• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
(Ok, I can't find a 'general games discussion' section, so I'm just posting this here- if it's wrong, Mods, can you plz move it? :3 thanks)

1) So, when did you find out about fake games?
I found out about em when I bought two fake gba games off eBay. I might have known, they were 2.99 and had only, like, 2 buys, ah well...

So how did you find out about them?

2) Hacked or just fake?

I got a second-hand Pokemon Diamond game, and in it we have a person with 999999 poke-points (or whatever the currency is) 5 level 100 Pokemon that are Charmander, Charmeleon, Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur. And a level 50 Darkrai, the Pokemon all know different elemental moves (such as dark type and water type for Charmander) and during battle mode, they appear level 50 not 100. This person has also seen almost all the Pokemon and caught every one he's seen.
If it's not hacked, I wish all my other games were like that! D:

So, what do you think??
And, please don't spam with things like "duuuh! If it doesn't play the right game then obviously it's fake! If not, then it's not fake!!" Most fake games actually do play the game, but they crash easily and such, anyways- answer nicely- Early New Year's spirit? :D
1) Official GBA games haven't been produced for many years now. I'm glad I've only seen only one Fake known GBA game and the GBC Pokemon Diamond. (The shops that I saw them had idea that they where fake) I've been aware of them for years, about the 94, I think. Many PC and Cassette Tape based games in the late 80's and Early 90's basicly forced the gamer to look at the manual. It was easy to copy a tape back then, when you could find all the hardware, was easy as finding a iPod today.

2. Your game is probably hacked.

Oh yeah, I did move it.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
is my team good enough to beat cyrus in distortion world
level 47-torterra,rapidash,staraptor,golem
level 48-bibarel
level 50-roserade.

the last time when my team was 41-42 i knocked out 3 of his pokemon and almost fainted his 4th.

Aquarelle

Staff member
is my team good enough to beat cyrus in distortion world
level 47-torterra,rapidash,staraptor,golem
level 48-bibarel
level 50-roserade.

the last time when my team was 41-42 i knocked out 3 of his pokemon and almost fainted his 4th.

My team's levels were lower than yours when I beat him, so I think you'll be fine. The extra levels you gained will make the battle much easier for you.

Just keep trying and you'll win eventually.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
My team's levels were lower than yours when I beat him, so I think you'll be fine. The extra levels you gained will make the battle much easier for you.

Just keep trying and you'll win eventually.

but the main problem is the gyarados.i dont have any electric type in my party.i can always call upon my lv.35 luxray but it would require pretty much levelling.also please can you tell which type of pokeball(apart from master ball) would be good for catching giratina.

Last edited:

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
also please can you tell which type of pokeball(apart from master ball) would be good for catching giratina.
Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls should be fine. :)

Aquarelle

Staff member
but the main problem is the gyarados.i dont have any electric type in my party.i can always call upon my lv.35 luxray but it would require pretty much levelling.also please can you tell which type of pokeball(apart from master ball) would be good for catching giratina.

Your Bibarel can learn electric moves like Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Shock Wave via TM. Its Special Attack isn't that good, but I guess you could you use those moves if you don't want to level up your Luxray.

If you don't want to waste TMs on Bibarel, then just spam your strongest attacks on Gyarados.

If all else fails, level up Luxray and use it to take down Gyarados (this is what I would do personally).

Last edited:

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
Your Bibarel can learn electric moves like Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Shock Wave via TM. Its Special Attack isn't that good, but I guess you could you use those moves if you don't want to level up your Luxray.

If you don't want to waste TMs on Bibarel, then just spam your strongest attacks on Gyarados.

If all else fails, level up Luxray and use it to take down Gyarados (this is what I would do personally).

thanks i defeated him.
can anyone tell where to get a pokedex entry for empoleon.i chose turtwig as my starter.will i battle dawn again or with her in a tag battle.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
while im not sure personally where you see empoleon in battle if you chose turtwig, i know if you battle everyone in the sinnoh region there will be someone with an empoleon for the dex entry.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
should i delete my pokemons hm moves now that i have reached pokemon league or will i need them for future use(i.e. the three areas)etc.and what is better for a bibarel-surf or waterfall.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
should i delete my pokemons hm moves now that i have reached pokemon league or will i need them for future use(i.e. the three areas)etc.and what is better for a bibarel-surf or waterfall.

You should keep them, they're come in use later. Plus surf will come in handy.

Mozilla

EV Training

So, do EV's carry over from level to level?

Ex: You gain 1 EV and then level up... Does that one EV still count towards a stat point?

Larry

So, do EV's carry over from level to level?

Ex: You gain 1 EV and then level up... Does that one EV still count towards a stat point?

Yes. EVs will neveer go away.
It takes 4 EVs to add 1 point in a stat.
Once you reach level 100 your stats will level off.

Status
Not open for further replies.