• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond or Pearl? Which is better for anime fans???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Pearl is overrated.^. Most people get Pearl because they are either A. Girl. B. Like Palkia. And most people get Diamond because they are A. Boy or B. Homophobic, so they don't ever accociate themselves with the color pink.

I'm getting Pearl because it was mentioned in the Discovery Discussions topic that Magby/Magmar have a 50% of carrying TM Flamethrower in Pearl.

But Paul does have a Murkrow, doesn't he? In that case, I'd go with Diamond if you're wanting to really try and get all the major anime pokemon characters. :)

We haven't actually seen him with the damn thing in the actual show yet, even in the Japanese run.

Last edited:

spysrs2

I'm not getting a DS till my birthday(4 days) so I'm getting pearl although my friend is getting pearl because he knows 3 people that are getting diamond. So I would go with pearl because Palkia looks way cooler than Dialka.

Aidron

Tragically Delicious
I'm getting Pearl because it was mentioned in the Discovery Discussions topic that Magby/Magmar have a 50% of carrying TM Flamethrower in Pearl.

We haven't actually seen him with the damn thing in the actual show yet, even in the Japanese run.

Actually, I've seen pictures online of him with a Murkrow either on his shoulder or nearby. I thought I had seen them on Serebii, but maybe not. I have seen them though. Perhaps it was under unique circumstances and not truly a pokemon of his? [shrugs]

Raissou

Water Pokemon lover
I'm getting pearl because my brother likes diamond.
I like misdreavus better than murkrow anyways.

Nightshroud

I got both cause I want the exclusive pokemon, but also if I get stuck on one game, then I can play the other..

But that's just me.. ^_^

im getting pearl because i get the red games (red, gold, ruby, firered and pearl) and my sister gets the blue games (blue, silver, but lugia is still MY favourite, saphire, leafgreen and diamond) also palkaia is cool

p.s. i am a boy and not a n00b because i have been playing pokemon sinse pokemon yellow.

peterrab

I got Pearl cos of Glameow, and there is less people with Pearl so the exclusives will be more in demand, so I would go with Pearl.

Mahou-Blastoise

Kibou no hikari
Hey, NewBrock!

You can get both Bonsly (love the lil' guy!) and Mime Jr. in each game, and what it's referring to is exactly what you're wondering about... their rarity. Bonsly is more common in Pearl, Mime Jr. more common in Diamond. You can still get both, but I believe you will also get them earlier on in the game depending on your version (again, Bonsly for Pearl and Mime Jr. for Diamond).

Starly, Carnivine, Weavile, and Chatot are all available in both versions, with the same chance of appearance. I know all three starters appear in the anime, so if you want all of those, you will have to trade someone... and I happen to have all three so when I've started breeding I'd be happy to hand one of whichever 2 you don't have over. :)

If you want to know about the appearance percentage of any other Pokemon, and where they appear, look here: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/

Just pick the Pokemon you want to know about and it will tell you practically everything you'd ever want to know, including where they are and how often they are likely to appear.

Hope that helped, if you need anything else feel free to ask.

P.S. If you're looking for games close to the anime, Pokemon Yellow was very close to the earlier seasons. Jesse, James & Meowth battle you on occasion, you get Pikachu as your first pokemon, and can get Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle... even a Lv. 9 or so Pidgeotto, re-creating Ash's own adventure pretty much. :)

I didn't realize that it listed rarity under each Pokemon, I kept looking around for some sort of rarity list. This actually helps though as I can just skim the list and see who I can catch.

Now, the question is...if Bonsly is only available in Diamond at the Pokemon Mansion is there only one available per game, or can I grab multiples? I'd really like to get one to evolve into Sudowoodo and have another to just keep as a really powerful Bonsly. Or maybe create an army of Bonsly's (now that's a scary thought).

And in answer to ForeverFlame, I am leaning toward Diamond because it seems the more masculine choice, but I'm by no means a homophobe. I am also leaning more towards a time Pokemon as I love time travel stuff (The "Back to the Future" trilogy being some of my favorite movies), but if it's better for newbies anyway, I'm not ashamed to say that I am a noob.
A third and final reason for wanting Diamond is due to the fact that I have a personal interest in a particular "Diamond" exclusive Pokemon, but I'll leave it at that. And while it's not Stunky, a farting Pokemon might be amusing to own. :)

i agree, pearl will be more suitable because mime jr is to rare i have seen it in forums and stuff, but i havent received my gaem i will in a few hours :D

Yes, I believe you can catch multiple Bonsly in the mansion in Diamond, they're just rare.

If worse comes to worse, and there IS only one in Diamond (doubt it, but there's a possibility), you can always breed for more Bonsly.

I am not absolutely 'certain' about Bonsly and Mime Jr. being one-offs (for example, only one Bonsly per each Diamond game), but I doubt it. If it was, Serebii's pokedex (which again has always been very accurate I've found) would have said there was only one or referred to it as a one-off I'm sure.

But Paul does have a Murkrow, doesn't he? In that case, I'd go with Diamond if you're wanting to really try and get all the major anime pokemon characters. :)

And even more so, since you are leaning toward Diamond, just go ahead and get that one. What you can't find/don't have in your version, you can use the GTS (Global Trading System) to get it or trade with people on these boards. It's very easy to do, and I've had nothing but success with both.

Uhh, you guys do you know that Bonsly is Pearl exclusive and Mime Jr is Diamond exclusive, right? They're not obtainable in the opposite version AT ALL, they're only obtainable through trading with a friend or online.

Status
Not open for further replies.