• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riolucario

Pokémon Collector
Hey random question, hope you can answer it, didn't see anything about it in the FAQs.
May sound like a stupid question to some too, but it's one I want to know :)

Right well my friend has LeafGreen and Emerald, is there any way at all it is possible for me to battle them using Pokémon from Diamond? Can they connect to battle? I expect not, but I don't see why not, since Pokémon from generation 3 can be sent to generation 4 games.
Is it possible to transfer them temporarily to Pokémon Battle Revolution? Or some other similar way.

You see, my friend is unwilling to buy a 4th generation game, and I am unwilling to re-train six Pokémon to level 100 on my 3rd gen games just for a few random battles.

There must be some way past this? If not, is there a mode on any 3rd generation game that automatically puts all Pokémon to level 100? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Thanks! I think I've found a way around it (gonna clone their Pokémon and transfer the clones to a Pearl game to battle my Diamond). But yeah, thanks for confirmation on the 3rd/4th gen battle impossibility, lol.

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ It's not possible to transfer 3rd Gen. Pokémon to 4th Gen. and get them back again, and it's not possible to battle 4th Gen. with 3rd Gen. Sorry about that. Also, IIRC, there is no Auto Lv. 100 mode in the 3rd Gen.

Dattebayo

Banned
If you keep running away from wild Pokemon battles, will it decrease your Pokemon's happiness?

weavileluver1

I've got the powah!
How do I even get to 21 consecutive battles in the BT? I thought that you got through a round of 7 battles and then you got 3 BP. Is there something that I'm missing?

jabs4

If you keep running away from wild Pokemon battles, will it decrease your Pokemon's happiness?
No.

How do I even get to 21 consecutive battles in the BT? I thought that you got through a round of 7 battles and then you got 3 BP. Is there something that I'm missing?
You do. You go through 2 rounds of those + another 6 battles before you're allowed to challenge Palmer.

Last edited:

Burning_Fury

Burning my fury
whats the easiest way to train pokemon to level 100? do you just go to stark mountain and train like crazy or wifi or what?

Jabbascript

Arceus' Mouthpeice
Is there a way to tell how long you've had pokerus?

I was EV training my darkrai and I checked the summary, it had pokerus.
My party was Darkrai, starly, three eggs and a drifloon. Everything had pokerus other than drifloon.

I'm glad I have it, but it sucks if it messed up my count :/

Also, does pokerus make eggs hatch faster? (Sorry if it's been asked already, I only looked for the above question)

Last edited:

Kashinn

One Step At A Time.

My party was Darkrai, starly, three eggs and a drifloon. Everything had pokerus other than drifloon.

Also, does pokerus make eggs hatch faster? (Sorry if it's been asked already, I only looked for the above question)

i'm pretty sure the pokerus will change itself to a "cured" status within a set amount of days, you may have to look that up. but that's one way that may help you figure out how long it has had the pokerus, assuming that you havent deposited it into your pc.

the pokerus shouldnt decrease the amount of steps required to hatch an egg, but pokemon with the ability flame body can do that for you (Magmar).

i'm pretty sure someone here who has had a pokerus before will know more about it though, since they've actually had experience with it.

and you can also start over with your EV's with certain berries, if I remember correctly. although i've never done it, even when I thought I mightve done it incorrectly.

Jabbascript

Arceus' Mouthpeice
I couldn't have had it for more than ten minutes, but I was just hoping to know if it's possible to find out how many pokemon I'd battled since I got it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about berries! Perhaps all is not lost. :D

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆

1.) Without counting yourself or doing some serious maths, no, there isn't.

2.) Drifloon will get it eventually. Just keep battling.

3.) No, it doesn't.

Jabbascript

Arceus' Mouthpeice
1.) Without counting yourself or doing some serious maths, no, there isn't.

2.) Drifloon will get it eventually. Just keep battling.

3.) No, it doesn't.

Ah.

I didn't want it for drifloon, I was just wondering if that could help determine how long I'd had pokerus. (The eggs are drifloons :p)

Didn't think so.

Alright, I guess I'll bring all the EVs back down. Thanks guys

AlexKZ

I've got a question regarding the Gamestop Jirachi event. When I download it, is the nature predetermined from the point of downloading, or will I be able to SR for a nature I'd like? Or will this only affect IVs?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've got a question regarding the Gamestop Jirachi event. When I download it, is the nature predetermined from the point of downloading, or will I be able to SR for a nature I'd like? Or will this only affect IVs?

You can reset for any nature or IVs or whatever once you have obtained the WonderCard and before you pick up Jirachi at the PokeMart.

zasten

pokemon world championships

hiya guys i wanted to know what kind of filter they have for the pokemon world championships. basically every one of my pokemon is legit however since my mate glitched all his to level 100 i used the max exp glitch to put mine there as well so i could battle him. my iv values will be legit and ev will be under 510 or whatever it was. but since there is no way you could raise about 60 pokemon to level 100 it could look awfully bad. i wanted to know whether youre game gets checked for this when you go to the event or whether they let the filter do the work. many thanks in advance guys.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
My friend just logged onto the GTS for the first time in months, checking to see if his Mime Jr. was traded, and this message came up: "MIME JR. appears to have fled..." What the heck happened!?

blckdemondrgn

lv 8 Shiny Hunter
My friend just logged onto the GTS for the first time in months, checking to see if his Mime Jr. was traded, and this message came up: "MIME JR. appears to have fled..." What the heck happened!?

I think after a certain amount of days being unchecked, it will be lost in the system or such.

So usually at worst case you want to check every 2-3 days to be safe. You might want to check gamefaqs for a clearer explanation as I've read it there somewhere in pokemon diamond GTS faq page.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
GTS has a Clean up after so long.. it removes Pokémon that their trainers have appeared to forget about GTS.

It's Mentioned in the Manual for all the games, well, I assume it will be in HGSS, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.