• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
couple of questions on Eggs for you :)

Right, so I know that the nature ect is set before you recieve the egg, but the IV's arent...

But, are the IV's decided when you get the egg given to you, or when it is hatched?

And is there a way to pass down a nature from a MALE to its egg? I know about the Females & Everstone technique.

( Im asking because I want a timid eevee. Ive hatched 60+ so far, and got one timid. and it was a male, with 0 speed IV. In short, my hatching failed :') )
I thought that the IV's where set before you got in your party.

Cazzah

Why Is The Rum Gone?
^ Thanks, I thought as much

Is there a way to pass a nature down from a Male to an egg?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
^ No, but if you give the Female an Everstone, the egg has a 50% chance of getting the same nature.

Natures can also be passed on from Ditto.

Blazios

What total Poffin level is needed to max a contest stat? Also, is it possible to max all contest stats by using only multiples of the Mild Poffin given to you in Hearthome Hall (Level 60, Smoothness 40)?

Kashinn

One Step At A Time.
^ No, but if you give the Female an Everstone, the egg has a 50% chance of getting the same nature.

though you have to keep in mind that the everstone only comes into effect if the two pokemon are from the same region.

otherwise, lets say you have a japanese and an american charmander that are being bred, and the female is holding an everstone. the rate of the nature being passed down will be the same as if it werent holding an everstone, but the chances of the offspring being a shiny pokemon is 4x the normal rate. ("Masuda Method")

kacpr

Hi guys, newbie here. I just got an used Platinum game and wanted to start asap, but just of curiosity i checked the saved game file that was there, and to my surprise, there was an Oak's Letter received for that game. Now I have a question - can I just delete the save file and begin my new adventure and pick the letter again from the mart, or do I have get Jirachi in game (how long would that take? on that file there are only two gym badges...) and transfer it to my Pearl via GTS?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
Not sure about the Oak's Letter, but what does Jirachi have anything to do with Oak's Letter? It was for Shaymin....whose area can only be unlocked after the E4.
Transferring a Legend via GTS is also risky, there are chances it might got traded by someone else.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Now I have a question - can I just delete the save file and begin my new adventure and pick the letter again from the mart,
If you delete it the saved file, the letter will be deleted.
or do I have get Jirachi in game (how long would that take? on that file there are only two gym badges...) and transfer it to my Pearl via GTS?
Lost me here.

kacpr

Yeah, sorry, i got the pokemon wrong, it's Shaymin that I can get, not Jirachi. It really sucks now, because I found out, that I have to beat the game first to capture it. So the key combination to delete the save files would also delete the Wonder Card? I had hope that it wouldn't, because there is an option to actually trash the wonder card, so deleting the save file wouldn't cause that...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, sorry, i got the pokemon wrong, it's Shaymin that I can get, not Jirachi. It really sucks now, because I found out, that I have to beat the game first to capture it. So the key combination to delete the save files would also delete the Wonder Card? I had hope that it wouldn't, because there is an option to actually trash the wonder card, so deleting the save file wouldn't cause that...

Your Wondercards are tied to your game, which is why you can delete Wondercards. You can only have three or four (I forget) Wondercards per game, so naturally some must be deleted.

Kashinn

One Step At A Time.
Your Wondercards are tied to your game, which is why you can delete Wondercards. You can only have three or four (I forget) Wondercards per game, so naturally some must be deleted.

i think it's four, because i'm looking at my sister's game after getting her a pichu, and it had a manaphy egg, riolu, darkrai, and pichu from the market guy. i'm not sure if there mightve been pokemon before that either.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

It's three. And you're right, you need to delete one if you have three in order to get a new Wonder Card :)

i think it's four, because i'm looking at my sister's game after getting her a pichu, and it had a manaphy egg, riolu, darkrai, and pichu from the market guy. i'm not sure if there mightve been pokemon before that either.

That event doesn't give you a Wonder Card, only the Egg at the PokeMart :|

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
when is the next wifi event?

Well there is currently a Wi-Fi Mew event, but only if you have Japanese version of D/P/Pt.

Other than that, none has been announced in any part of the world. Expect info on the next one to be on the main site when it's announced.

Ninjitsu15

Caught!
I have two questions, I hope someone can help me!

I was wondering how many EVs the EV berries actually decrease...Before I got into competitive battling, I screwed up some Pokemon. I was wondering how many berries I would need to use in order to clear the slate.

I also heard that if you EV train a level 100 Pokemon, it will gain the stats it would have if it had been EV trained from the beginning. Is this true?

Thanks to anyone who is able to answer these questions!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I have two questions, I hope someone can help me!

I was wondering how many EVs the EV berries actually decrease...Before I got into competitive battling, I screwed up some Pokemon. I was wondering how many berries I would need to use in order to clear the slate.

I also heard that if you EV train a level 100 Pokemon, it will gain the stats it would have if it had been EV trained from the beginning. Is this true?

Thanks to anyone who is able to answer these questions!
Ev reducing berries reduce Evs by 10, unless the EV is over 100. If it is over 100 the first berry will bring it down to 100. So 11 Berries at the most will birng any Pokemon to 0 EVs.

Pokemon gain EVs when gaining experience, level 100 Pokemon do not gain Exp and therefore can not gain any EVs.

weavileluver1

I've got the powah!
I think you guys forgot the "talk to the elder in Celestic first" part.
And if you have both Orbs, Dialga would always appear first, you have to capture/defeat it, get back into Mt. Coronet, then return to Spear Pillar to make Palkia appear.
In order to make Palkia appear first, you have to attach the Adamant Orb to a Pokemon, and put that Pokemon in your PC, thus making it so that the only Orb in your bag is the Lustrous Orb. Or simply do not pick the Adamant Orb back in the waterfall cave, you still can pick it up later on.

Oh. I went to the Spear Pillar. No Palkia. Glad that got sorted out.

Dekimashda

tha shiiz?
can u keep shaymin in sky forme when u do a wireless or wifi battle? cuz i did one once and he just went back to land forme when the battle started

Status
Not open for further replies.