• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl Help Thread (Deluxe Edition - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Atoyont said:
But, if it came from a 3rd Generation Game, it could still change into Pickup, due to how the way the natures work between the games (one of them uses numbers 0-127 and 128-255, the other changes it depending if it's even or odd).
So beware of that.
You got the concept right, but this is not the case for Aipom.
This only happens when a Pokémon has an Ability added. Aipom in 3rd gen has two Abilities, Pick Up (first 127 numbers) and Run Away (128 above). In 4th gen they are (very probably) programed the same way, which means, nothing changes.
...unless game creators made this a 100% gamble... but I don't think so.

This is true though for Porygon, Clefairy, Mankey, Tyrogue, Spheal, etc.

EDIT: And Lishus13, how about the first page FAQ? o_o

Last edited:

Narumaru

<---- Favorite Shiny
I have questions abot hacks.

1.If I clone a poken with the GTS is the pokemon still legit?

2.if I breed a hacked pokemon is the bred pokemon considered hacked?

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Well, people have different opinions on whether cloning a Pokémon makes it legit or not. So it depends on who you talk to. Most find no problem with it, though.

eonmaster_457

I have questions abot hacks.

1.If I clone a poken with the GTS is the pokemon still legit?

2.if I breed a hacked pokemon is the bred pokemon considered hacked?

1. Yes, it is. Although to some specific people, cloning for them is a way of hacking, or cheating. It's alright with me though.

Unless of course, the one you clone is a hack.

2. Yes it is. This gives meaning to the phrase:

Tell me who your parents are, and I'll tell you who you are.

Wiway

Conqueror of Isshu
Need some help,it´s very important!
Where in D/P can I find the "wise glasses"?
In the item list of serebii.net it´s said that I can find it in Celestic Town from 8.00am to 3.59pm but I didn´t find it there.I read on another page that it´s found in the Celestic Town shop,there´s a guy with glasses I talked to but instead of giving me the wise glasses he gave me the blackglasses.Does anybody know what I can do now to get that item?I really need it!

Volteon

Back I guess??
Have you tried gathering both information?

Celestic Town, Glasses man, the time is wrong btw. it is...

8PM~4AM = Black Glasses
4AM~10AM = Choice Specs
Rest = Wise Glasses.

I'm not 100% sure of the time, but it's pretty much this.

Wiway

Conqueror of Isshu
But can you get all three of those items if you talk to this guy at the right time?I´ve tried at 3.30pm today and some days ago I did at 3.50pm and according to every information I could find about where and when to find the wise glasses I would have got it but I haven´t!I really don´t know why but either you can get only one of those three items or the information about the wise glasses is wrong...

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
No, you can get all of the Items in the same game.
I think that Volteon got the Blackglasses and Wise Glasses mixed up, since the Blackglasses are given when it's light out (which makes sense).

Wiway

Conqueror of Isshu
Hey,I tried it again one second ago and found out,that you get the wise glasses at night instead of the blackglasses!
It´s how I said,the information about that Item seemed to be wrong!:D
But at least I´ve got the wise glasses,that´s all I wanted!:)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
how do you make sure that the pokemon that you are evolving will get the right ability?

ex. aipom-pickup/technician
ambipom-pickup/technician

It's depends on a SET Hidden Value. You'll get one and be stuck with it. Most cases it will stay the same if they have the same Ability. Bunery will keep Klutz when Evolves to Lopunny, But "Run Away" will turn in to Cute Charm.

The only Problem is with 3rd Gen Pokémon, is noticed in the Machop line is that in 3rd gen it had Guts, now it may turn in to either Gut or No Guard for that Pokémon, when evolving. (Resetting won't help.)

With Aipom Run-Away will turn in Technician. Pick up will stay after Evo.

Volteon

Back I guess??
how do you make sure that the pokemon that you are evolving will get the right ability?

ex. aipom-pickup/technician
ambipom-pickup/technician
Or look at the first posts in this page ... with the exact same example!!

How much accuracy does wide lens increase?
Wide Lens is +10%. So Draco Meteor would have 99% chance of hitting instead of 90%.

Last edited:

nathandan

i have a question about diamond. sorry if i sound really noobish.

i caught all my pokemon fairly but when i go to summery and where it says id. all the id's are the same.

is something wrong with my game or is it normal.

i have a question about diamond. sorry if i sound really noobish.

i caught all my pokemon fairly but when i go to summery and where it says id. all the id's are the same.

is something wrong with my game or is it normal.

That is normal.

When you start a new savefile, you(the character you play as, rather) are assigned an ID. number. Every Pokémon that you capture or hatch on that file will be tagged with your OT and ID. number, to show that you are the original trainer.

It has been this way since the first games =3

Souperman22

I'm trying to EV train my fresh-from-turnback cave Giratina into a Smogon-recommended set, but have a question about EV training:

If I run away from a Pokemon I don't want the EV from, do I get stuck with that EV? Or do I only get them when I win?

Status
Not open for further replies.