• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl Help Thread (Deluxe Edition - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
2 questions:
1. Can I trade an egg from 4th gen to 4th gen?
2. Which game's ID would it have (game egg recieved or game traded/hatched)?

1. Yes
2. It would have the ID of the game it hatched in.

Hare69er

Nike Trainer
When breeding does it take do the times of producing an egg vary? such as typing or levels?

Hare69er

Nike Trainer
When breeding do the times of producing an egg vary? such as typing or levels?

Hare69er

Nike Trainer
When breeding do the times of producing an egg vary? such as typing or levels? sorry for double posting

randomspot555

When breeding do the times of producing an egg vary? such as typing or levels? sorry for double posting

Not direct quotes, but pretty close:

They get along well: They'll make an egg quickly (same egg group).

They don't get along well: They'll make an egg, but not quickly (different, but compatible, egg groups).

They prefer to play with others: Won't make an egg, not in compatible egg groups.

Also, sometimes an egg won't appear, if you're using the Day Care app. It usually will appear after you walk in or out of a door/building/room.

EDIT: Typing/levels/evolutions don't matter. Compatible egg group does. Bulbapedia and the main site's Pokedex can help out with that.

Last edited:

Rainy_Day

Swimmer
If you buy the Nintendo DS Internet Browser, you can use that to input login details or whatever, then switch to Pokémon Platinum and use Wi-Fi. I believe those Wi-Fi hotspots use the system's IP and/or MAC address, which won't change if you switch it on/off.
The DS Browser instruction manual does mention you can use it to access Nintendo WFC if the hotspot needs login details, anyway.

Where do you get the DS Browser? Is that only for the DSi?

m190049

Local psychopath
Not direct quotes, but pretty close:

They get along well: They'll make an egg quickly (same egg group).

They don't get along well: They'll make an egg, but not quickly (different, but compatible, egg groups).

They prefer to play with others: Won't make an egg, not in compatible egg groups.

Also, sometimes an egg won't appear, if you're using the Day Care app. It usually will appear after you walk in or out of a door/building/room.

EDIT: Typing/levels/evolutions don't matter. Compatible egg group does. Bulbapedia and the main site's Pokedex can help out with that.
Close.
There are 4 levels of saying (don't remember what they are.)

Best: Same Species ; Different OT
Medium: Different Species ; Different OT OR Same Species ; Same OT
Worst: Different Species ; Same OT
Wont Beed: Not compatible egg goups.

Where do you get the DS Browser? Is that only for the DSi?
It's a game. You buy it.

Although the DSi has a free downloadable internet browser, too.

DarkDraconix

Back in Action
Evolve now or not?

Im trying to get a cloyster (and im being very careful with its stats), should i keep training my shellder for a while (if so, how long?) or should i train it as an evolved cloyster?

Is there any difference in stat growth?

KuramaKun

Tranier of the Rose
it dont matter weither or not if you keep it in it's form or not. the only different is the moves it learns at the different levels.

how can I catch Mesprit easily without it running off all the time. I already used my masterball accidently on Palkia and every time I try to catch it, it just keeps running off.

how can I catch Mesprit easily without it running off all the time. I already used my masterball accidently on Palkia and every time I try to catch it, it just keeps running off.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Use a Pokemon with Arena Trap, something that knows Mean Look, anything move or ability that will stop a Pokemon from fleeing. You can also try to put it to sleep, although that is more difficult.

masterleo

Order Up!
Does Levitate really cancel out Arena Trap? It's an ability not a move, I don't think it has any affect, but then, I've never tested it or anything xD

yes it does, it has bin tested, plus it just makes cents, you know?

brisngr9021

VVV Post VVV

If you tap the poketech or whatever its called it will refresh it, so your pokemon's levels and whether or not you have an egg will be refreshed.
I know you didn't ask but I thought I'd be helpful anyway...

Dark Master Zork

dark scizor master
yea thats true, altho i am confused about somthing else like this... i got a skorupi and it evolves at lvl 40.. and it learns cross poision at lvl 50 in its pre evolved state if i got it up to 50 would it learn the move b4 it tryes to evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.