• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl Help Thread (Deluxe Edition - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

desyple

rank 10 ranger
simple answer.....no. not until the movie event comes out in japan in a month or so.

Not sure if this goes here but concerning double battles:

Do moves like Earthquake get diminished for the number of pokemon it hits, diminished depending on the number of pokemon on the field whether they get hit or not, or does it not get diminshed at all and hit everyone with a 100 power attack?

Concerning trickroom:

Does paralysis make you attack first? And also, how will gyro ball work if a super slow bronzong ends up attacking first due to trick room?

m190049

Local psychopath
Not sure if this goes here but concerning double battles:

Do moves like Earthquake get diminished for the number of pokemon it hits, diminished depending on the number of pokemon on the field whether they get hit or not, or does it not get diminshed at all and hit everyone with a 100 power attack?
They should hit everyone with a 100 power attack.

Concerning trickroom:

Does paralysis make you attack first? And also, how will gyro ball work if a super slow bronzong ends up attacking first due to trick room?
Paralysis' effect doesn't reverse with Trick Room, if I recall correctly.
Gyro Ball's power is effected by the speed stat. If an effect switches the order of turns, that makes no difference. The stats, when viewed on their Summary, are still the same.

Last edited:

Khamul

Fail Meister
Do held evolution items (King's Rock, Metal Coat, etc.) disappear when the compatible pokemon holding it is traded and evolves?

EDIT: Also a question regarding EVs, it is possible to get a total of 8EVs in one battle with the use of the combination of Pokerus and Macho Brace?

Last edited:

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
Do held evolution items (King's Rock, Metal Coat, etc.) disappear when the compatible pokemon holding it is traded and evolves?

EDIT: Also a question regarding EVs, it is possible to get a total of 8EVs in one battle with the use of the combination of Pokerus and Macho Brace?

1. Yes.
2. Yes. Battle a pokemon that offers 2 Evs at start. Pokerus will double that to 4 and Macho brace will double Pkrs gain to 8

RLinksoul

Shaymin outbreak on the GTS?

What is the deal with these things? I have a TRU Shaymin, so I'm able to search for them on the GTS, and until recently nothing came up. But nooooow.. all of a sudden people are offering Shaymin, and every other pokemon being offered is asking for Shaymin. It's near impossible to get anything now adays.

The OTs on these things (Yay Platinum) typically read "Movie11" but sometimes I see "TRU" Are these things hacked or do non-US Shaymin not come with the Classic ribbon?

And everytime a Shaymin is offered for something reasonable, it either gets traded to another trainer or the server gets overloaded.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
It's just like the darkrai outbreak. Back during the Darkrai events everyone wanted a darkrai. Now everyone wants a shaymin. I bet once Arceus releases in JP and the US everyone will want that too.

m190049

Local psychopath
Also a question regarding EVs, it is possible to get a total of 8EVs in one battle with the use of the combination of Pokerus and Macho Brace?

2. Yes. Battle a pokemon that offers 2 Evs at start. Pokerus will double that to 4 and Macho brace will double Pkrs gain to 8
Also;
The Power Items are actually more efficiant than the Macho Brace, if you can afford them.

Power Items ADD 4 EVs, rather than multiplying.
For example, the Power Anklet gives 4 Speed EVs.
Say you defeat a Bibarel. You'd gain 2 Attack EVs, and 4 Speed EVs.

Pokerus doubles this too.
Bibarel would give 4 Attack EVs and 8 Speed EVs.
Beating a Magikarp would give 5 Speed EVs- 10 with Pokerus.

Darkrai

The newer pokemon ranger has been out for awhile, and I remembered something about getting darkrai when you beat it. Is it still possible to claim? Or will there be an even in the furture to get one?

RLinksoul

My first guess was that the non US event Shaymin didn't have Classic ribbon, but this was my second guess. I've seen five Shiny Shaymin on there, and they all have the same OT name. Those are obviously fake.

Arande

Its because oaks leter is about to be released, allowing JP plat to let people catch it. However, just like with the unbanning of darkrai on the GTS, nintendo is stupid, and releaesd the ban a few days before the letter is out. (iIRC correctly, oaks letter is available for Jp plat on the 20th)

So in short, until then, all shaymin on GTS are lolhax, and even then, IIRC the plat shaymin is lv 30.

Last edited:
Concerning Cherrim's ability:

What does it boost? Serebii says the 2 attack stats while Smogon says Attack and Spdef(random). Which is it?

masterleo

Order Up!
I have heard both, but I belive smogon is right. yes, It is random and not a every ability ether

muumajii23

I bet once Arceus releases in JP and the US everyone will want that too.

Ya, just times a million. Me thinks the kiddies will go nutters... "OMGZ TEH GODZ POKEMONZ!!!!!11!!"

This will eventually lead to the GTS totally overrun by Arceus and nothing else... -_-' The GTS is doomed to epically fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.