigas.

I think it happenes on nether time of day, day of week or random

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
if you talk to one of the NPC's in the heavy snowfall spots of Snowpoint city, he/she says that sometimes the snow stops at snowpoint and it is a very beautiful sight.

m15-07

EX/Ace Ruin Maniac
I know the changing weather is cool i found it out only 2 weeks ago when my friend went somwhere and it was Thunder and Lighten

Darkknite232

Expert Trainer
Whoa!

That Happened 2 me about the diamond dust effect though
The thunerstorm well i never saw that but it sounds cool

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
intresting at least now nearly all the weather effects are in the game except the sun condition

Azumarill girl

..I train Azumarills
Cool! I'd better see if that happens to me today! And I think my old friend had diamond dust too.

Darkrai7

<<Awesome~!
Yah once, there was a humongous storm in the little sea city on route 213. It was pretty cool... but that is one of my favorite effects in d/p when the weather can change... maybe it would be cooler if the pokemon did based on the weather!!!

mech king1

Fire trainer
sounds cool, i have had the thunderstorm but not the diamond dust effect.

I remember something about sunshine once but i diddn't check it. Now I'm wondering if it the same thing as ruby version with groudon. Has anyone else seen this?

ILoveMeSomePokemon

Ghost Hunter
Earlier today, clicking on one of the TVs on my Diamond game, it gave me a special weather report about a "diamond dust effect" over Snowpoint City. (I looked diamond dust up on Google and it's apparently a real weather condition.) I went to Snowpoint City and the snow had stopped, and instead my screen was full of little white and blue sparkles. (This had happened earlier to me and I thought it was a glitch.) At the same time, the weather changed over Route 212 from a heavy rain to a total thunderstorm.

The weird thing, though, is that both of the rare weather conditions were also happening on my Pearl version, and so it leads me to wonder, is there certain days on which it happens? Has it happened to anyone else today?

I understand that something like the diamond dust is nothing more than a pretty visual effect, but I'm quite curious. ^^;;

Awesome. I wonder if there's ever a high tide (Pearl Wave, heh), or maybe a heat wave? Probably not.

That sounds cool, are the T-Storms the same as the storms near LilyCove and Fortree in RSE? I mean does it just show flashing lights or do you actually see the lightning?

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Well, just found a link on Youtube: But, I don't feel like posting it. (Cause I'm supposed to be doing a project right now.) :) But apparently it's real.

It also gets really dark and cloudy (almost like nighttime) when approaching the area with the T-Storms happening. :) I saw that the other day for the first time too. Told my brother about it and showed him my game, and then he check his and it was also the same thing. Just south of the Hotel resort place (where you heal at) at the beach east of Pastoria is where it starts to get dark, then you hit all out T-storm in the marsh when it's happening. Pretty cool.

I can't wait to see the diamond dust thing, I haven't got to yet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.