• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl Help Thread (Deluxe Edition - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

King Edwin

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I have a question that has been bugging me for a while.
You know how sometimes when your cooking poffins, it tells you to change the direction you are moving your stylus in? Does that actually matter if you do or do not change directions when it tells you to?

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
I have a question that has been bugging me for a while.
You know how sometimes when your cooking poffins, it tells you to change the direction you are moving your stylus in? Does that actually matter if you do or do not change directions when it tells you to?

No; there wasn't a significant difference in the level of the Poffin that was made when I tried making one first by changing directions when it told me to, then by completely ignoring the directions and stirring one way the whole time. They were both the same level.

No; there wasn't a significant difference in the level of the Poffin that was made when I tried making one first by changing directions when it told me to, then by completely ignoring the directions and stirring one way the whole time. They were both the same level.
Actually if u stir it in one direction it will always take one minute which means a not very good poffin.If u follow the directiion it will take less time and u will get good poffins.

hashmeer

True Pokemon Breeder
So in the IV calculator, enter your attack stat, and then in the EV's you'd enter however many attack EV's you earned, up to 255.

and how do i know how many i've earned? ( i really am brand spankin' new to Ev's and IV's)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
and how do i know how many i've earned? ( i really am brand spankin' new to Ev's and IV's)

EVs are earned when that Pokémon gains Exp. How much and Which Stat depends on what Pokémon it is. (A Level 100 Magikarp will give the same EVs as a Lv 1 Magikarp, which is 1 Speed. See here: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/129.shtml)

A Freshly Caught or hatch Pokémon as no EVs.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Is there anyway to determine how many berries you will get per tree? The most I have gotten is 5 berries while using Growth fertilizer. Could I get any better?

It depends on the berry.
Several Berries, such as the Pecha, actually have a Max Harvest of 5. http://www.serebii.net/berrydex-dp/

Bluk has a Top Harvest of 10

Jutten

Is this Blissy any good,

Oke i put my Lopunny 52 for trade for ANY Blissy cuz i was to lazy to make chansey happy enough at the same time as togepie

so i got a level 100 Blissy called NurseJoy (weird huh)

now i am wondering how good that Blissy is, i cant rlly imagin that it owns but whatever here goes

Blissy: NurseJoy
Bold Nature
Item: None (Leftovers??? Focus Sash???)

Hp: 700
Attack: 22
Defense: 130
Sp, Atk: 155
Sp, Def: 319
Speed: 146

Ability: Natural Cure (All status problems are healed upon switching out.

Attacks:
ThunderWave: 32/32
Seismic Toss: 32/32
Softboiled: 16/16
Aromatherapy: 8/8

So is this any good? it sais

Solaceon Town
Apparently met at
Lv. 1.
Capable of taking hits.
Likes sour food.

Thx all

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Is this Blissy any good,

Oke i put my Lopunny 52 for trade for ANY Blissy cuz i was to lazy to make chansey happy enough at the same time as togepie

so i got a level 100 Blissy called NurseJoy (weird huh)

now i am wondering how good that Blissy is, i cant rlly imagin that it owns but whatever here goes

Blissy: NurseJoy
Bold Nature
Item: None (Leftovers??? Focus Sash???)

Hp: 700
Attack: 22
Defense: 130
Sp, Atk: 155
Sp, Def: 319
Speed: 146

Ability: Natural Cure (All status problems are healed upon switching out.

Attacks:
ThunderWave: 32/32
Seismic Toss: 32/32
Softboiled: 16/16
Aromatherapy: 8/8

So is this any good? it sais

Solaceon Town
Apparently met at
Lv. 1.
Capable of taking hits.
Likes sour food.

Thx all

Well first off IDK what the EV's are and I'm guessing you don't know either...so on that and it being Lv. 100 I say just start from scratch. If you use the Poke Radar on Route 209 in the huge patch byt the entrance to Hearthome then you can get some Chansey...but still I don't think that it's good..

Just tried to calculate IV's and my IV calculator isn't working...hmm...but I say get your own and start from scratch.

