• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl Help Thread (Deluxe Edition - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Random question (because it's been bugging me all day) what else do I need to upgrade to a Black Trainer Card?

All I know is:
1. Beat E4
2. Catch all non-event related Pokemon
3. Get a Master-Rank Ribbon
4. ?
5. ?

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Get 50 underground flags.
Get 100 straight wins at the Battle Tower.

ah, right right. 100 straight... I'll never be able to accomplish that =/
I'll give a try though. thanks a lot.

MegaLeafeon

Hey. I'm currently replaying my Pearl version. I recently took a break from Platinum (I'm playing just about all of them. long story), and I noticed that the level curve in Pearl is actually more difficult than it is in Platinum. That said, I want to train my guys to be ready for the Elite Four. Right now I'm going to fight the 7th Gym Leader, and most of them are at level 50 at least. I know that's high right now, but they're only at that level because I spent a week training them at Iron Island. I had the idea of trading them to Platinum, seeing as though I already beat the game, so I get a boosted experience and level them up faster. It seems fair to me, but I want to know something: what are the side effects of trading your Pokemon over to another one of your versions asides from boosted experience. (I don't want anyone saying I'm cheap for doing that, because they are all my games anyways!) Thanks!

Hey. I'm currently replaying my Pearl version. I recently took a break from Platinum (I'm playing just about all of them. long story), and I noticed that the level curve in Pearl is actually more difficult than it is in Platinum. That said, I want to train my guys to be ready for the Elite Four. Right now I'm going to fight the 7th Gym Leader, and most of them are at level 50 at least. I know that's high right now, but they're only at that level because I spent a week training them at Iron Island. I had the idea of trading them to Platinum, seeing as though I already beat the game, so I get a boosted experience and level them up faster. It seems fair to me, but I want to know something: what are the side effects of trading your Pokemon over to another one of your versions asides from boosted experience. (I don't want anyone saying I'm cheap for doing that, because they are all my games anyways!) Thanks!

one of them is that they won't obey you but im guessing your far enough into the game were its not really a problem. If your really having that many problems with the ideo, go spend about a hour or so steal a lucky egg from a chansey. youll get the same boosted exp, but it'll still be on your game

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
@MegaLeafeon, the only problem I can think of is that they will gain less EVs, but by lvl 50 they should already be maxed out, and EVs aren't really anything to worry about in game anyway. At the point of the game where you are, its perfectly fine.

PS. Trading pokemon from one game to another resets their happiness so be aware of that.

MegaLeafeon

@MegaLeafeon, the only problem I can think of is that they will gain less EVs, but by lvl 50 they should already be maxed out, and EVs aren't really anything to worry about in game anyway. At the point of the game where you are, its perfectly fine.

PS. Trading pokemon from one game to another resets their happiness so be aware of that.

Yeah...well...most of them are at level 50, except for my Bronzong being 47, but that doesn't even bother me too much. He's my tank for this team. As far as I can tell, I have 2 methods to level up my guys: just happen to find a Lucky Egg, or just trade them into another version that I'm currently playing. The latter method is easier, but requires 2 DS's, which I can use my bros. The only drawback I see with it is it being too easy, but after spending a whole week training them...I want a break. =)

Also, when they are traded and their happiness resets, I can bring it back up even if they are at level 100 right?

MegaLeafeon

NinjaBaker

Is it true that if you defeat Giratina in the distortion world, you will be able to battle it again after you beat the game in turnback cave?

;487-o;

razor fire

Is it true that if you defeat Giratina in the distortion world, you will be able to battle it again after you beat the game in turnback cave?

;487-o;

yes. 10char

This is the D/P thread.

Last edited:
Hey, I read somewhere (can't remember where) that you get more BP the more times you beat Palmer in Pearl. I beat him for the second time in a row and still only got 20 BP. Do I have to beat him more times?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hey, I read somewhere (can't remember where) that you get more BP the more times you beat Palmer in Pearl. I beat him for the second time in a row and still only got 20 BP. Do I have to beat him more times?

You should get more BP when you beat him on your 49th streak than on your 21st.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero

No it means the second round you face him after like 48 straight wins is when you earn more BP for beating him.

Chimecho3000

Palmer always gives 20BP, regardless of the streak.

razor fire

But you will get more BP from the other streaks though.

Mare

CHANSEY hunter!
Could this lil' combo potentially work?

*If I'm in the wrong section, sorry.*

Now, its probably been used before but I've been thinking about it and I havn't heard any news from anyone about it through out my pokemon experience.

Basicly, Smeargle with Camoflouge and batonpass + Shedinja.

Smeargle uses Camoflouge to become "normal" type.
Smeargle uses batonPass to switch into Shedinja who gets the effect of Camoflouge making it a normal type aswell meaning its only weakness is Fighting giving it abit of an edge overs its usual 5 weaknesses.

I'm not sure if Camoflouge would "Fail" when smeargle uses it because he is already a normal type.

Anyone got the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.