• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
How do I activate the three Regis'
When I try to make them appear they aren't there
I use a TRU Regigigas its Legit(Got it myself) but it doesn't work :(
Help me

You've beaten the Elite Four and have the National Dex?

Hurricos

Shiny Collector
For a monotype challenge, say of grass types, do the pokemon have to be pure grass types or can they be part grass and part ground?

Kashinn

One Step At A Time.
For a monotype challenge, say of grass types, do the pokemon have to be pure grass types or can they be part grass and part ground?

as long as the pokemon has one of its types as grass, it's categorized as a grass type pokemon.

Miaka1986

Hi,
I have a question wich I cannot find the awnser to.

I have imported Platinum, so this is the US version. But I also have the Diamond and Pear version from EU.

Now we have an event here in Holland where you can download a pokémon at a ToysXL store.

-Is this 'at store download' only for the EU games, or should my US game also work?

-Can I use my US version to join an European Wi-Fi event, or is this only for EU games?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi,
I have a question wich I cannot find the awnser to.

I have imported Platinum, so this is the US version. But I also have the Diamond and Pear version from EU.

Now we have an event here in Holland where you can download a pokémon at a ToysXL store.

-Is this 'at store download' only for the EU games, or should my US game also work?

-Can I use my US version to join an European Wi-Fi event, or is this only for EU games?

You should have searched this thread, it's been asked a number of times.

Local events work with any region. Wi-Fi events only work with the corresponding region's game, but you can do it anywhere in the world as long as you're connected to the internet.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
You should have searched this thread, it's been asked a number of times.

Local events work with any region. Wi-Fi events only work with the corresponding region's game, but you can do it anywhere in the world as long as you're connected to the internet.

Not really. My German and Japanese games couldn't recieve any US local events. Unless you were meaning differant region games of the same language. In that case I'm not sure.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Really? No I thought the local events weren't region locked. Odd that they are.

The only local events that weren't region locked were the Worlds Pikachu, Lucario and Weavile. And even then the Wi-Fi cartrage could only do two differant language games at one time.

N385

Hello! I just got this timid Arceus from the delivery man in the pokemarket, with these Ivs:
31/14/29/20/25/26.
Shoud I keep it or do I have to SR again for another one?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hello! I just got this timid Arceus from the delivery man in the pokemarket, with these Ivs:
31/14/29/20/25/26.
Shoud I keep it or do I have to SR again for another one?

That all depends on what you'd wanna use it for. With those IVs it would make a great wall. but your attacking stats are low.

Kashinn

One Step At A Time.
Well, I would use it as a special attacker. Are 20 Iv enough?

what I would do, for a special attacker, is just go for 31 IV on s.atk. but the question I have for you is whether the nature is set or not. if it is set, then i'd aim for 31 s.atk and speed, if it's not set, then 31 s.atk should be fine, as long as all the other stats arent too low. but then again, everything is already around 120, so it should be fine even if the defenses are around 10-ish. not having a nature preset on the wonder card can be a bit time consuming.

it really all depends on your patience.

N385

what I would do, for a special attacker, is just go for 31 IV on s.atk. but the question I have for you is whether the nature is set or not. if it is set, then i'd aim for 31 s.atk and speed, if it's not set, then 31 s.atk should be fine, as long as all the other stats arent too low. but then again, everything is already around 120, so it should be fine even if the defenses are around 10-ish. not having a nature preset on the wonder card can be a bit time consuming.

it really all depends on your patience.

No, the nature isn't set, since this is the level 100 event arceus. I got the timid nature after some days of SR. I wanted too the max special attack, since I cannot neither train it with EVs, but I fear that the other stats would be too low. Even if I obtain a 31 sp. atk iv, I could get low speed, for example. But if the other stats doesn't matter very much, I can go for the 31 sp. atk IV, what do you think?

Kashinn

One Step At A Time.
hmm, i'd say that the difference between a Modest 31 IV on s.atk vs Timid 20 IV on s.atk for a special attacker is a bit much, but since Arceus cant be EV trained, its s.atk probably wont even match up to a charizard, so i'm really not too sure. i'd say, if you're playing singles, you should stick with the one you have. as someone has mentioned before, it can work as a wall, while doing more damage than other walls usually can.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
have you got the national dex? that may be the only thing stopping you. and is the regigigas in your party wen you travel to the 3 caves

@

have you got the national dex? that may be the only thing stopping you. and is the regigigas in your party wen you travel to the 3 caves

Yeah I did with the Regigigas in my party and it worked now
So.......I guess I don't need help.......

dancing_totodile

Breeder Contestant
as long as the pokemon has one of its types as grass, it's categorized as a grass type pokemon.

Okay, how does that work with evolutions? I just posted in another thread that I want to do a mono-steel challange but a lot of steel types are pokemon who don't start out steel (like Steelix and Probopass) is it okay to use there prevolutions until they can evolve or do you have to get them to evolve before they are allowed to battle?

Also, I've never been able to figure this out. Whenever I breed Burmy and hatch in egg it always seems like it hatches with a grass cloak and never changes to trash or sand, am I doing something wrong? How do I get the other two cloaks to get Trash and Sand Wormadams? This is probably a simple answer, but i just never have had any change.

^ for burmy to go to trash cloak, battle in a building with it.

as for your mono, you can use them as long as you evlove them into their steel type evo's

dancing_totodile

Breeder Contestant
^ for burmy to go to trash cloak, battle in a building with it.

as for your mono, you can use them as long as you evlove them into their steel type evo's

Okay, then is Sand Cloak the Desert?

Would the Lake Valor (Azelf's Lake) Resort area work for the Trash Cloak? Cause that is really the only building where you can easily repeat battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.