• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl Help Thread (Deluxe Edition - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 11515

The other one was quite long and spammy, so I decided to restart it.

Before posting, make sure you check:

The Site
Walkthroughs for Diamond from GameFAQs
Walkthroughs for Pearl from GameFAQs
Or, this nice FAQ prepared by Volteon. :)

FAQ - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

Q1 - How do I get National Dex?
A: You must see every Pokémon from Sinnoh Pokedex and beat Elite Four. Dialga/Palkia can be added in Pokedex reading a book in Celestic Town in Cynthia's house (Biggest house in city). Then all the other Pokémon can be seen battling with trainers in Sinnoh.
After you accomplish those, go to Rowan's Lab and he'll give you National Dex with PokéRadar.
~~A link about where to find all Pokémon for National déx~~
EDIT: According to Jigglychu, you don't need to beat E4 to get National Déx. Just acquire all 150 Sinnoh Pokémon registred in Sinnoh Déx (excluding Manaphy).

Q2 - How do I get to Route 224?
A: Get National Dex and go through Victory Road's last room. An entrance someone was blocking is now free and after a quest with Marley and her Arcanine, you'll get to the route. You may need HMs to go there.

Q3 - How do I get to Wi-Fi? Do I have to pay?
You need broadband internet and Nintendo's USB connector or a wireless router. Everything is well explained here.

Q4 - I battled with 12 Gastly holding Power Lens and it just got +2 Special Attack! What's wrong? Shouldn't it get +15?

A: No. The Pokémon doesn't get immediate EVs during a level up. EVs are gradually considered and they'll all be added when a Pokémon reaches level 100. Even if it's in Wi-Fi.

Q5 - How do I chain for shinies?
A very well explained guide even with videos is here
Remember the random encounter for shiny Pokémon is 1/8192. With PokeRadar, chaining to get a shiny is easier, but unfortunately you can't chain for overworld Pokémon, like Drifloon, Rotom, legendaries overall or Pokémon found in surf/fish areas.

Q6 - How do I soft reset?
Hold L+R+Start+Select. Soft resetting makes your battery live longer and works faster when compared with just Turning off/on.

Q7 - How can I get Feebas and how can I evolve it?
A: Feebas is probably the rarest Pokémon found in wild. They are found in Mt.Coronet. Fishing with Old Rod will give you higher chances to find it faster because all this Rod gets is Magikarp and Feebas.
To evolve Feebas is reccomended you save before feeding Feebas Poffins. Then give it Poffins made by Ganlon or Pamtre berries. Ganlon berries can be found in 3D games (Colosseum, XD, PBR) and Pamtre can be found in Amity Square random encounter.
There's this video in YouTube that will help you.

Q8 - Do I need Wi-Fi to go to Sinnoh's Underground?
A: No. DS will simply start it's wireless function, you won't need Wi-Fi or someone next to you to go Underground.
You can go there by yourself to dig for fossils and create your secret base.

Q9 - I tried to release an Azumarril but it returned!? Is my game glitched?
A: It's not glitched. When a Pokémon knows an HM that no other Pokémon has in your box and you release it, the Pokémon will return. Just teach the HM it knows to another Pokémon and it should be fine.

Q10 - I deposited a Pokémon in GTS and after a few months I went check GTS and it disappeared!?
A: It is normal. It is explained in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl's guide that comes with your game that a Pokémon can disapear from GTS.

Q11 - Where can I find Move Relearner, Nickname rater and Move deleter?
A: Relearner is in Pastoria City, in a house near the lake.
Nickname rater is an oldman in Eterna city in building next to the market.
Move deleter is in Canalave Town in a house below Pokémon market.

Q12 - Where can I find <insert TM here>?
A: Check this. There's a complete list there.

Q13 - I heared Pokémon that requires trading can evolve without trading with someone, is that true?
A: Yes. more info in this thread.

Q14 - How can I do the cloning glitch in DP's GTS? Is it safe?
Check this thread for it. And yes, you must not worry about your game file and must not pay attention to those who said file got corrupted. it's 100% safe.

Please don't post repeatedly, you'll get help eventually. >_>;
Also, please don't post "thank you" posts. These are spammy. Edit your original post with the thanks. ^^;
Also, don't post questions that have been answered by the FAQ. You will be infracted ;)

Have... fun..

