• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

m190049

Local psychopath
hey i've got a question,did anyone go back to the celestic towns cave? i went there after i beat the game and the champion was talking about dialga,palkia,and giritina. does anyone have a clue on she was really saying?
It's just spreading of the rumor of Arceus.

On the painting in the cave, the light in the center represents Dialga (or Palkia) appearing at the Spear Pillar.
The three lights around it are supposed to be Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf.
Or at least, that's "how the story was told".

She's telling you that stories may actually be talking about the wrong trio of Pokemon.
The painting may actually be referring to Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Circling who? "The original one", I.E. the mysterious Arceus.
That's about it, really. Just more rumors of the mythical original one.

Here's the quote below if you want to read it over for yourself:
Cynthia said:
"This cave painting...It's always been described this way. The light in the center represents either Dialga or Palkia appearing at the Spear Pillar. The three lights around it were thought to be Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. May I continue? But, then, I realized that there may be another way of interpreting this. Could this triangle of lights actually represent a different trio? Could they be Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina instead? And the large light at their center. Does it represent something else? Could it be what created this world of ours? May I continue for a little bit longer? Thank you for listening to my theory. Do you know of the ancient Plates they find all over Sinnoh? One of them had this engraved on it. 'Two beings of time and space set free from the Original One.' I think this quote, too, points to the presence of another Pokémon. A Pokémon even more powerful than Dialga or Palkia. Does that sound plausible to you? I'm not quite sure how Giratina fits into this scheme of things, but...It's said that in the Distortion World, neither time nor space were stable. I think that tells us something about Giratina, the only Pokémon there. It must have been as powerful as Dialga and Palkia, the rulers of time and space. In some way, though, Giratina has to have a power opposite of theirs. I'm sorry this is so long. May I say one last bit? A long time ago, I wonder what sort of person painted this? Dialga's Roar of Time...Palkia's Spacial Rend...To the people back then, those Pokémon really must have appeared to rule over time and space. Seeing them must have shaken the people to their very core. This painting represents those feelings of awe, wonder, and everything else. It passed that memory to countless people, eventually becoming a myth...That's what I believe as a researcher of myths. I think I let myself get carried away and talked for far too long. I'm sorry, and thank you. Let's meet again."

Last edited:

m190049

Local psychopath
will something happen if i bring the plates to the cave?
No, nothing else will happen. It's just a bit of info for those that take interest in the Sinnoh Myths, such as the stuff in the Library.

You won't get any more Info unless you get the event Arceus. Than you can bring it to Oreburgh Mine in Platinum, for a bit of stuff.
When Hg/Ss comes out in English, (Unless you have one of the games and can read Japanese) you can also bring it to the Ruins of Alph for the Arceus Event and some additional info.

Last edited:

Ksi

Multi-Type Trainer
Move Tutors Quesiton.

Hey, I went through the Move Tutors guide on the Plat page, but I got a question about the one in Pastoria.

I have just recently traded a Misdreavus (I bred it first) before trading it away for a Level 22 Mime.Jr in order to evolve my Magmar into Magmortat via the GTS method. I want to teach it Heat Wave, and yet it does not appear on the list when I go there to teach it Heat Wave.

Check its Move Tutor Plat/HG/SS list

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/467.shtml

It says it can learn Heat Wave in Platinum on the Attackdex entry. Yet why is my Magmortar not able to?

Also I am planning this moveset for my Sassy Magmortar.

Heat Wave
Thunderpunch
Psychic
Smokescreen/Faint Attack.

blckdemondrgn

lv 8 Shiny Hunter
The move tutor your looking for is in Survival Area, there are 3 move tutors.

The move tutor in Pastoria does not have heat wave that you are looking for.

Ksi

Multi-Type Trainer
Thank you very much.

m190049

Local psychopath
OK, my damn DS doesn't connect to my new router, meaning I can't wifi no more. Pokemon is just getting dry. Anything other than Wifi battles or trades that I can do in Pokemon that is fun, or is it the end of the line for the main games for me? I need something fun to do in my Platinum. :L
...Battle Frontier? =3

TheFreshness

*Shrug* That could work, but I get bored easily with it sometimes. Anything else?

its still part of battle frontier, but have you tried the battle factory. i usually have a lot of fun with that...get to try out some different pokemon that you may not normally use

Pokemon won't release?

So I'm clearing away some of my boxes by getting rid of Pokemon I already have the evolved form of and try to release a Geodude and it won't release? Does anyone know why this is?

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
if is the last pokemon you have that knows anyone of the HM's it won't release i.e. if your geodude knows rock smash and it is the only one of your pokemon to know it... it won't release.

pichu96

I thought you could also get a Razor Claw at the Battle Frontier

I bred a Pikachu with max Atk, Spatk, and Speed and want it to have the EV spread 154 atk, 104 spatk, and 252 speed. Ive tried this twice but atleast one of those stats is always off by one. The Pikachu's characteristic is likes to thrash about, its speed is able to reach 306, and its Spatk is 31 since I just checked it with an Iv calc, some rare candies, and some hondew berries. Ive even added one ev at a time until the stat just got to what it was supposed to be at level 100. The 2 attacking stats are where they need to be at but the speed is still sitting at 305. If you can see what Im doing wrong from this, please tell me

Lugion

Or if it's too happy with you. Treat it like crap.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I bred a Pikachu with max Atk, Spatk, and Speed and want it to have the EV spread 154 atk, 104 spatk, and 252 speed. Ive tried this twice but atleast one of those stats is always off by one. The Pikachu's characteristic is likes to thrash about, its speed is able to reach 306, and its Spatk is 31 since I just checked it with an Iv calc, some rare candies, and some hondew berries. Ive even added one ev at a time until the stat just got to what it was supposed to be at level 100. The 2 attacking stats are where they need to be at but the speed is still sitting at 305. If you can see what Im doing wrong from this, please tell me

154 isn't divisible by 4, if that might be the problem. And don't assume an IV is perfect if its Likes to Thrash About as there are chances to be other stats too.

I have a question of my own. I'm currently EV training a Naïve MixApe, but the problem is I want Flamethrower and Close Combat, but I don't know how it would work. I accidently evolved Chimchar thinking it could relearn Nasty Plot as Monferno, but it didn't work. Luckily I had saved beforehand, so my EV training hadn't been wasted.

How do I get it to learn both without using a Flamethrower TM?

m190049

Local psychopath
I have a question of my own. I'm currently EV training a Naïve MixApe, but the problem is I want Flamethrower and Close Combat, but I don't know how it would work. I accidently evolved Chimchar thinking it could relearn Nasty Plot as Monferno, but it didn't work. Luckily I had saved beforehand, so my EV training hadn't been wasted.

How do I get it to learn both without using a Flamethrower TM?
Let Chimchar learn Nasty Plot at level 23, and than level it to level 41 to learn Flamethrower.
Evolve it Twice, and than use the Move Relearner in Pastoria to learn Close Combat.

Last edited:

Corbulo

= Hydro Cannon
Let Chimchar learn Nasty Plot at level 23, and than level it to level 41 to learn Flamethrower.
Evolve it Twice, and than use the Move Relearner in Canalave to learn Close Combat.

the move relearner is in pastoria city

Status
Not open for further replies.