• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Espeon0429

There's a greater risk buying online, if you really can't buy one instore just stick with reputable sellers on eBay or Amazon.

Sorry, I don't think I was very clear. What my question is is Do fake DS games exist and how can you spot if one is fake or not?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Sorry, I don't think I was very clear. What my question is is Do fake DS games exist and how can you spot if one is fake or not?

Absolutely they exist, it'll be almost impossible to tell from pictures though. Especially because there's a good chance someone selling a fake wont use a real picture of the cart you're getting. They typically have cheap labels.

Shiny Espeon0429

Absolutely they exist, it'll be almost impossible to tell from pictures though. Especially because there's a good chance someone selling a fake wont use a real picture of the cart you're getting. They typically have cheap labels.

Thank you very much for your help. I may see if I can get it from a game store then as that seems like a much more reliable way to go. :)

In the Wi-Fi Battle Tower, can you rank up by facing the previous room you just lost to, or do you have to log into Wi-Fi and pick a different room to rank up? I'm asking because there seems to be a one use limit for each of the rooms.

Sir Rouge

Hi everyone! I'm new here so please forgive me if this should be posted elsewhere in the forum.

As the title of my thread suggests, I'm trying to breed my Male Dratini on Pokemon Platinum. I got it on Soulsilver and transferred it across to Platinum as it's the main game that I use, and have always done my breeding on Platinum.

Like i said, Dratini is male and knows extreme speed which is half the battle, right?

I want a Dratini to have an Adamant nature for when I EV train it, so I put a Ditto (Adamant) holding an ever stone along with my Dratini (Calm) into the day care centre. I received a few eggs, and when they hatched, I found that none of them learned extreme speed yet they all came out with Adamant nature.

Where am I going wrong with this??? Does my Dratini have to be Dragonite before it can pass a move on, or is Dratini capable?? From what I've read, I assumed i'm not doing anything wrong??

I appreciate and look forward to your replies!:)

UPDATE: I've done a little further reading, and it appears that this can only be done on heart gold/soulsilver? Typical! Will have to trade back to silver. Nevermind!

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Merged your thread with the Questions thread sticky; as stuff in there in future please. Also note that double posting is against the rules, so just stick to using the edit button instead or wait for someone else to post first.

Shiny Espeon0429

Hey guys, I've been playing Platinum and just got up to the Valley Windworks and Drifloon WILL NOT APPEAR! I've looked it up everywhere and I've defeated Team Galactic, changed the time to day and even fast-forwarded to the the next Friday and he just won't appear. What am I doing wrong?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hey guys, I've been playing Platinum and just got up to the Valley Windworks and Drifloon WILL NOT APPEAR! I've looked it up everywhere and I've defeated Team Galactic, changed the time to day and even fast-forwarded to the the next Friday and he just won't appear. What am I doing wrong?

If you changed the date, then that's probably why it won't appear. I'm pretty sure the game detects changes to the clock and the penalty is that Drifloon won't appear until the next Friday.

Shiny Espeon0429

If you changed the date, then that's probably why it won't appear. I'm pretty sure the game detects changes to the clock and the penalty is that Drifloon won't appear until the next Friday.

You see I thought it might be that but in HG, I manipulated the hell out of the clock to set up gym leader rematches to train my Pokemon and it worked! In addition on B2, a while ago, I manipulated the clock so I could get it to be Winter (so I could catch Cubchoo) and that worked as well. Is this limitation exclusive to DPP?

ETA: I tried to find Drifloon a couple of times before I changed the DS time but on both occasions, it didn't work. If it helps, I beat Team Galactic today and did it well after the daytime.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
You see I thought it might be that but in HG, I manipulated the hell out of the clock to set up gym leader rematches to train my Pokemon and it worked! In addition on B2, a while ago, I manipulated the clock so I could get it to be Winter (so I could catch Cubchoo) and that worked as well. Is this limitation exclusive to DPP?

ETA: I tried to find Drifloon a couple of times before I changed the DS time but on both occasions, it didn't work. If it helps, I beat Team Galactic today and did it well after the daytime.

The effect of time changes were changed with HG/SS, you could set the clock to 11:59 and when the day rolled over everything would work normally. In D/P/P you need to wait 24 hours after changing the time for any time based events to work again. Make sure you save after your time change, then wait 24 hours and everything will be normal again.

How do I trade for Pokemon I haven't encountered?

I'm trying to trade for Gen I and II pokemon, but the option isn't there! Is there any way to get them without meeting them first, like wifi battling?

BCVM22

You cannot request a Pokémon on the GTS that you haven't encountered in-game. Wi-Fi battles don't count.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm trying to trade for Gen I and II pokemon, but the option isn't there! Is there any way to get them without meeting them first, like wifi battling?

You cannot request a Pokémon on the GTS that you haven't encountered in-game. Wi-Fi battles don't count.

Trading with other players does not have this restriction. As long as the other player has the Pokémon you want, and willing to trade it, there is nothing in the games preventing you after the first gym.

We have a Trade forum for this purpose: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?154-Trade-Forum

pokefanjon

master in training
i need an arceus can anyone help me my friend code is 2495 6427 5614

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Wolfaotic

send smeargles
My Wifi isn't working on my Diamond. I tried going into the GTS and it's saying Connection Error and I need help.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
My Wifi isn't working on my Diamond. I tried going into the GTS and it's saying Connection Error and I need help.
Testing at the current Moment, 4th gen GTS is still up.

1. What's the Error code? This would help alot as it will say what is wrong with it.

2. Are you connected to a WEP or open Wifi Network? If you don't know what type you are connected, don't worry to much. But If you are not connected to either a open or WEP wifi network, this is the cause of wifi failure.

3. Have registered your Wifi settings on your DS?

4. On the 3DS line and DSi Line have the ability to turn off wireless, You'll need to exit the game and turn it back on. 3DS & 3DS XL- Flick the switch on the right side, until the yellow light should turn on. DSi & DSi XL - Head to DSi settings, and then Wireless Communications on screen 1, then make sure it's on.

alexfirefist6

alexfirefist6

can someone please tell me how to remove ball capsules? i got one from gts. so i go on the pc then go the ball capsule then wtf do i do? all i see are empty balls... i click edit then confirm but nothing happens. soo frustated PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.