• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl Help Thread (Deluxe Edition - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

McLuvdisk

Victory Road Confusion!

I've looked over multiple faq's but cannot find the info I need. The cave you cannot enter in Victory Road until you defeat the elite four, after you lead Marley through the cave you can follow her. You go outside of Victory Road and can fight more trainers. But at the very top is a mirror. Inspecting the mirror says that you can see yourself and maybe something likes to look at itself or something. Anyone know what the point of this area is!?;139;

rippersteveM5

i hAVe A n05e
I've looked over multiple faq's but cannot find the info I need. The cave you cannot enter in Victory Road until you defeat the elite four, after you lead Marley through the cave you can follow her. You go outside of Victory Road and can fight more trainers. But at the very top is a mirror. Inspecting the mirror says that you can see yourself and maybe something likes to look at itself or something. Anyone know what the point of this area is!?;139;

I'm assuming you mean the end of the path outside: You get Oaks letter through an event, and a path opens up so you can get to Shaymin. Or you can just use AR

Jutten

Some help,

is last resort worth it,? was my question and

are these two setups for 2 diffrent pokemon any good? ingame batteling

Aipom (im not gonna evolve it)
Doubleteam
Swift
Last Resort
Attract

Lopunny
DoubleTeam
Baton Pass
Dizzy Punch
Ice Beam

Thx in advance

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Wrong thread, but anyway...

Aipom's only good in a Little Cup Battle, so rebreed or evolve. It shouldn't use Swift without Technician and Nasty Plot anyway.

Double Team is typically banned in competitive play, and Lopunny should usually utilize its fantastic support movepool. So it's not that great.

Saberu

Where is the famous "cave with zubats and golbats"?

Also, what Pokémon most resembles a strawberry? I'm making a Beatles music-themed team and I need to know. (with the eggman, the walrus, the yellow submarine, the strawberry fields, etc.)

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
If my articuno (level 100) from leaf green is traded to diamond can the move re learner teach it roost?

Knatnuks~Skuntank

<-Smells good

Also, what Pokémon most resembles a strawberry? I'm making a Beatles music-themed team and I need to know. (with the eggman, the walrus, the yellow submarine, the strawberry fields, etc.)

Don't know about the cave but maybe for the strawberry pokemon you could try a shiny jumpluff.

Edit: or a parasect

Last edited:

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪

Perhaps you are referring to Altering Cave? In Emerald it was in the eastern part of route 103 iirc, and in FireRed/LeafGreen it was located in northern Six Island iirc. Anyways, you could only find Zubats in it unless you went to events, in which case other Pokemon would appear. Pretty sure there isn't any "famous cave with Zubats and Golbats" in D/P, however.

As for a strawberry-like Pokemon, I'd recommend Wormadam [Steel] or as the above poster stated, Parasect. Or you could really stretch and use Beedrill, whose national pokedex number, 15, can be read as "ichi go" in Japanese. Coincidentally, "ichigo" can also mean "strawberry." Haha.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I kinda need help levelling up my Pokemon. I've beaten the Elite 4 and got the Nat Dex and so on, but I can't find a good place to train my Level 75 Rhyperior, 62 Houndoom and 66 Flygon. What's a good place to train? I don't like the Elite Four because it takes ages and they don't really give you heaps of experience.

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
yea, but what does the shed shell do?

It allows you to switch out. Practical uses include a Steel-type (usually Skarmory/Forretress) escaping from Magnezone's Magnet Pull.

zhanton said:
I kinda need help levelling up my Pokemon. I've beaten the Elite 4 and got the Nat Dex and so on, but I can't find a good place to train my Level 75 Rhyperior, 62 Houndoom and 66 Flygon. What's a good place to train? I don't like the Elite Four because it takes ages and they don't really give you heaps of experience.

The Elite Four is really the best place to train since their levels are high and they are trainers, so they give more experience points. Stark Mountain works if you really want to train against wild Pokemon. Rhyperior's and Flygon's Ground-type moves make quick work of the many Rock- and Fire-types to be found there. It's kind of a pain to get to, though.

Houndoom... eh. The areas north and west of the Resort Area have many Bug- and Grass-type Pokemon to fight, although they don't give off very many exp points (they're stuff like Weepinbell and Illumise).

You could also just wander around the Fight/Survival/Resort areas and the routes in between and use your Vs. Seeker to rebattle the trainers around there. I believe one trainer has a Chansey; find her and there you have it. Exp galore, haha.

NINTONDO[X]CORE

Steel Trainer
Ok, i'm not new to this, but i have a strange question. From my experience, if you use dig, then whilst underground, only moves like Earthquake and Magnitude can hit you. But while against a Ninja with Geodudes, i made my Machamp to use dig on several occasions and each time it's been hit with a variety of moves, like Selfdestruct, Rock throw and Rock blast. Is this a glitch, or have i missed this all along?

Last edited:

Dig-kun

Hi!
I was EV training SAT at Old Chateau, and when I entered the 4th room at the 2nd floor (left from right)
A little girl appeared on the 5th and got out of the room and so did I
But she wasnt out, I looked all over the house, but she´s not there

Can someone please explain me what hell is that?

thanks in advance
=D

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
NINTONDO[X]CORE;8784093 said:
Ok, i'm not new to this, but i have a strange question. From my experience, if you use dig, then whilst underground, only moves like Earthquake and Magnitude can hit you. But while against a Ninja with Geodudes, i made my Machamp to use dig on several occasions and each time it's been hit with a variety of moves, like Selfdestruct, Rock throw and Rock blast. Is this a glitch, or have i missed this all along?

Your machamp has the ability "No Guard".

That ability is both a blessing and a curse, because every attack you or your opponent use will always hit.

@Dig-Kun, that little girl is a ghost, you can't find her because she doens't exist anywhere except in that room, and the only time you can see her is if your in the room next to it.

Shiny Noctowl

Where's a complete list of all locations in D/P (including ones like "Lovely Place" that aren't reachable in-game)?

Dig-kun

@Dig-Kun, that little girl is a ghost, you can't find her because she doens't exist anywhere except in that room, and the only time you can see her is if your in the room next to it.

I noticed she was kinda ghost, cuz in Old Chateau, u know, would be unusual to find a commom girl there
But doesnt she do anything else?
Just appear there?
¬¬
Thought something cool was gonna happen
¬¬

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
No, nothing happens when the Old Chateau girl appears.

Right, so I was making some random formulas, for some stuff, like Weather damage and Life Orb damage, and what not, and I want to make sure these formulas are correct:
Life Orb damage=Current HP-[Current HP-(Math.Floor(Max HP/3))]
Weather damage=Current HP-[Math.Floor(Max HP/16)]

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Life Orb only takes off 1/10th of your health, I'm not sure from where you're getting 1/3rd. It should be identical to that of the Weather Damage formula, except for replacing Max HP/16 to Max HP/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.