• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl Help Thread (Deluxe Edition - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordy123

Guardian Of Eterna
help?

Hey,

I put my firered into my ds and went on to pokemon diamond.

I went to valley windworks or whatever its called looking for a elekid but I cant find one at all.

Is it on the english versions? or am i missing out on something like using the pokeradar etc?

ta

jordy123

Guardian Of Eterna
The best ones for a High in Attack Flygon are, Adamant, Lonely, and Naughty.

The best moveset to go with those are...

-Earthquake
-Outrage
-U-turn
-Fire Punch/Stone Edge/Dragon Claw

Thanks alot, so do the moves make a difference or not?

Sorry im a bit useless haha..for example if it had fireblast or something for example...would it be weaker

sorry again guys haha

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hey,

I put my firered into my ds and went on to pokemon diamond.

I went to valley windworks or whatever its called looking for a elekid but I cant find one at all.

Is it on the english versions? or am i missing out on something like using the pokeradar etc?

ta
You do need to Beat the Elite 4 and Get the National Dex.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
No you don't, contrary to popular belief. On an old Diamond data, I got it without beating the Elite Four.

Did you use the Dongle method or did you trade it from a game with the Nat dex to a game without one?

Does a Synchronizer work in the Great Marsh? I went there today to catch a Croagunk, and didn't find one. I caught a Quagsire, a Marril, and two Carnivine, and the Marril and Carnivine were Adamant, as was my Synchronizer. Is it a coincidence, or does it work?

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
Did you use the Dongle method or did you trade it from a game with the Nat dex to a game without one?

Does a Synchronizer work in the Great Marsh? I went there today to catch a Croagunk, and didn't find one. I caught a Quagsire, a Marril, and two Carnivine, and the Marril and Carnivine were Adamant, as was my Synchronizer. Is it a coincidence, or does it work?

Dongle method? I just lost to Cynthia.

Synchronize does work in the Great Marsh.

jordy123

Guardian Of Eterna
:)

Thanks for all the help guys, managed to eventually find an elekid.

I think their just very rare lol

:)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Dongle method? I just lost to Cynthia.

Synchronize does work in the Great Marsh.

"Dongle Method" is according to Bulbapedia, when you put a 3rd generation game into the GBA slot of a DS, and some pokemon start appearing on different routes based on the game.

Thanks for all the help guys, managed to eventually find an elekid.

I think their just very rare lol

According to Pokearth, Pokemon that are wild because of the Dongle Method have like a 5% appearance rate.

sunny13

Proud Importer of HG
I know badges let you have traded pokemon obey you, what is the highest level a Pokemon will obey you at 7 Badges?

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
Does the synchronize ability to get the same nature as your first pokemon work on rare pokemon like.. Cresselia, Dialgia, Mesprit etc.?

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
Secret IDon't know

I just read Smogon's recent article on Secret IDs and I'm still confused. I know how to find a Secret ID, but how do you use this information to breed/catch Shinies? I'm lost... Can anyone clarrify???

On the ironic hand, Smogon just mentioned shinies today, and I happened to catch a Shiny Pichu while EV training my Ralts at the Trophy Garden!!!

randomspot555

Dishonest Abe

Here's my problemo:

I read the whole "Spiritomb factor" article, and I dug and dug Underground until I found an Odd Keystone. Then, I went to Route 209 and tried to put the Odd Keystone into the Well, but when I click the Well, it just explains what it is, and nothing else.

So, I can't put the Odd Keystone into the Well, meaning I can't activate the event where I would have to talk to 32 people and all that. Anyone know how I can fix this?

By the way, I am using Pearl, not Platinum (since you'd have to fish in Platinum).

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, sorry if this has already been asked and answered, does the Synchronize ability thing (where whatever nature your Pokemon has is the same as the Pokemon caught) work with hatching eggs?

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
Here's my problemo:

I read the whole "Spiritomb factor" article, and I dug and dug Underground until I found an Odd Keystone. Then, I went to Route 209 and tried to put the Odd Keystone into the Well, but when I click the Well, it just explains what it is, and nothing else.

So, I can't put the Odd Keystone into the Well, meaning I can't activate the event where I would have to talk to 32 people and all that. Anyone know how I can fix this?

By the way, I am using Pearl, not Platinum (since you'd have to fish in Platinum).

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, sorry if this has already been asked and answered, does the Synchronize ability thing (where whatever nature your Pokemon has is the same as the Pokemon caught) work with hatching eggs?
It's very possible that you already have the Odd Keystone into the well =p
talk to 32 people underground (two DSs communicating) and see if you can't get the Spiritomb.

If you want one too, you can try the Trade Forum or even the GTS, as it is registred in the Pokédex due to Cynthia's one.

and no, Synchronize or any Emerald ability additions only work with Wild Pokémon (besides the roaming ones, Cresselia and Mesprit). To control abilities from eggs, you give the female Pokémon or Ditto an Everstone and the Pokémon that will come out of the egg has 50% chance to inherit the Nature from the Everstone Pokémon that is breeding.

for more info, check the breeding guide at 4th Generation discussion forum really =p it's really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.