• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl Help Thread (Deluxe Edition - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryonai

Shouro's employee
Thanks, I see.

Another question, is the lax incense consumed when a single Munchlax is born?

Ryonai

Shouro's employee
Nope the Incenses can be used over and over.

Nice, thank you very much Hydrohs. Looking for munchlax on the trees was kinda boring.

The Flash

I like shorts!
should go in the FAQ section but i'll tell you anyway. Go to Pastoria and in one house there is the move relearner, give him a heart scale. and select the move wood hammer.

Ammako

Go on Route 210 (The foggy part.)
Go up onto the mountain.
As soon as you arrive up the stairs, walk to the right..
Use Rock Climb twice.
Battle the Ace Trainer.
Continue to the right.
There you go. Grandma Wilma's house.

2G+PN

2nd GEN+ PokéNazi
Camouflage and STAB??

How does this work, will the STAB give me a bonus AFTER my type change (therefore taking away my previous STAB)....or does it keep my old STAB bonus and just change my type doing nothing at all to the STAB?

TogeticTheRuler

If you used lets say, flamethrower AFTER you got turned into a firetype, then its stabbed, using flamethrower before being a firestype makes it unstabbed. So its all about speed really.

Tiomasta

Not amused
The STAB is always your current type. Every time your type changes, your STAB changes as well.

Since my thread was pointlessly closed, I need to ask here...

Are there any tactics that can help in the catching of a SHINY MESPRIT or CRESELLIA? Other legendary pokemon are a bit easier... save, challenge, soft reset until you get a shiny. Considering the fact that these two pokemon are roamers, I figure someone's developed a better method that can help...

For example, if I'm in the same area as them, and I save, will soft reseting cause them to move?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Since my thread was pointlessly closed, I need to ask here...

Are there any tactics that can help in the catching of a SHINY MESPRIT or CRESELLIA? Other legendary pokemon are a bit easier... save, challenge, soft reset until you get a shiny. Considering the fact that these two pokemon are roamers, I figure someone's developed a better method that can help...

For example, if I'm in the same area as them, and I save, will soft reseting cause them to move?

You thread was closed because this is where small questions are supposed to be asked. It wasn't pointless at all.

There is only one way to SR for a shiny roamer. Save, talk to it, find it, reset and start again if not shiny.

goinGreen

<-I herd u Liek me?
I've gotten a Shiny Pichu and a Normal Pichu. I can't decide which one I want... the IV's are listed below, along with natures. I have two light balls, so I can use both (I'd love to try pulling off a Pikachu team on PBR... but anyway, continuing...)

The Non-Shiny: Timid @ Light Ball, with 23/0/20/31/25/14 IV's. Male. (Note: It's already a pikachu, at level 4. I walked. A lot. But it was a Pichu when I found the stats)
The Shiny: Calm @ Light Ball, with 22/0/10/31/25/31 IV's. Female. (Note: I'm going to make this a Pikachu, but it isn't yet.)

I love the parents... these two hatched Pichu are about as close as brother/sister as I can get. I found the stats by doing the Fortune battle on PBR to find lv. 100 stats and then used MetalKid's IV calculator. Anyway, I'm wondering which one I should use. Ultimately, they'll have about the same Special Attack after I EV invest. The non-shiny will get the speed boost through ability, but the shiny will get the speed boost through IV's. Neither will be a physical attacker, considering they both have zero attack IV's and both have attack hindering natures. I figured the calm one would have a little more resistance to the random sp. attack someone thinks they can get away with or a weak earth power, considering it has above average Sp.Def and a Sp.Def raising ability.

Any opinions on this subject?

Oh, and I have a 31 Sp.Attk IV/Modest Giratina which I plan to use via wi-fi battle on PBR... but you can't use Origin forme on Wi-Fi. (I'd normally send it to platinum for the Platinum Orb.) Is it worth using the normal Giratina as a special attacker?

That's all. Your opinions/criticism would be appreciated. Thanks. I'm keeping all three as pokemon, but I want to know which Pichu/Pikachu would be better for battling and whether or not the Giratina is worth using.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.