• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl Help Thread (Deluxe Edition - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

halo man311

Advanced Trainer
I got the mewtwo and transferd him to Diamond.

Last question about mewtwo... What moves should it know?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I got the mewtwo and transferd him to Diamond.

Last question about mewtwo... What moves should it know?

What moves do we think it should know? That all depends on what you're using it for. If you're just using it in game, you can pretty much just give it all attacks and do fine.

Khamul

Fail Meister
Are egg moves inherited only through the father or can it be inherited from a mother as well? Take for example when you breed a male poliwhirl with hypnosis and a female feebas with dragon pulse, will the offspring have both moves?

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
Are egg moves inherited only through the father or can it be inherited from a mother as well? Take for example when you breed a male poliwhirl with hypnosis and a female feebas with dragon pulse, will the offspring have both moves?

Only by the father. In your example only Hypnosis will be passed down to the offspring. Fathers pass down Egg Moves and mothers pass down natures(if the mother holds an everstone).

Azure Flame

So pokemon can't have more than one egg move?

They can. If the father has more than one move the baby can learn through breeding, it'll get those moves.

DieChavsDie

Just a question on breeding.

Is it possible to get Head Smash on a baby Relicanth - by breeding 2 Relicanth that have the move?

Also, is it possible to have Egg Moves on the baby Relicanth, alongside Head Smash.

Would either of these outcomes produce a baby Relicanth with both Head Smash and Aqua Tail?:

Male Relicanth with both Head Smash and Aqua Tail and Female Relicanth with Head Smash breeding

Both Male and Female Relicanth having both Head Smash and Aqua Tail and breeding

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
Just a question on breeding.

Is it possible to get Head Smash on a baby Relicanth - by breeding 2 Relicanth that have the move?

Also, is it possible to have Egg Moves on the baby Relicanth, alongside Head Smash.

Would either of these outcomes produce a baby Relicanth with both Head Smash and Aqua Tail?:

Male Relicanth with both Head Smash and Aqua Tail and Female Relicanth with Head Smash breeding

Both Male and Female Relicanth having both Head Smash and Aqua Tail and breeding

Only egg moves and moves that are teachable to the offspring through TM/HM will be passed down. Headsmash, in Relicanth's case, is just a usual level-up move. So the answer is no.

The offspring will inherit all the egg moves & TM/HM moves it can learn which are on the fathers moveset.

EDIT: checked on smogon. I was wrong, sorry:/

If both parents know the level-up move, it will be passed down to the offspring as well.

The first & the second scenario that you stated will cause the offspring to have Aqua Tail & HeadSmash.

Last edited:

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
actually, if both parents know a move that the offspring can learn via level up, ther is a chance it will be born knowing this move

blaknwite

Is it a good idea to EV train a pokemon's highest natural stats regardless of what they are or is it better to just EV attack, Sp Attack, and or Speed and ignore the defense/HP EVs?

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
Is it a good idea to EV train a pokemon's highest natural stats regardless of what they are or is it better to just EV attack, Sp Attack, and or Speed and ignore the defense/HP EVs?

It is so much better to EV a pokemon's highest natural stats. There are some pokemon in which this is not the case. Smogon's Blissey moveset tells you to EV train it in Defense even when it has a terrible Defense stat.

blaknwite

Are you thinking of the characteristics? If, then they describes IV's.
If you're not sure about what IV's is, take a look at this first:
http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml
If you don't understand, ask at the forum.

Ive gone through that before but it still seems like all they discuss is the nature, maybe I just dont understand but I'm talking about the stuff like

"somewhat vain"
"likes to run"
"proud of it's power"

I thought these had to do with stats as well but no one seems to mention them, most people just worry about nature so do these things mean anything?

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
They do, but they're hardly as important as IVs. More or less, they're indicators. This chart tells you which corresponds to particular IVs. It always shows the highest IV. If there are multiple "highest IVs," it picks a random one.

blaknwite

They do, but they're hardly as important as IVs. More or less, they're indicators. This chart tells you which corresponds to particular IVs. It always shows the highest IV. If there are multiple "highest IVs," it picks a random one.

o ok that makes sense now. So if I get a great nature on a pokemon but a not so great personality i should just take it then right, it's not that big a deal?

Lil Stew

Arceus...

Is there a legitimate way to get Arceus yet? I haven't played Diamond in a while, so I don't know...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
o ok that makes sense now. So if I get a great nature on a pokemon but a not so great personality i should just take it then right, it's not that big a deal?

It can be a big deal, it can tell you whether or not you have 31 IVs in a stat, but it could also mean your highest is 11. It always pays to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.