• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
I know this is a pretty stupid question but, how do I know when to evolve a feebas, I heard you just need to have max beauty and level up, but when I tried it, feebas didn't evolve. People have been telling me to level up feebas to level 20, is that how it works? And what berries are recommended for giving feebas max beauty?

I had this problem too and I nearly pulled my hair out over it. So heads up, the Feebas' nature has to be Modest, Mild, Rash or Quiet for it to evolve as well. I got a Rash one and first try it evolved perfectly.

weavileluver1

I've got the powah!
The move relearner is the only way to teach it those moves, at any point.

Crud. I found one Heart Scale underground and used it to teach Air Slash, but I'm still out of luck on Aura Sphere and ExtremeSpeed. By the way, do you know any good alternatives for ExtremeSpeed; I'm pretty sure I can do better than that, but I'm blank at the moment.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Crud. I found one Heart Scale underground and used it to teach Air Slash, but I'm still out of luck on Aura Sphere and ExtremeSpeed. By the way, do you know any good alternatives for ExtremeSpeed; I'm pretty sure I can do better than that, but I'm blank at the moment.

...Just keep digging for Heart Scales. They're not impossible to find. Just get two more from there, or steal some from wild Luvdisc.

hungryguy

spindidindindindinda

Or talk to the Newspaper guy in Solaceon, who gives you heart scales if you bring him a pokemon.

Last edited:

Falco Master

Ruler Of Tyranitar
Dam I can't find a chinchou with a deepseascale. Any tips?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Dam I can't find a chinchou with a deepseascale. Any tips?

Well you could always trade for one. I know they're rare but if you keep looking you'll find one.

They're only found as items in RSE and attached to Chinchou, Lanturn, and Relicanth in the 4th Gen.

Kotone

It's not that hard to find a heartscale underground (ok I probably jynxed myself now)

weavileluver1

I've got the powah!
Or talk to the Newspaper guy in Solaceon, who gives you heart scales if you bring him a pokemon.

I tried that; he asked for a Cherrim last time I saw him. I'll try again; he might give me an easier Pokemon to find.

weavileluver1

I've got the powah!
Palkia in Platinum?

I've heard that it's impossible to get Palkia in Platinum without trading, but I thought that you could. I've beaten the E4 and the Champion, so can I go to the Spear Pillar or something to find Dialga and Palkia waiting for me? Or do I need to do something else? OR, is it actually impossible to find Palkia in Pokemon Platinum?!

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Yes, it's possible. At the top of the Waterfall in Mount Coronet, you can find the Adamant Orb and the Lustrous Orb. Take them to Spear Pillar and you can battle and catch both Dialga and Palkia. They are at Lv. 70.

ViRoLoGY

Pokemon Contest Fail ¬_¬

Everyone! Get in here!
My utmost apologies if there is a thread about this already, but I've been doing a lot of lurking for a while on Serebii and can't find one, hence my posting.
I'm at wits end over the Contests. I'm looking to get another shiny star on my trainer card for winning the Master Rank Cool Contest with my Nidoking ;034;
He's a Naughty nature, full of spicy poffins and the contest moveset I'm using I got off this very site. (Rain Dance/Thunderbolt/Thunder/Hyper Beam).
Now I'm not sure how much help the red scarf would be, but for some strange reason Mr. Scarf man doesn't think my Nidoking is pretty enough, even though he's gorged on enough poffins to look like a diseased Snorlax or something. So I am asking you all for your suggestions of either a better moveset or indeed which Pokemon you used to wipe the floor with the contests?
-ViRO

weavileluver1

I've got the powah!
Thanks. I forgot whcih side you enter Mt. Coronet from to get to the Spear Pillar. Can you help me? Thanks! :)

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Everyone! Get in here!
My utmost apologies if there is a thread about this already, but I've been doing a lot of lurking for a while on Serebii and can't find one, hence my posting.
I'm at wits end over the Contests. I'm looking to get another shiny star on my trainer card for winning the Master Rank Cool Contest with my Nidoking ;034;
He's a Naughty nature, full of spicy poffins and the contest moveset I'm using I got off this very site. (Rain Dance/Thunderbolt/Thunder/Hyper Beam).
Now I'm not sure how much help the red scarf would be, but for some strange reason Mr. Scarf man doesn't think my Nidoking is pretty enough, even though he's gorged on enough poffins to look like a diseased Snorlax or something. So I am asking you all for your suggestions of either a better moveset or indeed which Pokemon you used to wipe the floor with the contests?
-ViRO
Merged with the Help thread, which is where you should have posted in the first place - please check the rules of sections before posting in them.

You probably don't have enough poffins that max out his cool/beauty/whatever level for a scarf and all - you'd have to use more, or just try again with a different Pokemon with better Poffins.

weavileluver1

I've got the powah!
Hearthome's or Eterna's are the quickest.

Awesome. Palkia, here I come! (I caught Giratina in a Dusk Ball; Palkia WILL BE MINE! :))

weavileluver1

I've got the powah!
I went to the Spear Pillar. No Palkia :(. Do I have to have the Lustrous Orb in my bag for Palkia to appear?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I think you guys forgot the "talk to the elder in Celestic first" part.
And if you have both Orbs, Dialga would always appear first, you have to capture/defeat it, get back into Mt. Coronet, then return to Spear Pillar to make Palkia appear.
In order to make Palkia appear first, you have to attach the Adamant Orb to a Pokemon, and put that Pokemon in your PC, thus making it so that the only Orb in your bag is the Lustrous Orb. Or simply do not pick the Adamant Orb back in the waterfall cave, you still can pick it up later on.

Cazzah

Why Is The Rum Gone?
couple of questions on Eggs for you :)

Right, so I know that the nature ect is set before you recieve the egg, but the IV's arent...

But, are the IV's decided when you get the egg given to you, or when it is hatched?

And is there a way to pass down a nature from a MALE to its egg? I know about the Females & Everstone technique.

( Im asking because I want a timid eevee. Ive hatched 60+ so far, and got one timid. and it was a male, with 0 speed IV. In short, my hatching failed :') )

Status
Not open for further replies.