• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icing Sugar

Hi guys, I need a little help here.

I'm trying out the RNG method for shiny pokemon and I need to calculate my shiny marill's IV's but Idk how to do that. I tried in Serebii's section but Idk if I did it properly.

He has a modest nature and is "highly curious"

he is at lvl 21 and it's stats are:

HP: 65
Atk: 13
Def: 31
SpA: 20
SpD: 26
Spe: 22

And in the webpage it said:

IVs: 22 - 26 / 8 - 12 / 24 - 28 / 30 / 0 - 4 / 1 - 5

Can somebody plz help me out?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'd say you did it right... mind you, the higher the level the more 'exact' values you'll get for IVs. So going by that is has good HP and Defense, great Special Attack but on the flip side poor special defense and speed.

Icing Sugar

I'd say you did it right... mind you, the higher the level the more 'exact' values you'll get for IVs. So going by that is has good HP and Defense, great Special Attack but on the flip side poor special defense and speed.
So, there's no way to determine the exact IV's of my pokemon?

Elite Four Muadita

You can always use an IV calculator from the interwebz

Swiftrz & Milotic

Feed me a stray cat
So, there's no way to determine the exact IV's of my pokemon?

You can always ask someone for an IV battle (or if you have two DS systems and two Pokemon games in your household you could do it yourself). The Wi-Fi Club room in the basement of a Pokemon Center allows you to have a Lvl 100 single battle with someone, during which you can look at the summary of your Marill and it's stats will be elevated to Lvl 100. Put those into the Serebii IV calculator and you'll get exact values.

Broad Ononokusu

Ononokusu've POWAH!
[Wanted] Distortion World Rips or maps

A Wild Ononokusu Appeared!

Hello, I'm here to wish you Distortion World Maps or rips form Platinum.

The case is, I know where to get the tiles, but I would like the complete maps, as they are in some websites.

I want them to get a reference and build my own set of maps, because I own a website, and my Distortion World guide is already outrunned.

I already checked the biggest search sites of the web, and all I could find were some Scans from the guide book, and in poor quality.

Can someone please help me?

The Wild Ononokusu fled!

what do i do next

i went to snowpoint city and a team galactic person said some thing i don't know what he said because i was pressing A what do i do

thanks

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
what do i do next

i went to snowpoint city and a team galactic person said some thing i don't know what he said because i was pressing A what do i do

thanks

What game is it? Have you beaten Candice, the Snowpoint City Gym Leader?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Now you can use Rock Climb, so go to Lake Valor, and climb up the rocks.

Clavis

Old School Trainer
A Question About Removing a Pokémon Nickname

I felt this would fit better in the general Pokémon forum, but there was a "not a game help forum" notice, so I figured I would post this here since I only own Generation IV games at the moment.

Here is a hypothetical scenario:
I catch a wild LEDYBA and nickname it "Dot." Then, I decide I do not want it to have a nickname, so I rename it LEDYBA. Soon afterward, it evolves into a Ledian. Would the Pokémon's name remain as LEDYBA or change to LEDIAN?

Basically, my question is would the game recognize the revised name as a nickname or as the default name for the Pokémon in question? I am only asking out of curiosity because some of my Pokémon in this situation have not evolved yet.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I felt this would fit better in the general Pokémon forum, but there was a "not a game help forum" notice, so I figured I would post this here since I only own Generation IV games at the moment.

I catch a wild LEDYBA and nickname it "Dot." Then, I decide I do not want it to have a nickname, so I rename it LEDYBA. Soon afterward, it evolves into a Ledian. Would the Pokémon's name remain as LEDYBA or change to LEDIAN?

Basically, my question is would the game recognize the revised name as a nickname or as the default name for the Pokémon in question? I am only asking out of curiosity because some of my Pokémon in this situation have not evolved yet.
It depends..

If you entered the naming screen, and then decided to enter nothing. The there is no nickname, and it will change.

As for putting in a name, then changing it via the Name Rater. It's got a good chance to staying LEDYBA, due to the Nickname Flag could be up.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

It depends..

If you entered the naming screen, and then decided to enter nothing. The there is no nickname, and it will change.

As for putting in a name, then changing it via the Name Rater. It's got a good chance to staying LEDYBA, due to the Nickname Flag could be up.

No, when it evolves it will evolve into 'LEDIAN'. I've done this quite a few times.

Ammako

It depends..

No, because the game knows LEDYBA isn't a nickname for that Pokémon, so it automatically removes the nickname flag.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've a question regarding Generation 3 cartridges. If I have an English Emerald cartridge in Slot-2 of the DS, will a Japanese Diamond version recognize it and make those Slot-2 exclusive Pokemon appear in-game in Diamond, despite the games being from different regions? Thank you in advanced.

Blake.S

Hi, I'm interested in starting RNG Breeding.

The only thing I'm missing is my Secret ID (Which I need a non-chianed shiny for).

My question is; Can I use a soft-reset shiny drifloon to work out my secret trainer ID?

My next question is; If I use the Drifloon, will I have to use Method 1 to work out my secret trainer ID?

(And just in case you're wondering, I haven't got my shiny drifloon yet...)

Hi, I'm interested in starting RNG Breeding.

The only thing I'm missing is my Secret ID (Which I need a non-chianed shiny for).

My question is; Can I use a soft-reset shiny drifloon to work out my secret trainer ID?

yes you can, you can use any stationary pokemon as well. good luck!

BayBeeBoi

Hey everybody...
I just restarted my Pokemon Pearl Version a few weeks ago... so far I have this 5 Pokemon on my team Drifblim, Vespiquen, Meditite, Glaceon, and Bibarel (HM-Slave)... I still need a sixth Pokemon but I can't decide on one, so I would like to know which one you think I should add to my team. I don't care about what type it is, I would like it to be a 4th Gen. Pokemon though....
Thanks for your help...

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
Hey everybody...
I just restarted my Pokemon Pearl Version a few weeks ago... so far I have this 5 Pokemon on my team Drifblim, Vespiquen, Meditite, Glaceon, and Bibarel (HM-Slave)... I still need a sixth Pokemon but I can't decide on one, so I would like to know which one you think I should add to my team. I don't care about what type it is, I would like it to be a 4th Gen. Pokemon though....
Thanks for your help...
Well it's all down to personal preference...
I would recommend one that has a varied move-set as most of the others in your party do have limited move-sets.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Hey everybody...
Thanks for your help...

You should add a Ground type to counter the major weakness you have to Electric types, such as a Gible or a Hippopotas.

Status
Not open for further replies.