Last edited by a moderator:

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
Ok, How many lick does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Just kidding, but I do have a lagit question about pokemon! Ok, I have no clue where I read this before but I once read something about "Stat Passing." And from what I remember, Stat Passing is when two pokemon breed and pass down IV. Aparently the mother passes tanking stats and the father sweeping. My question is, is that true? I hope that doesn't sound too dumb...I just don't know where I've seen it before and I've looked all over for the article I read! TT_TT Well, thanks in advance! ^^

EDIT: Thank you Volt. ^^

Last edited:
I accidently taught a male skarmory stealth rock,roar and roost.I forgot drill peck was a egg
move.Is there any way i could breed one with all these moves?If there isnt should i teach it aerial ace?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Does anyone know if there will be an event Pokemon given out at this year's E4ALL?

anmefan200081

What Unown is able to be caught in D/P? All I'm finding are the F,R,I,E,N,D's in the Solaceon Ruins. Do I have to Pal Park the rest later?

mew..

What do you want?
in each of the F R I EN D chambers, there are stairs that lead to small rooms with a rock. These contain all the other unknown.

Bidoofawarness

There is a girl in the haunted house that you find rotom iin, does she do anything?

Volteon

Back I guess??
I accidently taught a male skarmory stealth rock,roar and roost.I forgot drill peck was a egg
move.Is there any way i could breed one with all these moves?If there isnt should i teach it aerial ace?
You should get other Roost/Stealth Rock/Roar TMs and breed another Skarmory to get Drill Peck (Or Brave Bird).
If you like the IVs you got, you can give it a shot, but for competitive battles, DPeck or BBird is necessary.

There is a girl in the haunted house that you find rotom iin, does she do anything?
Only to say the house is haunted ;D
She's a ghost that wanders that room when you enter the door beside it. Not much, just to haunt the house. She doesn't drop items, nothing.

You should get other Roost/Stealth Rock/Roar TMs and breed another Skarmory to get Drill Peck (Or Brave Bird).
If you like the IVs you got, you can give it a shot, but for competitive battles, DPeck or BBird is necessary.

How to get the tms again without trading?(Roar isnt required because i can breed for whirlwind)

How to get the tms again without trading?(Roar isnt required because i can breed for whirlwind)

Certain TMs can be bought at the Veilstone store (big shop place incase I am mistaken); others can be won at the game corner; other TMs are one per game so you will have to trade, have already cloned them or start over.

Alternatively you could find someone who has a male Skarmory with the desired moves and convince them to let you borrow it to breed.

Last edited:

m190049

Local psychopath
I just need to confirm...

When breeding for a Pichu with Volt Tackle, do I put the Light Ball on the Male Pikachu/Raichu/Ditto or the Female Pikachu/Raichu/Ditto?

Fedora

Shiny Male Combee
Aww, the last thread got cleaned up before I checked for an answer :D.

-I kept reading about a hidden room to Wayward Cave that contained Gible and the Earthquake TM. I checked around the area that most said it was, but the instructions were pretty vague.
I was wondering if someone could supply a little more info on the subject?

Thankyou~!

I just need to confirm...

When breeding for a Pichu with Volt Tackle, do I put the Light Ball on the Male Pikachu/Raichu/Ditto or the Female Pikachu/Raichu/Ditto?

You can attach it to either the male or female parent I believe, but it has to be the Pikachu/Raichu that holds it.

Aww, the last thread got cleaned up before I checked for an answer :D.

-I kept reading about a hidden room to Wayward Cave that contained Gible and the Earthquake TM. I checked around the area that most said it was, but the instructions were pretty vague.
I was wondering if someone could supply a little more info on the subject?

Thankyou~!

Check the image I made -
Wayward Cave hidden entrance

It's hidden out of sight underneath the Cycling Road.

Souperman22

First, I'd just like to say thanks for taking the time to answer these questions and stuff. =)

Anyway, to my question - I'm a tad stuck on the E4. I have all the right Pokemon, I can get to the champ, but I just need a place to raise their level. Any ideas for a training area, Levels 50-70?

Fedora

Shiny Male Combee
Thanks, Halcyon! Now I'll actually be able to get my Gible xD.

golduck#1

ok well i have a couple of questions for the pokeradar .

my swarm is magnemite right so i have a magnet pull magnezone. so that should make it eaiser to find magnemite right? also does the magnezone have to be first or can it be in any slot?

also for the synconize ablity does that have to be in the first slot as well for it to work?

hashmeer

True Pokemon Breeder
um...recently i have come across a pokemon with pokerus (yay!) it infected all my other pokemon in my party after i got that little message from the pokemoncenter.
what i'm asking is: how do i cure them of pokerus and if i do, what happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.