• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl Help Thread (Deluxe Edition - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Is it possible to get a Machoke to evolve on a computer ROM? My friend told me I could make a trade with myself if I open up 2 emulators. Is this true?
It depends on the emulator. They should have info about Mutli player.. Not many support Trading BTW.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Does a Pokemon holding Big Root get more HP back when using Leech Seed? I put it on my Torterra on my current Diamond file, and haven't even checked if it made Leech Seed stronger.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Does a Pokemon holding Big Root get more HP back when using Leech Seed? I put it on my Torterra on my current Diamond file, and haven't even checked if it made Leech Seed stronger.

It strengthens the moves, so yes, they would gain more HP.

Vap8

Water Adept
Yep.
Big Root increases the amount of HP gained by draining moves by 30%.
If your Torterra is holding the Big Root Item, then yes It will gain back more HP with leech seed.
Note that this item only increases the amount of HP gained when using draining moves and not the damage inflicted on the target pokemon.

Souperman23

I'm currently SR'ing for a good Palkia, and I'm considering trying for one with a Hasty/Timid nature and 31 IV's in SPATK and SPE and at least decent IV's in the other

Question: On a scale of 1-10, measuring how good it is for trading purposes, how good is that Palkia? (With 1 being the worst, 10 the best)

Thanks!

m190049

Local psychopath
I'm currently SR'ing for a good Palkia, and I'm considering trying for one with a Hasty/Timid nature and 31 IV's in SPATK and SPE and at least decent IV's in the other

Question: On a scale of 1-10, measuring how good it is for trading purposes, how good is that Palkia? (With 1 being the worst, 10 the best)

Thanks!
Palkia is pretty much one of the Best Pokemon in Uber, with no set counter.
One that strong would be the beastliest thing ever.

Oh, and Good Luck. I was resetting for a good Palkia for months, before I had to give up, to pick up Darkrai so I had room for a Shaymin.

randomspot555

Yeah, I attempted to do this once (for IVs/nature) then got too bored.

Unfortunately, Uber battling via Wi-Fi using tiers, standard rules, etc... is pretty much dead, so lots of people like here won't care about IVs. Trading in SPPF and places like it, a shiny would fetch more attention.

And over at smogon, their Wi-Fi forum has a list of what's largely considered the best legends available. I'd say try to match or beat those.

ninjaboy00

TYPE Wild
Exploding Painters

I am trying to make a my smeargle learn explosion but dont know how to make him sketch it.
i tried double battling with my voltorb it explodes, and i revive it but sketch fails. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this?;235;

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
Ummmm.. If you can find a way to double battle a team with a pokemon that has the ability damp, I suppose it MIGHT work because damp nullifies Explosion.

Can anyone tell me a good EV spread for Mind Reader+ Sheer Cold Articuno? I want one for the battle tower.

RayOxide

Is there any pokemon that can learn the same move 2 times, other than Missingno (water gun)?

Also, I kinda screwed up probably 2-8 EV's on my pokemon, does this REALLY matter?

1: There are a lot of pokémon that learn a move twice. But they can't have them on their moveset at the same time if that's what you meant.

2: If it's the last stat you trained, no. If it isn't, yes.

Azure Flame

1: There are a lot of pokémon that learn a move twice. But they can't have them on their moveset at the same time if that's what you meant.

In addition to this I'd like to add that Missingno is not really a Pokemon, just a glitch. That is the only reason why it has two water guns. It is impossible for any real Pokemon to have something like that without hacks. And really, why would you want a Pokemon to have the same attack twice? The only benefit I can see is that it would allow you to use it more in battle.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I am trying to make a my smeargle learn explosion but dont know how to make him sketch it.
i tried double battling with my voltorb it explodes, and i revive it but sketch fails. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this?;235;

Is Smeargle using Sketch before Voltorb uses Explosion? The same thing happened to me, as Smeargle kept going before the move I wanted to Sketch. Give Smeargle a Macho Brace to cut his speed, and you should be fine.

ninjaboy00

TYPE Wild
Is Smeargle using Sketch before Voltorb uses Explosion? The same thing happened to me, as Smeargle kept going before the move I wanted to Sketch. Give Smeargle a Macho Brace to cut his speed, and you should be fine.

no Voltorb uses its move i revive it then i use sketch the moment it comes back.

Azure Flame

no Voltorb uses its move i revive it then i use sketch the moment it comes back.

I think you have to use it right after it uses it, not after it comes back. I'm not 100% sure though. I've never really liked those moves, since they KO your own Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.