• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond E4 Team

jab2033

Here's my in-game Diamond team. I want to have this team when I face the E4. I'm not bothering with EVs too much, but I am using the Platinum Hidden Power guy for my HP types.

Garchomp
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Strength

Garchomp is, well, Garchomp. A Swords Dance or three boosts my attack. Earthquake and Dragon Claw give me at least nuetral damage against every type. Strength is for HM purposes.

Infernape
-Flamethrower
-HP Grass
-Close Combat
-Rock Slide

Soft reseted here for HP Grass and used the Platinum HP Guy to figure out my type. Flamethrower is my most reliable STAB, along with Close Combat. Rock Slide for Flying type.

Empoleon
-Surf
-Flash Cannon
-Ice Beam
-HP Electric

Again, soft reseted for HP Electric. Along with Ice Beam provides for great coverage. Surf and Flash Cannon are my STAB moves

Luxray
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
-Crunch
-Thunder Wave

Caught Shinxes until I got the right one. Used the T-bolt + HP Ice combo for coverage, and Crunch for an additional attack. Thunder Wave for paralysis.

Honchkrow
-Night Slash
-Fly
-HP Ground
-Defog/Roost

Night Slash and Fly for STAB. HP Ground hits 2/3 of Honchkrow's weaknesses. Defog is replaced with Roost after I no longer need the HM.

Bibarel
-Cut
-Waterfall
-Rock Smash
-Rock Climb

And finally, my HM slave Bibarel.

That's about it. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Garchomp needs Fire Fang, Fire Blast or Rock Slide for additional coverage. Strength
can replace Waterfall on Bibarel the HM slave because Strength is probably used
more often.

Flash Cannon is an inferior STAB, so Empoleon should be using Agility.

Crunch really serves no purpose on Luxray, Super Power gets rid of Steel/Ground
hybrids which wall you completely. Your Lux is special oriented so it should be
fine. Another option is to make it a Scarf set and replace T-wave.

You're really QuakEdge weak, everyone other than Chomp & the slave, so.
Think about Torterra or Breloom somewhere in there.

jab2033

Garchomp needs Fire Fang, Fire Blast or Rock Slide for additional coverage. Strength
can replace Waterfall on Bibarel the HM slave because Strength is probably used
more often.

Flash Cannon is an inferior STAB, so Empoleon should be using Agility.

Crunch really serves no purpose on Luxray, Super Power gets rid of Steel/Ground
hybrids which wall you completely. Your Lux is special oriented so it should be
fine. Another option is to make it a Scarf set and replace T-wave.

You're really QuakEdge weak, everyone other than Chomp & the slave, so.
Think about Torterra or Breloom somewhere in there.

There's a problem with the bolded: Honchkrow's immune to EQ. So it's not just those two.

Actually I do have a Torrterra currently. I was going to replace it with Garchomp but I suppose I could include it on my main team. Any suggestions on where to include it? I suppose I could keep training it and add it to my team when I face the E4, replacing the Slave.

According to Serebii's Pokedex, Superpower is a physical move so that wouldn't help me as much. And I do hit ground types with HP Ice. Steel types are handled by Infernape.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
There's a problem with the bolded: Honchkrow's immune to EQ. So it's not just those two.
QuakEdge = Earthquake + Stone Edge
According to Serebii's Pokedex, Superpower is a physical move so that wouldn't help me as much. And I do hit ground types with HP Ice. Steel types are handled by Infernape.
I meant, when it's together.
so Rock+Ground or Steel+Ground types can take your Hp Ice with ease, so
Super Power is a good wallbreaking move and doesnt force you to switch because
your luxray is special oriented.

Torterra@Life Orb / Leftovers
Adamant / Overgrow
-Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
-Rock Slide
-Synthesis / Earthquake
-Curse / Swords Dance / Rock Polish

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
Sounds good, except i would give infernape grass knot once you find it, as it is much better than hp in my opinion, and id have luxray learn ice fang via move tutor rather than hp. other than that its a solid team

jab2033

Sounds good, except i would give infernape grass knot once you find it, as it is much better than hp in my opinion, and id have luxray learn ice fang via move tutor rather than hp. other than that its a solid team

I do have grass knot, but HP grass hits pure water types better. I do have trouble with Gyarados, but it won't be much more of a problem once I get Rock Slide.

As far as Torterra, I was planning on:

Item: Quick Claw
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Synthesis

Earthquake and Wood Hammer for STAB, and Crunch to hit things immune to EQ, usually Psychics or Ghosts with Levitate. Synthesis to heal WH recoil. Quick claw actually works fairly well on my Torterra.

Of course, with Torterra on my team, I have 2 things 4x weak to Ice. Ice types may be rare in-game, but they are there. Any other suggestions?