• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I got a problem...I checked smogon earlier for a good Regice moveset, and found one...It includes Counter, and I don't know how I can teach it that move...(Only thing I know about is the move totur in FR/LG...)

Help?

Only through the FRLG tutor....

m190049

Local psychopath
I got a problem...I checked smogon earlier for a good Regice moveset, and found one...It includes Counter, and I don't know how I can teach it that move...(Only thing I know about is the move totur in FR/LG...)

Help?

Unfortunately, yes. The only way to get Counter on a Regice is through the FireRed/LeafGreen & Emerald tutors.

razor fire

What happens to a game file if the time hits 999:99

999:59 actually.
It simply stops counting. It won't affect the save file or the gameplay.

Corbulo

= Hydro Cannon
ok i need help with 2 things

1. on serebii it says that you can only catch feebas with a super rod but on other sites it say you can use any rod so which one it true?

2. and what is the chance of finding a munchlax on a honey tree because it just says on poke earth -% chance of finding 1 so is there anything i need to do before i can find 1 other than putting honey on the honey tree

SoulGuardian

PICHU ROXORZ!
Judging by previous trends, there will probably at some point be a Wi-Fi event for the Azure Flute. Other than that, who knows what the future may bring?

You could always trade for one if you don't want to wait.

Yeah but will it be the same one that triggers the Dragon Trio event in HGSS?

KKInu

Okay....

just a few days ago, I went to check on which pokemon were swarming , and I noticed it hadn't changed in three days. I went over to the "daily berry" girl and sure enough, she acted as if I had obtained a berry from her already when I hadn't gone to her in about three days. Basically, I think my platinum game has stopped registering the flow of time like that glitch that occurred in R/S/E where time kinda stopped after about 100 hours of gameplay. my game still can tell if it's night and day though, and it still records hours, but it's like it's having the same day over and over again. What should I do? Has this happened before?

Tiomasta

Not amused
Okay....

just a few days ago, I went to check on which pokemon were swarming , and I noticed it hadn't changed in three days. I went over to the "daily berry" girl and sure enough, she acted as if I had obtained a berry from her already when I hadn't gone to her in about three days. Basically, I think my platinum game has stopped registering the flow of time like that glitch that occurred in R/S/E where time kinda stopped after about 100 hours of gameplay. my game still can tell if it's night and day though, and it still records hours, but it's like it's having the same day over and over again. What should I do? Has this happened before?

Actually, it's not uncommon to see someone with things like that.

Did you Pal Park some pokes over with a GBA cartridge? I hear that using a new GBA cartridge will make them synch, and it takes a few days for the games to proceed normally.

Did you switch your D/P/Pt cartridge with another DS? The game synchs with the DS, and switching between those will take the game a day or two to proceed normally.

Did you mess around with the DS's clock? Daily stuff only change when 11:59 goes to 00:00, the game game won't recognize a new day if you skip that minute.

KKInu

Actually, it's not uncommon to see someone with things like that.

Did you Pal Park some pokes over with a GBA cartridge? I hear that using a new GBA cartridge will make them synch, and it takes a few days for the games to proceed normally.

Did you switch your D/P/Pt cartridge with another DS? The game synchs with the DS, and switching between those will take the game a day or two to proceed normally.

Did you mess around with the DS's clock? Daily stuff only change when 11:59 goes to 00:00, the game game won't recognize a new day if you skip that minute.

I pal parked pokemon recently but that was weeks ago and the problem only occurred a few days ago.

I did switch DS's (cuz' one DS was running low on power and I needed something done quick) so I suppose that might've been it. though I switched the DS's yesterday, not the 3-4 days ago the problem started.......

Oh well, I'll wait for a few days and see if anything changes.

Thanks though!

m190049

Local psychopath

1. on serebii it says that you can only catch feebas with a super rod but on other sites it say you can use any rod so which one it true?

2. and what is the chance of finding a munchlax on a honey tree because it just says on poke earth -% chance of finding 1 so is there anything i need to do before i can find 1 other than putting honey on the honey tree
1. I'm pretty sure it's any rod.

2. For munchlax, you have a 1% chance of finding it one some of the honey trees.
...Go breed a Snorlax. Really.

Well... I know that while only Event Shaymin can let you redeem the Gracidea Flower, the one found in-game in Platinum would also let you get it (while the in-game ones from D/P wouldn't).

I assume the same would apply to Arceus- The Platinum Arceus would unlock the Platinum Arceus Event (and I would guess would therefore unlock the Hg/Ss one?).

Last edited:

AlexKZ

Okay, I received a Shiny Oddish yesterday in a trade. It was from Hoenn. I didn't noticed anything and EV trained it and evolved it into Bellossom. I was leveling it up and I decided to check its stats, then I noticed something. Its pokedex number was red, not the usual black.

Can someone tell me the significance of a red pokedex number?

m190049

Local psychopath
Okay, I received a Shiny Oddish yesterday in a trade. It was from Hoenn. I didn't noticed anything and EV trained it and evolved it into Bellossom. I was leveling it up and I decided to check its stats, then I noticed something. Its pokedex number was red, not the usual black.

Just another indication that it's shiny.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Red Numbers means It's Shiny!

SirIan

Can a male pikachu/raichu with Volt Tackle pass it down to its babies if I breed it with a Ditto?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Can a male pikachu/raichu with Volt Tackle pass it down to its babies if I breed it with a Ditto?

It probably will work, but if I had to guess, I'd say give one of them the Light Ball.

m190049

Local psychopath
No- A light ball needs to be used again. Volt Tackle is not an egg move.
It is obtained via breeding, but it is still not an egg move.

Kreis

Still Dirrty

I don't think so. Volt Tackle will only be passed down if both parents know it, and of course Ditto does not; therefore, it will not be passed down. As Foxyman said, you'd probably need to attach the Light Ball to one of the parents for it to work, which I'm assuming Raichu would have to.

SirIan

Poop :( It has to be a female Pika/Raichu with light ball right? If so getting a good nature/good IVs is going to be a huge pain in the butt.

razor fire

1. Any Rod.

2. 1 % on any 4 trees determined by your SID.

As long as it is an Event Arceus it will work.

Well... I know that while only Event Shaymin can let you redeem the Gracidea Flower, the one found in-game in Platinum would also let you get it (while the in-game ones from D/P wouldn't).

The one in D/P says "Met at Lvl. 30 at Flower Paradise" while the one in Platinum says "Had a Fateful Encounter at lvl. 30 at Flower Paradise."

Status
Not open for further replies.