• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
If a pokemon is locked into a move because of a Choice item, cannot switch, nad has no PP left, does it start to Struggle?

blckdemondrgn

lv 8 Shiny Hunter
Ok I have a question about berry growing.

I've read gamefaqs berry guide and I am slightly confused about the process. Currently I am growing custap and rowap berry which normally take 24 hours per stage for a total according to serebii 96 hours.

I am using growth mulch so it should be halved to 48 hours to fully grow. Currently the berries are in stage 3 when you see the bud. I am slightly confused as I've planted these berries Saturday around 6-8pm and it is currently near 1 pm Monday. Now by my calculations, at least 36 hours minimum should pass so shouldn't it be in stage 4 where it is in bloom? Does being as a seed counts as an extra stage (doing math by serebii calculation 96 hours / 24 hours per stage = 4 stages it goes through)? If so does stage 1 counts without the aid of growth mulch?

Sorry to ask so many questions at once but the only logical theory I can see if it counts stage 1 during growth process and it isn't halved by growth mulch. So by normal means it should take 120 hours to grow rowap or custap berry without mulch. I guess I am asking for verification.

edited: Ok thanks so much razor_fire, I must've misread it somewhere cause it was never that specific to begin with. That makes so much sense now, again thanks.

Last edited:

razor fire

I am using growth mulch so it should be halved to 48 hours to fully grow. Currently the berries are in stage 3 when you see the bud. I am slightly confused as I've planted these berries Saturday around 6-8pm and it is currently near 1 pm Monday. Now by my calculations, at least 36 hours minimum should pass so shouldn't it be in stage 4 where it is in bloom? Does being as a seed counts as an extra stage (doing math by serebii calculation 96 hours / 24 hours per stage = 4 stages it goes through)? If so does stage 1 counts without the aid of growth mulch?

Sorry to ask so many questions at once but the only logical theory I can see if it counts stage 1 during growth process and it isn't halved by growth mulch. So by normal means it should take 120 hours to grow rowap or custap berry without mulch. I guess I am asking for verification.

Growth Mulch does not cut the growth time to half the time needed. It reduces the growth time by 25% (1/4)

96 : 4 = 72

Also, 72 hours needed for it to be fully grown.

Do these games get a discount on Black Friday?

What is a "Black Friday"?
Though I kinda guess so... I guess you'll have to check yourself.

m190049

Local psychopath
The one in D/P says "Met at Lvl. 30 at Flower Paradise" while the one in Platinum says "Had a Fateful Encounter at lvl. 30 at Flower Paradise."
Ahh... So that unlocks the Fateful Encounter requirement.

Well, does the Platinum Arceus say "Had a Fateful Encounter at level 80 at Hall of Origin"?

Do these games get a discount on Black Friday?
That depends on the store. Ask some of the clerks there if they are offering discounts.

What is a "Black Friday"?
Though I kinda guess so... I guess you'll have to check yourself.
Black Friday- the beginning of the Christmas Shopping Season. Many stores offer discounts on... Stuff. Of all assortments, really.

Last edited:

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
how do I evolve kirlia into A gallade & what type pokemon is gliscor?

Ksi

Multi-Type Trainer
Since I didn't know where else to ask it, I decided to ask it here.

Can the 4th Gen IV Calculator calculate the EVs a Pokemon has gained? If not, there should be some way to do so. So that way a person can make sure whether or not there is a mistake in the manual calculation.

For example, I have a Mothim I recently evolved from a Burmy, but I do not know it's EVs. It is a Serious nature (don't even start on about neutral natures), and it is now Lv.21. However, after trying the IV Calculator, it didn't help much. Which would mean I would have to go through the EV numbers one at a time in order to find the amount it actually has based on that.

Kinda annoying really.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Since I didn't know where else to ask it, I decided to ask it here.

Can the 4th Gen IV Calculator calculate the EVs a Pokemon has gained? If not, there should be some way to do so. So that way a person can make sure whether or not there is a mistake in the manual calculation.

For example, I have a Mothim I recently evolved from a Burmy, but I do not know it's EVs. It is a Serious nature (don't even start on about neutral natures), and it is now Lv.21. However, after trying the IV Calculator, it didn't help much. Which would mean I would have to go through the EV numbers one at a time in order to find the amount it actually has based on that.

Kinda annoying really.

Nope, it impossible to tell what a pokemons EVs are without writing them down.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Can a Pokemon holding a Focus Sash survive a Horn Drill/Guillotine/Sheer Cold/Fissure if its at full HP?

Ksi

Multi-Type Trainer
Is using Theif at Iron Island to get more Metal Coats a good idea?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Sure just remember that only Wild Steelix hold Metal Coat on the island.

Adding to this post:

Other Pokemon, exluding Iron Island Pokemon, you can find that hold Metal Coat in the wild include: Magnemite, Magneton, Bronzor, Bronzong (Pt.)

Status
Not open for further replies.