• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Espeon0429

well i have found that i can battle my rival every day in the fight area if i save in front of him. is this normal, and does everybody know this? he goes away if i move out of the area, but as long as i stay in that area that day i can fight him the next day, and the next. obviously this means that i cant heal or anything, and that is realy all i can do each day if i want him to stay, i just wonderd if this was normal?
thanks

---

As far as I am aware, that is the case on all games. It's just because you're in front of him, so he can't go away. You may want to check with someone else, though.

razor fire

well i have found that i can battle my rival every day in the fight area if i save in front of him. is this normal, and does everybody know this? he goes away if i move out of the area, but as long as i stay in that area that day i can fight him the next day, and the next. obviously this means that i cant heal or anything, and that is realy all i can do each day if i want him to stay, i just wonderd if this was normal?
thanks

---

As far as I am aware, that is the case on all games. It's just because you're in front of him, so he can't go away. You may want to check with someone else, though.

It is normal.

skyline

i am just supprised that no websites mention it. it has been quite usefull for leveling up, although it would be better on platimum i guess.

Chappu

Samurai Pizza Cat
I remember reading that there's a way to reset mesprit's IVs, nature, and so on. How does one do that?

samuuurai

please help

I want to sr for a shiny piplup, and i realize that its random luck if it shines,
but what is a good amount to sr daily? 100? 50? I dont want to do this all
day.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I have an Empoleon. He knows Surf.

Do I wanna be using my TM Flash Cannon on him? Also, how many Water moves should he need? Should I replace Bide? I will teach him Drill Peck to replace Peck at 52.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I have an Empoleon. He knows Surf.

Do I wanna be using my TM Flash Cannon on him? Also, how many Water moves should he need? Should I replace Bide? I will teach him Drill Peck to replace Peck at 52.

Flash Cannon is a good move for Empoleon, you shouldn't need any more than one Water Attack. But if you have the space it can't really hurt. Absolutely replace Bide, in my opinion it's a terrible move. But I'm purely an in-game battler. Someone from the competitive scene may have a different opinion.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Flash Cannon is a good move for Empoleon, you shouldn't need any more than one Water Attack. But if you have the space it can't really hurt. Absolutely replace Bide, in my opinion it's a terrible move. But I'm purely an in-game battler. Someone from the competitive scene may have a different opinion.

Alright, replace Bide with ...?

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Alright, replace Bide with ...?

For in-game, what about Ice Beam? Empoleon's Sp. Attack is better then it's Attack. Also, Ice Beam is super effective at Ground types since Empoleon has a 2x weakness to Ground. It's easy to get since you can get it at route 216 and at the Veilstone Game Corner.

Last edited:

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Ok, now, Rapidash, Abomasnow, Garchomp, Lucario.

I've suddenly taken the use of the Move Relearner, and I taught my Rapidash Megahorn, to take out Aaron and Lucian, by itself, other moves are Agility, Fire Spin and Fire Blast. I will be replacing Fire Blast later with Flare Blitz, but I have no idea about what for Fire Spin~

I checked Bulbapdia and apparently Ice Punch is a Start-move for him,and I have a spare Heart Scale, should I bother? Also, teach him Avalanche? (Actually, I only just caught him, as a Snover, but I was gonna use him anyway~)

Now, with Garchomp, last time I had one, in my old file, he had Fire Fang, this time I won't bother because I have a Rapidash, so it won't really do anything, but currently he knows Dragon Claw, Dragon Rage, Slash and Sandstorm. But my question is, should I see the Move Tutor and teach him Draco Meteor? Also, I only have one TM for Earthquake, but is that better than Dig? I was gonna let him have Dragon Rush anyway~

Finally, my Lucario. He's still a Riolu right now, but seeing as, eventually, he is going to learn Aura Sphere, there's really no point in having 2 Fighting moves, now is there? So, he won't have Close Combat. But I will teach him Dragon Pulse.

All I wanna do is build up my team to battle the Elite 4 and Cynthia the easiest way possible.

So, advice?

Last edited:

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
I just want to confirm that when you place a Pokemon in the daycare it doesn't recieve any EV's when it levels up.

EDIT: Thanks, Rakurai! :)

Last edited:

Rakurai

I just want to confirm that when you place a Pokemon in the daycare it doesn't recieve any EV's when it levels up.

It doesn't.

It's exactly the same as gaining a level through a rare candy, only with the whole involuntary move replacement thing.

1chugga

cyndaquil trainer
where is the move deleter in plat

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Can anyone decide for me? I am tempted in restarting Platinum, in doing so I lose everything (obviously!). But I could end up doing better this time.

Things I would lose and have to redo:
Torterra level 67
Electivire level 70
Magmortar level 65
Rhyperior level 60
Magnezone level 60
Umbreon level 45
Giratina Origin Form

Is it worth redoing Platinum just for a Gallade?

Also, this game was where I do all me breeding/trading...

Rakurai

Can anyone decide for me? I am tempted in restarting Platinum, in doing so I lose everything (obviously!). But I could end up doing better this time.

Things I would lose and have to redo:
Torterra level 67
Electivire level 70
Magmortar level 65
Rhyperior level 60
Magnezone level 60
Umbreon level 45
Giratina Origin Form

Is it worth redoing Platinum just for a Gallade?

Also, this game was where I do all me breeding/trading...

Why would you need to restart in order to get a Gallade?

You can get Dawn Stones from a Pokemon with Pickup at a low rate, and there's three of them to be found without Pickup.

I need help with my Combee.

I want to give her the moves (as a Vespiquen) Attack Order, Toxic, Defend Order and Roost (I think that's what I planned), but I don't know what EV spread to give her.

I can't remember the exact IVs, but I know they're good.

She's Impish natured if that's any help. What EV spread should I give her?

Thanks in advance ^^

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Why restart Platinum? Why not just buy a new Platinum so you can keep all of your old stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.