• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone help me come up with a good move set for houndoom

so far i have fire fang, bite, payback, faint attack...(lvl 46)

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Houndoom @ What ever really
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower / Fire blast
- Dark Pulse
- HP Grass / Thunder fang / Sucker punch / Toxic

Gets pretty good coverage, pretty bad movepool though.

Can someone help me by telling me what level i should be at before i fight the elite 4 ?

ebevan91

No, the game decides what Pokemon appears on a tree, and it cannot be changed. If you save before starting the Honey Tree encounter, you can SR for nature, ability, gender, IVs, etc.

That wasn't what I was asking, I'm asking do I actually have to WAIT 6 or so hours in regular time, or game time? I've tried resetting the DS clock and haven't had any luck. I've never seen the honey tree shake.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
That wasn't what I was asking, I'm asking do I actually have to WAIT 6 or so hours in regular time, or game time? I've tried resetting the DS clock and haven't had any luck. I've never seen the honey tree shake.
Yes, you do. Changing the clock I think resets the time back to just slathered it. The good news is that there are several trees to use, so you can try a dozen places.

Meowth City

Staff member
You have to wait 6 hours in real time.

Rosalia

hopelessly stuck in pokemon diamond

hello everyone,

I'm afraid I'm stuck in the game, I cannot proceed to valor lakefront and road 222 stays blocked off.

after reading lots of walkthroughs (from the very beginning make sure I didn't skip anything) to find a solution I discovered the following episodes never happened to me:

1. after beating canalave gym, rival is suppose to meet you outside and ask you to go to the Library with him. no one was/is there, and there s no one in the library to send me to the 3 lakes. the eartquake never happened.

2. valor lakefront:
Talk to he Galactic Grunt to initiate his run to the north. Follow him and speak to him again. Seems he's tired of running, and decides to fight you this time! Beat his Level 25 Glameowand and Follow him north again and you'll find Cynthia, who gives you the SecretPotion (which clears out the Psyducks blocking your path on Route 210).
Continue north to Route 214 and talk to the Galactic Grunt standing outside of the Great Marsh so he can leave. Head east, and you'll find him still standing there. Talk to him again to really make him go away. Right afterwards, Rival will come over to battle you.
go back east to continue chasing the Galactic Grunt you scared away earlier. On the beach on Route 213, you'll find him standing next to a Fisherman, thinking out loud. Talk to him, and he'll go further east. Follow him, and you'll find him again east of the restaurant full of trainers. Talk to him, and again, he'll leave, going north a little. Now he'll battle you after you talk to him once more. After the battle, go north a little and you'll find Cynthia, who'll give you a SecretPotion to clear the group of Psyduck blocking the road on Route 210.

with 98 hours of play and a pokedex with 89 pokemon I am now completely stuck and cannot procede to new places so please help me out

Rosalia

hi thanks for your reply

hmmzz, I did find an option to have masterballs, so I used it in order to catch the wild ones easier because they kept escaping me.
omg, you think that could be the problem...?

Kays

Lati-twins <3
Unlikely. It's mostly a cheat that altered the original gameplay walkthrough. So if you had a cheat that gave you HM before you were supposed to get them, etc. then you may have ventured off a bit far into the future and ended up skipping all of the events. Most, if not all, of those events will not re-play themselves. If that's the reason that you're stuck, then we cannot help. You'll have to restart the game.

This also includes cheats for winning the gyms, creating an event that is supposed to happen in the future. Tons of stuff. I can't pinpoint the problem for you but you'll have to think about the cheats that you used. Maybe you messed with other codes while trying to have more Masterballs?

Rosalia

that does make a lot of sense what you 're saying...and that is probably what happened...
I guess I must have done something wrong with that cheat so it messed up my game :-(
I 've spend days now trying to find out what is wrong and I can't think of anything else
that sucks big time !
thanks for the advice
aaarggll I will restart and never ever use cheat again

xJeremyx

Someone can help me to know my secret id?

hello well i would like to know how to use the rng. I already have the calibration phase, but i dont have my secret id, and i heard a few options like use the ir-gts. pokesav, and the shiny method, but i dont use pokesav, i cant run ir-gts, and i didnt catch a wild shiny pokemon just the gyaradors and he is already in my white version. and another option is use a japonese website, but the link doesnt work...!

so anyone can helpme with it? i offer a lucky egg, or if u need anyitem just let me know.

S.O.S

I use Soul silver

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Definantly. but the only way that your rival wouldn't be there was if you walked through walls..thats weird. better luck with your next file :)

Shiny hunting

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

Currently hunting down a shiny Snorunt and Sneasel using the pokerader on my pearl. Has anyone got any advice for increasing the chances in chaining or other methods I could use?

Also, out of plain interest. What shiny pokemon have you found using these methods?

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
This would probs belong on the shiny chaining thread. anyways theres no specific way to increase sneasel or snorunt.. I'm actually chaining some right now, so yeah :p

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I don't have platinum/diamond/pearl, but I will purchase platinum pretty soon. Anyway, in hg I captured a shiny zubat and pidgey, and in pokemon black I captured a shiny durant and lillipup. These have all been random, I also accidentally fainted a shiny hoot-hoot in hg but that happens to the best of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.