• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl Help Thread (Deluxe Edition - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Transform & EVs - Question?

Does transform change the EVs a Pokemon gives? Say, I battle a Mew and it transforms into a Tyranitar. Does it give 3 HP EVs or 3 Attack EVs?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

zlxq3000

Master Collector
It still gives the same EVs since it's still technically a Mew... Where are you battling Mews that they'd give out EVs?

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
For some reason, my game "freezes" when I'm on the GTS. It's not that's it is actually frozen, but you know how the game says "connecting to Wi-Fi" or "GTS is checking for Pokemon" or whatever? Yeah, well, I'll wait for like ten minutes, and and it'll say that, and the little timer clock in the lower left hand corner of the screen just keeps on rotating. This has happened twice so far...is something wrong with my game?

Toastybob

Is this real life?
For some reason, my game "freezes" when I'm on the GTS. It's not that's it is actually frozen, but you know how the game says "connecting to Wi-Fi" or "GTS is checking for Pokemon" or whatever? Yeah, well, I'll wait for like ten minutes, and and it'll say that, and the little timer clock in the lower left hand corner of the screen just keeps on rotating. This has happened twice so far...is something wrong with my game?

That happened to me once before, but I have no idea how to fix it. Just keep trying again.

where can you find the lucky egg?

Steal from Chansey on Route 209, Route 210, or at the Mansion, if it is the pokemon of the day.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
That happened to me once before, but I have no idea how to fix it. Just keep trying again.

Steal from Chansey on Route 209, Route 210, or at the Mansion, if it is the pokemon of the day.

It also helps if you have a Banette, since lucky egg only has a 5% chance of appearing on Chansey. and It also helps if you poke radar chain the Chanseys.

Yeah, I kinda screwed up. I was trying to go underground, and then my game said like corrupt or something and said to reset and I did and now when i load my journal pops up but when it closes the game freezes on the first note of jubilife's music.
I don't use an action replay, but I did tweak. And now I'm screwed. Is there a kind of Pokemon Box or something or some way i can recover my pokemon without pokemon center?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Yeah, I kinda screwed up. I was trying to go underground, and then my game said like corrupt or something and said to reset and I did and now when i load my journal pops up but when it closes the game freezes on the first note of jubilife's music.
I don't use an action replay, but I did tweak. And now I'm screwed. Is there a kind of Pokemon Box or something or some way i can recover my pokemon without pokemon center?
There is nothing offical that allows you to regain the Pokémon on other games, Ranch will be able to keep them for showing of but nothing else.

Feign Ruler

Dragon Master!

now when you say tweak. what exactly did you do?

m190049

Local psychopath

Didn't you already ask this?

Isn't this the 2.0 version? I was going to ask it in the 2.0 cuz u seemed to be the only one who answered. So yeah I already did ask, sorry. But it isn't a repeat cuz i was goign to put some more info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRKPj4tcybE
This video will show you what I tried to do, but I tried the shaymin version, which i described in the description (duh) and when I tried to save using the underground kit, it died on meh XD I can see my journal upon loading, but sadly tht's about it. after closing my journal it freezes.

AND DONT TELL ME NOT TO USE CHEATS, I KNOW THAT! GRRR~
it was the first time I ever tried a glitch and will definately be the last. I used an action repelay cheat to teleport me but the only thing that changes is the music. And I didn't have an action replay before this happened. I bought it afterwards. ANde then i returned it cuz it wasn't helping meh.

Also, in battle revolution, what is the deal with copies? May i send my copies to another game?

Is the tweaking glitch safe?
The only reason I ask is that is the only way I can get it on Pokemon Diamond... Unless they still give Events to that game.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Is the tweaking glitch safe?
The only reason I ask is that is the only way I can get it on Pokemon Diamond... Unless they still give Events to that game.

What exactly are you talking about by 'it'? And it's safe so long as you save before you do it or have a Pokemon that can Fly/Teleport you out. I do believe you can get stuck in the environment.

zetsu

Akatsuki rules!!!
1. Yes. Let it hold an Oran Berry, and it'll turn into Berry Juice after a while.
It's supposedly harder to do in The 4th gen than the 2nd Gen...
Supposedly.

2. Hydrohs says it's Looker's... I thought it was just Wild Croagunk. Referencing the fact that Croagunk is the town's Pokemon, they'd probably let them wander around the town as they please (almost like Slowpoke in G/S/C in Azelia Town), and that they were found in the wild in Platinum. So you see one walking between the wild, and the marsh.
*Shrugs*

Thanks to both of you for answering (Sorry for not quoting you Hydrohs). It will sure help me alot :p And about the whole croagunk thing, that seems logical. It was just so shocking to find my controls stopped working, so I looked around the screen and saw the little guy running, twas funny :p Does anybody know of any more of these little cut-scenes happening?

nicko

Lv 100's
to cure pokemon of pokerus leave them in your party past midnight. if they lose if they can never get it again . to freeze pokerus(meaning keep it forever) put it in a box

m190049

Local psychopath
Does anybody know of any more of these little cut-scenes happening?
Nothing like that, but random in-game cutscenes.
For example, you're walking, you're forced to a stop, and Barry shows up. Say, the first time you visit Eterna City. You walk in front of the Galactic Building, your suddenly forced to a halt when Cynthia enters stage right. Generally when your controls freeze, it's during a cutscene. That's really what the Croagunk thing is... A randomly inserted Cutscene.

At the moment, I don't know of any new non-plot-related cutscenes in Platinum other than the Croagunk scenario...

Last edited:

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
I was fighting a kecleon and my shiney magmort use hidden power

it was Ice. awesome! my linnone found earthquake

I want to teach it to Vire

but lonely nature

t-bolt
t-punch
brick break
ice punch

Status