• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duality Ninja

LOLWUT IM PR0ZORZ
So, I want a pokemon to raise for competitive battling, but I can't decide which one. My team right now has competitively trained Scizor and Tyranitar, and I can't decide for one more. I kind of want a sweeper that I can get in game in Platinum or Fire Red. Any help guys?

Cazzah

Why Is The Rum Gone?
So i want to train a competitive jolteon. I finaly got a Timid egg, that I can reset for its IVs. This is about try number 13, and I'm a bit bored of this. Do these IVs seem decent for a Special sweeper jolteon?

( HP to Speed)
Eevee - #133 (Timid): 31 / 0-3 / 0-4 / 20-23 / 2-3 / 14-16

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Not really... You pretty much need perfect IVs in both SpAtk and Spe for it to function correctly. I suggest you find an Egg with one of these, and Breed from there. Sorry about that.

Cazzah

Why Is The Rum Gone?
I thought as much, and to be honest, I've already SR'd and got another :')
I suppose I'll get there eventualy.
What do you think is the absolute lowest in SpA and Spd it can have for it to stand a decent chance?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Well, Spe has to be max IMO, so that you can tie with all other Base 130s, assuming you run Timid + 252 Spe EVs. You could probably drop down to around 26-28 for SpAtk, although 31 is ideal, of course.

Last edited:

Cazzah

Why Is The Rum Gone?
Any helpful tips to get certain IV's, apart from breeding a pokemon with high IV's ( I dont have any :( )

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ If you have HGSS, then the "Power" Items can force a parent to pass IVs on but I'm assuming you don't since this is the D/P/Pt Help Thread. Otherwise, no, it's just down to breeding High IVs with High IVs. You might be able to get someone in the Trade Forum or in a Clan to help you out. If you know how, you could RNG for perfect IVs but I won't explain that now.

Kashinn

One Step At A Time.
Any helpful tips to get certain IV's, apart from breeding a pokemon with high IV's ( I dont have any :( )

If you're starting from the beginning, here is what I would recommend, if you want to breed IV's. Bring a syncronizer with you, and use the pokeradar to chain dittos. make sure to bring a magikarp with you as well, and when a ditto shows up, send out a magikarp so that it'll transform into it, and throwing a repeat ball pretty much guarantees you the catch. this way, you'll get the nature that you want, and the chances of one or more 31 IV's.

For the other pokemon, you can visit the serebii wifi irc channel, and maybe find someone who has IV bred a pokemon that you're looking for.

Or if you prefer to just start breeding right away and hope to pass down the 31 IV, you can. (Soulsilver has a feature where if one of your pokemon is holding a specific item, it will increase the chances of passing down that IV, so you can also wait until the game comes out next month). I usually do IV checks after about 3 pc boxes. just watch movies or something, and before you know it, it'll all be filled up =]

hope some of this helps

tso

equip explorer kit/works key?!

so for a week or so, when i select my bag (click on it not just hover over it) in combat, my game will freeze up. I figured it was just a problem that could be fixed with cleaning. Havent gotten around to it, but wanting to go underground today, i realized instead of Use/Register, i can now equip my explorer kit. o_o' also valley windworks key. When i equip it, it does not remove it from the inventory.

Has my game been compromised in some way? I have never used actionreplay/pokesav or anything.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Help thread next time please, as the rules and announcement state. Going to merge with it in case others know about it.

But that sounds...odd. Game might have glitched up badly as the game shouldn't freeze when you select your bag or...the such. =/

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I heard that there was some way to re-spawn Cresselia and Mesprit. Apparently, if you release Cresselia or Mesprit into the wild and faint either one of them, you can re-spawn them by defeating the Elite 4 again. They will be at their respective locations when you first released them (Fullmoon Island/Verity Cave), and their IVs/natures/etc. will be completely randomized.

Is this true?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I heard that there was some way to re-spawn Cresselia and Mesprit. Apparently, if you release Cresselia or Mesprit into the wild and faint either one of them, you can re-spawn them by defeating the Elite 4 again. They will be at their respective locations when you first released them (Fullmoon Island/Verity Cave), and their IVs/natures/etc. will be completely randomized.

Is this true?

IVs and Natures shouldn't be reset (I'm not sure about that part), but Legendaries do respawn after beating the Elite Four in Platinum.

Spirit-Halo

Soul Silver fanatic
ACK!

Ok, so...I'm sure a lot of people have had this same issue, but I'm going through it, too: I need help in finding TM 11 - Sunny day.

I know it's on Route 212, but that isn't enough! They say it's in a house...but where!? I'm going nuts! I can't find the house anywhere! And it's not the Shard's Guy house!

Anyone have a map or a detailed picture of where it is? *headdesk* -.-

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Is it possible to share event items such as wonder cards and the oak's letter through wifi?
No.. You can't send a card or key items to another game via Wifi. Most events are made so you can't even send it via Local Wireless.

Some "event" items can be put on a Pokémon such as Rare Berries or scarfs. Soul Dew is technically a Event Item, as you need to get an event to get one.

jabs4

ACK!

Ok, so...I'm sure a lot of people have had this same issue, but I'm going through it, too: I need help in finding TM 11 - Sunny day.

I know it's on Route 212, but that isn't enough! They say it's in a house...but where!? I'm going nuts! I can't find the house anywhere! And it's not the Shard's Guy house!

Anyone have a map or a detailed picture of where it is? *headdesk* -.-
Its the only house on the southern end of the route. There's a girl who'll trade shards for TMs. For Sunny Day, you'll trade 10 red shards.

Kashinn

One Step At A Time.
I was just wondering if it's even possible for a Nidoran(M) to show up on route 202? Because I just got a shiny Nidoran in a trade, but serebii says that it's found on route 201. And when I googled "nidoran 202," there were some results where people have mentioned the Nidoran appearing in route 202.

If anyone can help me confirm this, it'd be great.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
IVs and Natures shouldn't be reset (I'm not sure about that part), but Legendaries do respawn after beating the Elite Four in Platinum.

The IVs and nature do reset. I've tried it myself with Darkrai.

Is it possible to share event items such as wonder cards and the oak's letter through wifi?

There is currantly only one Wondercard that you can do that with; the Japanese Secret Key. And even then it's only for local wireless and not Wi-Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.