• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashinn

One Step At A Time.
can u keep shaymin in sky forme when u do a wireless or wifi battle? cuz i did one once and he just went back to land forme when the battle started

from what i remember, the alternative forms were not introduced until platinum, so that may be the case? i'm not entirely sure though, since i've never used any of them before.

Edit: I just did a quick google, and found that you cant use any alternative forms in wi-fi.

Edit #2: [Question] Does anyone know if there's a pokemon with an ability that prevents confusion by any chance?

Last edited:

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
can u keep shaymin in sky forme when u do a wireless or wifi battle? cuz i did one once and he just went back to land forme when the battle started
Only in local wireless battles.
Edit #2: [Question] Does anyone know if there's a pokemon with an ability that prevents confusion by any chance?

Slowbro, Grumpig, and Lickilicky all have Own Tempo, which prevents confusion.

Dragon~~pokémon~~trainer

The Pokémon Trainer
Quick Question: Does the Masuda Method work with a Pokémon from the USA version and a Pokémon from the EU version? Or are the USA and EU viewed as the same region (as both have english games)?

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
Hey everyone, I've got a breeding question. I have a Torchic and a Combusken @ the Day Care, my Torchic is female and holds and Everstone and is Mild natured. Both my pokemon have my ID number and I've breed about 15 torchics now and none of them is Mild natured. Did I overlooked something here?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
I think you've just been really, really unlucky unless I'm wrong and the passer needs to me Male, which I don't think is right. Be sure to save before you get the Egg, not after you get it.

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
I think you've just been really, really unlucky unless I'm wrong and the passer needs to me Male, which I don't think is right. Be sure to save before you get the Egg, not after you get it.

I'm a massive breeder, I just get new ones and breed them over and over again. 3 Torchics further and still no succes :(

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
No, all legit. I think I would hack the nature if I was able to, I've got little progress! 1 Mild Natured out of 20.

^ Please don't be insulted by this, but are either Pokémon Hacked or Cloned?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Right. I looked into this a little, and suggest you try with a Ditto @ Everstone instead of the Female. For some reason, Pal Parked Ditto seem to work consistently, although certain Natures have not worked. Look at this;
shallow man (Smogon) said:
Adamant Ditto (from Emerald)

Cranidos (3/5 Adamant)
Geodude (2/5 Adamant)
Machop (4/5 Adamant)
Sneasel (2/5 Adamant)
Heracross (2/5 Adamant)
Starly (2/5 Adamant)
Magikarp (2/5 Adamant)
Gible (3/5 Adamant)

And with a Modest Ditto:

Gastly (3/5 Modest)
Roselia (1/5 Modest)
Chansey (3/5 Modest)
***Abra (0/25 Modest)***
Some odd results there... I wonder what the nature of the original Abra was. I might do some research into this myself.

Cazzah

Why Is The Rum Gone?
Hey everyone, I've got a breeding question. I have a Torchic and a Combusken @ the Day Care, my Torchic is female and holds and Everstone and is Mild natured. Both my pokemon have my ID number and I've breed about 15 torchics now and none of them is Mild natured. Did I overlooked something here?

I dont think you overlooked anything.
The everstone will increase the chances of the same nature by 50% ( Supposedly), so just keep trying.

I did it without an everstone, and managed to get 90 Eevees, with only 2 timid. :(

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The thing with the Everstone trick is that you have a 50% chance of getting that nature. That doesn't mean 1/2 Pokemon will have it, that means every time the game picks 1 or 2 (for example) if it's 1, you get the nature, if not you get a different nature. So you can go through 100 Pokemon not ever once getting the nature you wanted.

Shane-san

Fading Memories
My Pearl game was somehow stopped loading correctly, so I transfered all of my legendaries to my Platinum. I just beat the Elite 4 for the first time, and my Reggigas isnt registering in the dex, and it and Heatran are the only 2 missing. I have seen all the others, and I cant get the national dex. Help?

jaxonferz

where exactly in the wayward cave is tm earthquake?
i have platinum if its any different from pearl/diamond

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ It's in the secret area of the cave. The entrance is hidden under the cycling road so you cannot see it, but it is there. Gible can also be found in this area.

jaxonferz

^^ o sick! i never knew thank you thebluerabbit. your a pimp

LokesLano

Baby Bopper
I'm on a Pokedex hunt, but obviously some pokemon are harder to get than others, specifically Legendaries.

ok ok I'll cut to the chase. What does it mean on Serebii when it says "Interact" when referring to the Regi's in Platinum and Latios in Heart Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.