• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

dancing_totodile

Breeder Contestant
It uses the Language, not regions.. So If you've got a French Pokémon, and English Pokémon that would work.

Japanese Pokémon are easier to spot. Since Pikachu is spelt the same way everywhere but Japan.

Dang, then I think I have a English one as it was from Ontario, not I just have to figure out which it is out of three I traded yesterday.

Though what if it is a french one but they put an english nickname, does that count? Or how can I tell, cause I also got an Eevee with the name Eevee, but the owner's name is MAXIMO? (I deposited a Riolu and they found it) Is there a way to track the owner's origin?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Dang, then I think I have a English one as it was from Ontario, not I just have to figure out which it is out of three I traded yesterday.

Though what if it is a french one but they put an english nickname, does that count? Or how can I tell, cause I also got an Eevee with the name Eevee, but the owner's name is MAXIMO? (I deposited a Riolu and they found it) Is there a way to track the owner's origin?

If the Pokemon is nicknamed it still counts as foreign, although you wont be able to tell where it came from.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Actually, IIRC, it will give a Pokédex description in its original language so it is possible to tell, assuming you have not had the same Pokémon from each supported language before.

Anytyme23

How long does gamestop distribute the pichu is it from open to close or is it over at a specific time?
I know it ends February 14 just wondering times of the day.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
How long does gamestop distribute the pichu is it from open to close or is it over at a specific time?
I know it ends February 14 just wondering times of the day.

It'll be distributed from the time the store opens, to the time it closes on those dates.

The wireless distributor should be on all day.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

There is away to tell if it came from the same Language game or not.

Traded Pokémon from different Langauge games get a larger EXP Boost over Traded same Language games.

Same langauge Pokémon get 1.5x EXP compared to your own. Other Languages get 1.7x EXP compared to your own.

The Best way is to battle with two Traded Pokémon. You get a Pokémon that you know is it's OT game Language. Just compare the experience they earn. Of course, you can't use Lv100 Pokémon.

Kashinn

One Step At A Time.
It'll be distributed from the time the store opens, to the time it closes on those dates.

The wireless distributor should be on all day.

I've been wondering about this for a while, whether you'll have to bring your own DS, or if they have a DS there that you attach it to.

I'm kind of glad that they're finally having gamestop pokemon events again. There doesnt seem to be any toys r us' around here, so I cant get any event pokemons from there =x

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've been wondering about this for a while, whether you'll have to bring your own DS, or if they have a DS there that you attach it to.

I'm kind of glad that they're finally having gamestop pokemon events again. There doesnt seem to be any toys r us' around here, so I cant get any event pokemons from there =x

Attaching a DS? DS events are wirelessly distributed, there is no need for cables.

Yeah you need your own DS, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get the Wonder Card.

Last edited:

Falco Master

Ruler Of Tyranitar
You wouldn't be able to get the event cards by mixing records with someone that had it would you?

weavileluver1

I've got the powah!
Hey, anyone wanna help me figure out how to get a Togekiss without breaking my back over it or hacking? ;468;

Good news: I hatched the Togepi egg that Cynthia gives you :) Now I have a pathetic lv. 25 Togekiss that knows Metronome as its only potentially damage-dealing move :( Is the Move Relearner the only way to teach it Air Slash, Aura Sphere and ExtremeSpeed at this point?

Tiomasta

Not amused
Good news: I hatched the Togepi egg that Cynthia gives you :) Now I have a pathetic lv. 25 Togekiss that knows Metronome as its only potentially damage-dealing move :( Is the Move Relearner the only way to teach it Air Slash, Aura Sphere and ExtremeSpeed at this point?

The move relearner is the only way to teach it those moves, at any point.

Coolwonder

I know this is a pretty stupid question but, how do I know when to evolve a feebas, I heard you just need to have max beauty and level up, but when I tried it, feebas didn't evolve. People have been telling me to level up feebas to level 20, is that how it works? And what berries are recommended for giving feebas max beauty?

Electric

In order to transfer Pokemon from Leafgreen to Platinum, do you have to get the Ruby and Sapphire into the machine on One Island?

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
No. Because you do the transfer via Pal Park.

My question: How do I set up Mystery Gift on Japanese Diamond please? I want another Mew. :D

Kreis

Still Dirrty
No. Because you do the transfer via Pal Park.

My question: How do I set up Mystery Gift on Japanese Diamond please? I want another Mew. :D

Answer 1 left: みんな
Answer 1 right: ハッピー
Answer 2 left: Wi-Fi
Answer 2 right: つうしん

Falco Master

Ruler Of Tyranitar
I know this is a pretty stupid question but, how do I know when to evolve a feebas, I heard you just need to have max beauty and level up, but when I tried it, feebas didn't evolve. People have been telling me to level up feebas to level 20, is that how it works? And what berries are recommended for giving feebas max beauty?

Well I used a berry called Micle Berry, but I don't know where the hell I got it, I just know it's rare. Or the more common berry would be Pamtre berry. I think they do have to be at least level 20 all mine were. Just save it before you feed it the poffins or even before you make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.