Volteon

Back I guess??
We may not know the IVs, but it's hacked.

Seismic Toss only comes from 3rd Gen move tutors, and this one was "hatched" on Solaceon, which means, hacked.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy

Seismic Toss only comes from 3rd Gen move tutors, and this one was "hatched" on Solaceon, which means, hacked.

Oops glazed over that nice catch Volteon. But still if you want a Blissey I suggest you get a wild Chansey and give it your EV set and such.

OJG

r u not entertained
Why am I not allowed into Lake Valor?

I've the first 4 badges already.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Why am I not allowed into Lake Valor?

I've the first 4 badges already.

You have to get 6 badges...IIRC and have to experiance the earthquake.

Jutten

i guess ill just release it then

thx for letting me know

Dig-kun

No, nothing happens when the Old Chateau girl appears.

¬¬
Ok, I just thought something good would happen with emotion and all
¬¬
They should ahve put something htere
¬¬

goinGreen

<-I herd u Liek me?
Well, I suppose this isn't help, but I want advice.

I'm leveling up my Pikachu at the moment for Special Attack EV's and Speed EV's. It has between a 14 and 17 HP IV total, 20-22 Attack IV's, 21-27 Defense IV's, 31 special attack IV's, 8-10 special defense IV's and 31 speed IV's. (Note: I brought this to the Serebii.net individual values calculator, and it but a red box around my special attack and speed. Is that good?)

(I caught this in a Chain of Pikachus in Emerald, at the Safari Zone. In the first patch of grass near the pokeblock feeder, I'd find one to the immediate left of the feeder, catch it/run/it runs, and then immediately run to the left into the patch of grass along the trees. It'd be ANOTHER Pikachu. Repeating this, I saw about 40 Pikachus in a row, and caught like, 20. I even got myself a Light Ball from one of them.)

Right now, I've been battling Ghastlys, Haunters, and Gengars, and have reached 82 special attack EV's. It has a mild nature, no held items, and is at level 31

It's gonna be the first Pokemon that I REALLY train for competing with, since I've never IV/EV trained before. I'm gonna evolve it into a Raichu for more power and more special defense, since it seems to have enough defense, But is this a good enough pokemon to train? And where should my last six EV's go to?

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Well, I suppose this isn't help, but I want advice.

I'm leveling up my Pikachu at the moment for Special Attack EV's and Speed EV's. It has between a 14 and 17 HP IV total, 20-22 Attack IV's, 21-27 Defense IV's, 31 special attack IV's, 8-10 special defense IV's and 31 speed IV's. (Note: I brought this to the Serebii.net individual values calculator, and it but a red box around my special attack and speed. Is that good?)

(I caught this in a Chain of Pikachus in Emerald, at the Safari Zone. In the first patch of grass near the pokeblock feeder, I'd find one to the immediate left of the feeder, catch it/run/it runs, and then immediately run to the left into the patch of grass along the trees. It'd be ANOTHER Pikachu. Repeating this, I saw about 40 Pikachus in a row, and caught like, 20. I even got myself a Light Ball from one of them.)

Right now, I've been battling Ghastlys, Haunters, and Gengars, and have reached 82 special attack EV's. It has a mild nature, no held items, and is at level 31

It's gonna be the first Pokemon that I REALLY train for competing with, since I've never IV/EV trained before. I'm gonna evolve it into a Raichu for more power and more special defense, since it seems to have enough defense, But is this a good enough pokemon to train? And where should my last six EV's go to?

When that red box appears, it means that those stats are to high for the current level of your pokemon, and heres the reason why;

1) When you did the IV check on your pikachu, you forgot to put the EV's in the EV box below where you input your stats, which meant your IV's were incorrect.

You must always check the IV's before you start raising the pokemon, or you must include the EV's when calculating your IV's.

Oh and i should advise you, that if your pikachu does turn out to have a 31 IV in sp.attack, then you shouldn't evolve it, because if you attatch light ball to it, it'll be stronger as a pikachu, than it will be as a raichu.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
It just randomly rains. I suppose you never got it before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.